PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line Holds the Key

Turf
06-13-2003, 06:49 AM
After perusing around just about everywhere on the internet in this normally blah offseason for Bills info, everyone seems to be really hung up on us losing Price.
I think the real test rests on how much the offensive line improves, and on how well this new offensive line coach get's them to play.
If the running game can improve, and if the pass protection get's better, losing Price will be a minimal loss.
Without being long winded, the offensive line is really holding all the cards for this season offensively. All of the other tools are there.

Ð
06-13-2003, 07:02 AM
Miami's offensive line holds the key....

To the Country Style Buffet! All you can eat $8.99 :D

Jan Reimers
06-13-2003, 07:32 AM
I agree with TH. The O line should be much improved with a full season together, and with better blocking at TE and FB, the running game will prosper. Better balance and pass protection will also improve the passing attack. In the new O, Reed will be more than a suitable replacement for Price.

baalworship
06-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Travis Hunter: Great Post! This is what I believe as well. Can this big, talented line step up and dominate? If they can, losing Price won't mean much. Remember, Indy had Manning, Harrison, and James and never found a good #2. They still dominated because their line played well. Even when James went down other backs ran well behind that line.

Any pundit that mentions Price without mentioning the o-line and new line coach is not looking at this from the proper perspective. Pete Prisco, this means YOU!

OpIv37
06-14-2003, 03:20 PM
I tend to agree as well- the O line is more important to offensive production. We don't need a superstar to replace Price- all we need is someone who can be consistent enough to pull some attention from Moulds. Josh Reed more than qualifies.

G. Host
06-14-2003, 10:32 PM
You can have QBs which do well despite poor OL's but show a successful team which can plug in a RB and score and you need to credit the OL. Personally I do not think the RBs out of Denver (Davis, Garym etc) were as good as they had good OLs making holes.

jamze132
06-14-2003, 11:07 PM
the bills won't lose anything with reed as the #2!

Dozerdog
06-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Welcome aboard, jamze132!! Great to have a new addition to the boards!