PDA

View Full Version : Edwards/Evans vs Brohm/Jackson

YardRat
08-19-2010, 08:01 PM
Brohm's throw to Jackson on third down at the sideline over the defender was a better pass than the TD, IMO. Nice catch by Jackson, also.

Fitz is a goner.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Brohm's throw to Jackson on third down at the sideline over the defender was a better pass than the TD, IMO. Nice catch by Jackson, also.

Fitz is a goner.

Meh. Could be.

Fitz is still a smarter QB who fills a number role well.

I keep saying this - he did something right last year.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Fitzis donesky

psubills62
08-19-2010, 08:05 PM

Fitz is a goner.

Edwards was very inconsistent, though showed flashes that I hope continue into the regular season. Brohm was more consistent after the first couple of bad plays. Hopefully he can build some more sustained drives in the 2nd half. Brohm's gotten a little more help from his OL, too, it seems, though Edwards got a lot more help from the running game.

Brohm's pass to Jackson was very good, and it was a superb catch. If Steve Johnson had made the catch down the sidelines from Edwards, that would have been very similar, imo.

BillsWin
08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Brohm ran the offense well. Let's see if he can score in the third. As far as I'm concerned Bills won the game 21-14. Starters now out. Time to scout the youngins.

As for the throws, I think both were impressive.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Fitzpatrick lit up backup Colt players last year and lead scoring drives against the Colt starters.

Don't get too excited about Brohm thus far.

Fitz last year vs Colts...16/25 155 3 TDs

YardRat
08-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Edwards was very inconsistent, though showed flashes that I hope continue into the regular season. Brohm was more consistent after the first couple of bad plays. Hopefully he can build some more sustained drives in the 2nd half. Brohm's gotten a little more help from his OL, too, it seems, though Edwards got a lot more help from the running game.

Brohm's pass to Jackson was very good, and it was a superb catch. If Steve Johnson had made the catch down the sidelines from Edwards, that would have been very similar, imo.

That was a good throw by Trent also.

Johnson has been less than impressive, IMO...

BuffaloBlitz83
08-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Fitzpatrick lit up backup Colt players last year and lead scoring drives against the Colt starters.

Don't get too excited about Brohm thus far.

Fitz last year vs Colts...16/25 155 3 TDs

It was like a blizzard, guys were slipping. Fitz looked stellar in the other games like that jet classic win.

JCBills
08-19-2010, 09:51 PM

Fitz is a goner.

Take away Lee Evans beating everyone by 10 yds and Trent passed for 23 yds on 4 completions in 7 attempts. IMO, Trent's throw wasn't anything special, it just had to be deep enough and able to be adjusted to.

JCBills
08-19-2010, 09:52 PM
That was a good throw by Trent also.

Johnson has been less than impressive, IMO...

If it's the missed chance I'm thinking of, that should have been a penalty on the DB.

JCBills
08-19-2010, 09:53 PM

I think the OL think kinda went both ways tonight. Brohm was making quick reads and throws, eliminating the pressure.

psubills62
08-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I think the OL think kinda went both ways tonight. Brohm was making quick reads and throws, eliminating the pressure.

Agreed. Brohm didn't really hold onto the ball long enough to see how pressured he was. I loved the quick reads and throws. As Gailey mentioned, he knows how to read a defense. Something that's been severely lacking in Buffalo the last ?? number of years.