PDA

View Full Version : Brian Brohm should start the next game..

hdeep9213
08-19-2010, 07:54 PM
I think we should give him a chance with the starters..he gets the ball out of his hands and does not hestitate to throw..hes has a solid arm and looks like it has some zip...i would like to see him against a starting Def....

BillsWin
08-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Naw. He has looked sharp, but Edwards had a pretty good game. I'd say Trent earned another start but Brohm has moved the offense well. Better than Fitz. Fitz's days may be numbered.

psubills62
08-19-2010, 08:08 PM
No, Edwards is the top guy right now, and the starter for the season ALWAYS starts the 3rd preseason game. It will be Edwards, though whoever follows him in the 3rd preseason game will be a sign as to who will end up being the #2.

msfdurango
08-19-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm all for it. Edwards has had good games in the past, problem is he's not consistent.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-19-2010, 08:11 PM
Trent is our starter. We know this. Brohm has potential but doesn't give us best chance to win.

trapezeus
08-19-2010, 08:16 PM
with the new offense, if gailey is leaning towards edwards, he should stick with him so the most kinks are worked out by week 1.

if he thinks brohm could be the starter, then make the switch...

SquishDaFish
08-19-2010, 08:33 PM
We now know our top 2 plain and simple. Whomever starts starts IMO. We prob arent going to do anything this year anyway.

Night Train
08-19-2010, 08:49 PM
Week 3 is the game to get the starters work well into the 3rd quarter, with a shorter stint in the last pre-season game.

It's not happening.

Joe Fo Sho
08-19-2010, 08:55 PM
Trent is our starter. We know this. Brohm has potential but doesn't give us best chance to win.

Why not?

Extremebillsfan247
08-19-2010, 09:41 PM
I really liked what I saw out of Brohm tonight, and I've been trying to be in this guys corner but we already know Trent is the starting QB of this team. Tonight solidified that. Now its all a matter of who was the better QB between Brohm this week and Fitzpatrick last week. In my opinion, it looked pretty even. Gailey has a tough choice to make on who his 2nd QB is going to be. JMO

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM
I really liked what I saw out of Brohm tonight, and I've been trying to be in this guys corner but we already know Trent is the starting QB of this team. Tonight solidified that. Now its all a matter of who was the better QB between Brohm this week and Fitzpatrick last week. In my opinion, it looked pretty even. Gailey has a tough choice to make on who his 2nd QB is going to be. JMO

Great realistic post. I agree that it is a toss up for #2 but i think Gaily will pick the vet.

justasportsfan
08-19-2010, 10:30 PM
you can see a huge difference between Brohms throws from TE's and Fitz's. Lots of velocity and very decisive. Even when he dinks and dunks, receivers have time to run for more yards because the ball gets there faster.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Great realistic post. I agree that it is a toss up for #2 but i think Gaily will pick the vet.

Picking the vet to be a backup on a team that is rebuilding and most likely not going to do anything this year is plain stupid. There is nothing logical about that statement or that idea. For a rebuilding team, you always want the most potential on your team...you don't need guys who can hold down the fort. What the hell is that good for? Holding down the fort on a 4-12 teams makes no sense.

BillsWin
08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
you can see a huge difference between Brohms throws from TE's and Fitz's. Lots of velocity and very decisive. Even when he dinks and dunks, receivers have time to run for more yards because the ball gets there faster.

That's true. I liked the zip on the balls he threw. He also got them out of his hand quick, with authority.

The way I see it, is if he started throwing TDs against real competition and consistently moved the chains like he did tonight, he'd probably be starting. Like Gailey said, his only weakness is consistent accuracy. He showed flashes of ability, but Edwards is still "the guy" until he gets hurt or Brohm proves otherwise.