PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Brohm and our QBs.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Obviously tonight will be an important game for the Bills QBs.

To be frank Brohm is already getting setup to fail. So much emphasis on this site is made of the QB situaton but the truth is that the o-line is not good and our WR corp is a complete work in progress.

If the Bills were willing to dismantle the o-line than they should have been willing to bring in a QB that is not a pocket passer. It's like continuing to poor gas into a car without an engine.

I really feel bad for the QBs on this team because they will be the ulitimate scapegoats here no matter who plays. the Buffalo News made that point this AM and I agree.

mikemac2001
08-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Blah just to save face for trent

Why even post this we know our oline is in bad shape an know our wrs are below avg

We didn't need someone to tell us this

I don't blame Trent for sucking when he has 2 secs to throw the ball or when his wr can't get open.

This is a post To be like see I don't hate brohm and (reason trent sucks is bc the team sucks)

acehole
08-19-2010, 09:42 AM
I disagree. I think it is lack of experience with zone blocking vs talent. Denver had this type of system years back and they had a bunch of no name undersized linemen.....on that note they put in just about any RB and they did well. One cut and gooooo... It will take a mater of time. There is a lot of cut blocking in this system and you can bet that will slow the best of the nfl's linemen down. They will normally run to set up pass...I don't think they will kill their running backs in preseason to acheive this....so they will be pass happy to see who can make throws they need. A good qb can get the most out of his oline. A good QB can over compensate for a bad oline to a piont. Trouble is we are playing to our weakness to get better at it not our strength. We win run on first and second mostly in the regualr season. This will get the safteys up enough to hit some TE's and WR and backs on intermediat routes. We prolly won't do this until last preseason game. What they want to see Friday is how accurate his short game is...how accurate his med game is and what he does with pressure....does he fold? Does he get angry? Does what he does work for linmen after? Does he take a hit and bounce back?How do the players respond to him...in huddle after an outburst? They are still very much in evaluation mode...this includes your linemen. You can bet they will be replacing weak links next year. I was bringing up these very pionts a few years back to deaf ears...lines yada yada weapons...scheme...coaching... Trent is a has been who never was...Brohm represents a potential hope. I am not a fan per say as I don't know if he has the confidence needed at the position but we shall see.

To be frank Brohm is already getting setup to fail. So much emphasis on this site is made of the QB situaton but the truth is that the o-line is not good and our WR corp is a complete work in progress.

If the Bills were willing to dismantle the o-line than they should have been willing to bring in a QB that is not a pocket passer. It's like continuing to poor gas into a car without an engine.

I really feel bad for the QBs on this team because they will be the ulitimate scapegoats here no matter who plays. the Buffalo News made that point this AM and I agree.

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM

There is no defense for our Qbs. They aren't good. That's it.

I have seen Trent have plenty of time and throw dumb INTs, I have seen him have plenty of time and throw incompletions, I have seen Trent throw horrible throws last year to T.O. on deep comeback routes when he was wide open.

Trent does not have the skills to be an NFL QB. It's simple as that. I have been saying this for 2 years now and everyone kept on saying how smart and accurate he was and that the rest would follow.

Trent till this day, has never thrown intermediate routes. I would like to see one highlight of Trent Edwards throwing a 20 yard crossing route, or a deep comeback or a deep slant or a deep post.

He has never done it. That to me tells me he can't play at this level. O, and the 1 or 2 times that he did actually attempt a deep post was against Tennessee last year in the pre-season game and it got picked because he over shot it horribly, the next attempt at a real NFL throw came on 2 plays in a row where Trent couldn't hit T.O. twice in a row, one on a deep comeback (threw over T.O.'s head) and the other on a deep out (at T.O.s feet). And that was his last throw cause he got pulled after that.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Blah just to save face for trent

Why even post this we know our oline is in bad shape an know our wrs are below avg

We didn't need someone to tell us this

I don't blame Trent for sucking when he has 2 secs to throw the ball or when his wr can't get open.

This is a post To be like see I don't hate brohm and (reason trent sucks is bc the team sucks)

Save face for Trent? I was referring to Brohm. If Trent sucks and Brohm does great we''ll be talking about a completely different issue tommorrow.

I loved Ingtar's post a few days ago where he said it will most likely be a mediocre fest with Trent being less sucky.

My real point is that alot of people on this site think changing the QB is going to give us some miraculous result when the issues run much, much, deeper. And by the way Evans is no superstar WR either.

mikemac2001
08-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Save face for Trent? I was referring to Brohm. If Trent sucks and Brohm does great we''ll be talking about a completely different issue tommorrow.

