• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

what are we going to do if....

The bills actually score 2 TD and look capable with the starting unit and brohm doesn't make a fool of himself? do we all revise the 3-13 to 13-3 or do we nitpick the colts and how they weren't trying?

I just want to be ahead of the curve.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: what are we going to do if....

I'm running to vegas and betting everything I own fro the bills to win it all.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• cpearl
      • Mar 2005

Wake up and realize we had a good dream.

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i do that every year regardless. with the 120 to 1 odds, it is a good $5 bet. you lose nothing if they don't. and you get a nice payout if they do. hey, there is a better chance that $5 ends up $600 than a $1 lotto ticket ends up a winner.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Wouldn't it be great if we actually fielded a complete team once in a while.

I'd like to see the entire starting offensive line play tonight.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by trapezeus
            The bills actually score 2 TD and look capable with the starting unit and brohm doesn't make a fool of himself? do we all revise the 3-13 to 13-3 or do we nitpick the colts and how they weren't trying?

Ahead of the curve...I can appreciate that sentiment. I will say that it is going to have to be that the Colts weren't trying. The era of optimism is gone. I tend to be optimistic, just because being a pessimist is miserable for me.

I tend to fancy myself realistic, and I would have to say if Brohm looks good tonight, there is no way for us not to contemplate his starting for this football team. I would guess that that is very close to where Chan is. I know that many think he is a moron, and that there are those that feel he has to be stupid with a southern accent. I think he is a sharp offensive mind, and that it looked like he got kicked in the crotch after the Washington game.

I would guess that there has been some time going over game-time decision making with Trent. As we all, pretty much, concur; the guy looks the part. In practice he looks good, but when there are opponents across the line of scrimmage from him, he breaks down. I really can't blame him, he has been concussed twice, and whether posters believe it or not, there is more to life that football. Trent is a smart guy, and he knows that being concussed multiple times could cause permanent damage.

I think that it was easy for him to make adjustments, gaining the top spot in the "pecking order," but after Chan saw one shot of him in a game, thought it time to reevaluate. He may not be completely through, as it was the first preseason game, which would be why TE is starting. You can't completely shatter his confidence, in case he really is the best.

Before I hear from the president of the TE Crusade, I know that Chan said put the short passes on him, and I love that. Remember when Trent would have a horrible game? How could you forget? Well in the presser, Jauron would always say things like "You'll have to ask Trent." This, more than any of his chicken **** decisions, turned me on him. You are the coach...be accountable, don't throw a young QB to the wolves, regardless of fault, which I think Jauron never accepted his share. He was the coward that never made a gutsy call.

Regardless of where it puts me with all of the detractors, I am still pulling for Brohm.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
              Before I hear from the president of the TE Crusade, I know that Chan said put the short passes on him, and I love that.
              IMO, that's coaches speak.

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
              Well in the presser, Jauron would always say things like "You'll have to ask Trent." This, more than any of his chicken **** decisions, turned me on him. You are the coach...be accountable, don't throw a young QB to the wolves, regardless of fault, which I think Jauron never accepted his share. He was the coward that never made a gutsy call.
              As much as I hated Dick, he did at times accept fault during pressers. Although he did throw Trent under the bus at one point saying that Trent should pull the trigger...... his insisting on keeping Trent as the starting QB said a whole lot especially after Fewell and AVP benched Trent as soon as Dick was fired.
              Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-19-2010, 10:42 AM.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• dasaybz
                • Apr 2005

I think people totally freaked out last week because this team looked exactly like it did last year.

Hopefully by this game, or the next one, we'll be seeing some progress.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

i do that every year regardless. with the 120 to 1 odds, it is a good $5 bet. you lose nothing if they don't. and you get a nice payout if they do. hey, there is a better chance that $5 ends up $600 than a $1 lotto ticket ends up a winner.

you're better off getting 5 $1 scratch tickets.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mahdi
                    • Mar 2004

Is Brohm even going to get a fair crack? That is the question... Is Brohm going to be playing with the back up OL and 2nd string receivers? If so then this QB competition won't be fair.

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

It's only the preseason and the Colts didn't have all their starters on the field.

D & S Sports

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Think thats good to see and hope to see it again next week and the week thereafter.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

I revise back to 6-10

Comment

• wmoz11
                            • Sep 2008

Remember in 2008 when our starters throttled the Steelers' starters? Those were good times. Too bad it ended up not meaning anything.

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

in seriousness, i am of the opinion that if you aren't gameplanning for a team, you aren't really playing. As a result, i think you are just trying out things..and yes, you can get it right and look good, or you can look bad.

Over the 4 games we'll knkow what we have. but game to game, it'll be hard to decipher.

for example, the colts really don't have to do anything but try out backups and rest starters. they already have their chemistry set, and they don't need this at all. a team like the redskins, need to play their starters more etc and probably look better durin gthe preseason but that's no comment on their regular season viability.

Comment

Working...
                              X