PDA

View Full Version : Double Dip recession or double dip crappy season

trapezeus
08-19-2010, 11:00 AM
People are starting to worry about a double dip recession. I'm more worried about the toll of a double dip crappy season will have for me. through the OTA's and the training camp, i had this feeling like, "maybe we are better. this has been a horrific stretch of football that would make the weimar republic look like a strong, fundamentally sound leadership group.

the fact the team still takes the stupid penalty to kill a drive suggests that these idiots haven't learned anything.

the fact that we still have injuries to key players makes me worried.

What are the other things that you see that make you worried that this will be more of the same old?

ddaryl
08-19-2010, 11:03 AM
football is irrelevant when you place it next to the economy, the country, the world, and the obvious pain so many are living through

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 11:08 AM
football is irrelevant when you place it next to the economy, the country, the world, and the obvious pain so many are living through

I agree with this but football is also a release from the same issues.

trapezeus
08-19-2010, 11:10 AM
football is a release when it doesn't follow the exact same crappiness.

i have more faith that the economy will turn around because at the end, it just has to. however, the bills never have to return to being good ever again.

that depresses the crap out of me.

Hogwasher
08-19-2010, 12:43 PM
As a trained economist, I believe that in the long run the fate of the economy is controlled solely by government policy. As the size and scope of government continues to grow, the economic growth will be reduced. I do not expect a recovery, nor do I believe any of the economic data that will show a recovery. It is falsified propaganda.

I have a great deal more faith in Chan Gailey than in the United States government, which is to say not too much.