I loved Ingtar's post a few days ago where he said it will most likely be a mediocre fest with Trent being less sucky.

My real point is that alot of people on this site think changing the QB is going to give us some miraculous result when the issues run much, much, deeper. And by the way Evans is no superstar WR either.

no your trying to say our wr's and oline sucks and feel bad for brohm and our qb's but all you are doing is trying to spin on brohm but including edwards.

i can say what i want u can say what you want, i would just stop making stupid QB threads and it would be over with

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 10:07 AM
There is no defense for our Qbs. They aren't good. That's it.

I have seen Trent have plenty of time and throw dumb INTs, I have seen him have plenty of time and throw incompletions, I have seen Trent throw horrible throws last year to T.O. on deep comeback routes when he was wide open.

Trent does not have the skills to be an NFL QB. It's simple as that. I have been saying this for 2 years now and everyone kept on saying how smart and accurate he was and that the rest would follow.

Trent till this day, has never thrown intermediate routes. I would like to see one highlight of Trent Edwards throwing a 20 yard crossing route, or a deep comeback or a deep slant or a deep post.

He has never done it. That to me tells me he can't play at this level. O, and the 1 or 2 times that he did actually attempt a deep post was against Tennessee last year in the pre-season game and it got picked because he over shot it horribly, the next attempt at a real NFL throw came on 2 plays in a row where Trent couldn't hit T.O. twice in a row, one on a deep comeback (threw over T.O.'s head) and the other on a deep out (at T.O.s feet). And that was his last throw cause he got pulled after that.

Yes, if we had someone other than Trent Edwards we would be in the Superbowl.

This is exactly why I posted this thread. Even our new HC has stated now on more than one occassion that we have a protection issue.

I'm not saying that Edwards, Fitz, or Brohm on any other team would be pro bowlers. I'm just saying the cards are stacked against them.

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 10:56 AM

This is exactly why I posted this thread. Even our new HC has stated now on more than one occassion that we have a protection issue.

I'm not saying that Edwards, Fitz, or Brohm on any other team would be pro bowlers. I'm just saying the cards are stacked against them.
McNabb, Rodgers, Roth, Schaub, Favre, Warner have all succeeded despite having questionable protection week in and week out.

The difference is, when those guys get sacked, they come back on the next play or next series and make things happen.

Edwards does not have the skill to make things happen even if he had 10 seconds to throw.

Remember the Monday night game against Cleveland, Trent had 5 seconds to throw every down and look what he did with it. It was a very simple game plan by the Browns, sit back in the short zones and wait for the ball. And Trent obliged.

better days
08-19-2010, 11:50 AM

Last game the protection broke down & Fitz rolled right, bought some time & made a nice throw for a TD. That is the type of play I expect our QB's to make.

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Last game the protection broke down & Fitz rolled right, bought some time & made a nice throw for a TD. That is the type of play I expect our QB's to make.
Pressure is an inevitable in today's NFL. Guys like Woodley, Harrison, Ware, Freeney, Mathis, Porter, Peppers, Allen etc are impossible to block for more than 3 seconds. If you don't have a QB who can get the ball downfield using skill and quick decisions you don't win.

Many people feel Trent was broken after the Adrian Wilson hit, I think he was broken all along, and the rest of the league just figured out what he can and can't do and use it against him.

If I'm a coach watching film and notice that this QB never hits throws down the seems of the field then shutting him down is not that hard. And that spills over into the run game.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 12:11 PM
HH, you're trying to make an arguement for why Trent sucks...and this has nothing to do with Brohm. The fact is, go back to college and look at Trent's stats and success...he's never been any good! What makes you think this guy is so talented...because Bill Walsh once said he believed he would be???

JCBills
08-19-2010, 02:59 PM

GB and the Steelers have protection issues, 4,000+ passing yds a piece later, I'd say that good QBs can make a bad line look decent. Obviously there will be times when the QB can't overcome the pressure, but we'll see who can make it work.

JCBills
08-19-2010, 03:02 PM
HH, you're trying to make an arguement for why Trent sucks...and this has nothing to do with Brohm. The fact is, go back to college and look at Trent's stats and success...he's never been any good! What makes you think this guy is so talented...because Bill Walsh once said he believed he would be???

Yeah that's another thing, people get mad when others bring up Brohm's success in college with two pro systems, but all it is meant to convey is that he has at least been good at some point after high school, not operating out of a college spread.