PDA

View Full Version : Sage Rosenfels

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM
There is a rumor that Sage may be available for trade. His salary is not too bad I think they said it is 3 mil or something. I think he can be a solid Qb option for us. He moves well and has a good arm.

This year he could be our #1 and if he doesn't do well enough then he backs up our future #1 overall choice in April.

psubills62
08-19-2010, 02:47 PM
He's inconsistent, but still 10x better than what we have. I wouldn't mind trading for him, as long as it doesn't cost too much. Rumors are also out there that Kellen Clemens is available. I'd personally rather have Rosenfels.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 02:49 PM
What about Sage Rosenfels journeymen NFL career makes you think he'd be an upgrade exactly?

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
no thanks. Not gonna happen either.

Bills are most likely finding their future back up in one of the qb's we already have. Most likely it's Levi. I'd rather give him the snaps than someone like Sage who won't be in the long run anyways.

trapezeus
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
i hope he throws off his back better than the other 3 guys. i'll wait until the next draft. and i still expect edwards, brohm, fitz or brown to be the guy who takes the punishment for the following year.

Night Train
08-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Just play Brohm & Brown gets ready if he tanks.

Trentative & Fitznoodle have already tanked.

Beebe's Kid
08-19-2010, 03:33 PM
What about Sage Rosenfels journeymen NFL career makes you think he'd be an upgrade exactly?

I love these questions. How about his line from the first preseason game?

23-34, 310 yds 3 TDs

Before you say "It was the Rams, it was the preseason, it was Minnesota, it was third stringers" and on and on. I would be willing to bet that Trent would NEVER give you those numbers. Identical situation, you would not get that from Trent.

I know that all of the posters know the truth about Brohm, they have broken down all of the tape on him, and know his "motion" and aren't just regurgitating what they heard from Gailey about his accuracy, or what they know was the true situation in GB, but I've never had a good look at him in a game. I am excited to see him. He looked way more like a QB than the other two in Atl...flame on and give me his stat line, but to the eye, this guy looks like a QB.

He may not be the answer, nor would SR, but we don't know that. We do know that Trent falls apart come game time. So to ask the same sort of ridiculous question: What about Sage Rosenfels journeymen NFL career makes you think he wouldn't be an upgrade exactly?

ddaryl
08-19-2010, 03:41 PM
it's painfully too late to bring in a QB.. training camp is pretty much over with

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
i would much rather see sage rosenfels than trent edwards behind the line......

Forward_Lateral
08-19-2010, 03:49 PM
You'd have to bring in a QB who knows Chan's offense, IE Thigpen. It's too late now, especially to get another career backup.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I love these questions. How about his line from the first preseason game?

23-34, 310 yds 3 TDs

Before you say "It was the Rams, it was the preseason, it was Minnesota, it was third stringers" and on and on. I would be willing to bet that Trent would NEVER give you those numbers. Identical situation, you would not get that from Trent.

I know that all of the posters know the truth about Brohm, they have broken down all of the tape on him, and know his "motion" and aren't just regurgitating what they heard from Gailey about his accuracy, or what they know was the true situation in GB, but I've never had a good look at him in a game. I am excited to see him. He looked way more like a QB than the other two in Atl...flame on and give me his stat line, but to the eye, this guy looks like a QB.

He may not be the answer, nor would SR, but we don't know that. We do know that Trent falls apart come game time. So to ask the same sort of ridiculous question: What about Sage Rosenfels journeymen NFL career makes you think he wouldn't be an upgrade exactly?

Kyle Boller and Jim Sorgi both put up good numbers vs a 3rd string defense this past week 2. Why don't we go get them as well?

The point is every week you'll find some guy who lights up a 3rd string defense, does that mean every week there will be a new thread saying we should get that guy?

Also we already know what Sage will do. A whole lot of nothing. Miami got rid of him. Houston got rid of him. After that what job did he land in the NFL? A third string job on a team where he's never gonna sniff a regular season snap.

But you're right, we definitely should get him and he'd definitely be an upgrade to what exactly, I'm not sure.

We should also go out and get Victor Cruz to play WR when the Giants likely cut him. 6 catches 145 yards 3 TDs. We can make him the number 1 WR. Why? Because we know Lee Evans can't put up a one game line like that!

Demon
08-19-2010, 04:05 PM

C'mon man, let's be real for one second. I don't think the guy who started the thread is calling Rosenfels a super star, nor was he saying that he would come in here like Jim Kelly came and take over the city and turn us into super bowl contending team. He's saying, that it'd be an upgrade over our UFL quality QBs and i honestly don't see how anyone could argue against that. Rosenfels is tough and can throw the ball. I still wouldn't expect much wins here no matter who's at QB but he would be an upgrade over what we have.

trapezeus
08-19-2010, 04:06 PM
but he's not good enough to give anything up for. especially when you might feel that the reason all three suck is because the line can't pass block very well.

let these jokers take the punishment as they try to fix the line this year. it gives next years guy a better shot of staying healthy.

Demon
08-19-2010, 04:15 PM
We should also go out and get Victor Cruz to play WR when the Giants likely cut him. 6 catches 145 yards 3 TDs. We can make him the number 1 WR. Why? Because we know Lee Evans can't put up a one game line like that!

Cruz isn't getting cut and what exactly has Steve Johnson done in his career that Cruz hasn't to earn a #2 spot.

Thief
08-19-2010, 04:26 PM
If we got Sage at least we would have a backup rather than 4 third stringers.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Cruz isn't getting cut and what exactly has Steve Johnson done in his career that Cruz hasn't to earn a #2 spot.

How many WRs do you think the Giants are gonna carry?

They have Manningham, Nicks, Hixon, Hagen, Smith, Moss and another Rookie they are high on in Duke Calhoun. I know Hixon is on IR right now, but are the Giants gonna carry 7 WRs?

And Johnson hasn't had a 3 TD preseason game!

I mean, after all, the whole basis of this thread is we sign Rosenfels based on one preseason game.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 05:29 PM
If we got Sage at least we would have a backup rather than 4 third stringers.

That's why Sage is a third stringer right now, right?

Mahdi
08-19-2010, 06:24 PM
How many WRs do you think the Giants are gonna carry?

They have Manningham, Nicks, Hixon, Hagen, Smith, Moss and another Rookie they are high on in Duke Calhoun. I know Hixon is on IR right now, but are the Giants gonna carry 7 WRs?

And Johnson hasn't had a 3 TD preseason game!

I mean, after all, the whole basis of this thread is we sign Rosenfels based on one preseason game.
There has already been talk that Moss could get cut this year because of the other talent they have.

Buffalogic
08-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I'd rather get thigpen. He's already had success with Gailey.