PDA

View Full Version : Brohm is most likely to get cut.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry, but I still think he's getting cut. He's certainly not overtaking Edwards.

DBrown77
08-19-2010, 09:12 PM
I disagree

SquishDaFish
Put down the crackpipe bro. He is not getting cut. fitz is the odd man out after tonight. Edwards looked decent and Brohm has looked awesome. Get over it already

trapezeus
he was with the second unit and held his own. his performance looked no different than edwards. i was happy to see his performance. i expected worse.

better days
08-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Sorry, but I still think he's getting cut. He's certainly not overtaking Edwards.
Wow, just wow.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 09:13 PM
I don't even think he's overtaking Fitzpatrick.

Fitz looked OK last week when the entire team looked like it didn't care what they were doing. And Brohm looks OK this week when the team shows up and cares.

jmb1099
08-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I would have felt better had he scored a td but he looked decent.

Dr. Lecter
08-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Fitz 60% stay
Brohm 40% stay

SABURZFAN
08-19-2010, 09:24 PM
i think it's too early to tell.

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2010, 09:25 PM

you're insane. he looked 5x better than fitzpatrick.

jmb1099
Weird I could have sworn I heard that exact same thing from tasker and bentley. Problem is though they gave brohm lots of props. Now why might you not have mentioned that?

Fitz looked OK last week when the entire team looked like it didn't care what they were doing. And Brohm looks OK this week when the team shows up and cares.

mikemac2001
Trent looked good happy for that but hebhad one big pass and spiller big run

Now to brohm

Every snap was low it was annoying to watch
Seemed like every drive had a penalty or two (overcame alot of them)
His o line obviously wasn't giving him as much time our oline sucks and our backups r worse

Overall I thought Edwards is our number 1 but brohm is not and should not get cut he should be our number two

Hh you r so in love with Trent it's so obvious most bias person on here you will be back on the block list tomorrow

wmoz11
Not sure what about this game lead you to this assumption. He may end up getting cut, but it's not because of anything he did tonight or Fitzpatrick did last week.

DBrown77

Fitz looked OK last week when the entire team looked like it didn't care what they were doing. And Brohm looks OK this week when the team shows up and cares.Thanks Steve Tasker

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:26 PM
Did you hear Tasker's comments about what Gailey said?

YardRat
I think it's toss-up. Neither really did anything to distance themselves from the other thus far, so it's going to come down to next week and the practices.

I have to admit I'm rooting for Brohm, though.

Novacane
And you wonder why people say you have a man crush on Edwards :rolleyes: Drop it dude. We got it that you hate Brohm months ago.

BillsWin
I disagree HH. I thought I saw more fundamental and poise-wise in Brohm than Fitzpatrick. Fitz consistently threw it at the feet or over the head of his receivers last weekend. His play was downright ugly for his first few series. In fact, that TD and the two plays before it were his only bright spots. Brohm had some good passes consistently all night. I would have loved to see him score, but meh? I'm not angry or happy with the performance. I still think he was better than Fitz.

I was prepared to rip into Brohm if he sucked, but I can't find much wrong with what he did. I think Gailey was spot on when he said Brohm's first half was real "clean" with really no mistakes.

Edwards played very well today. I was happy with him taking shots down field. He looked more comfortable in the pocket. I think that has a lot to do with Bell, Wood and Green being back.

I think as of right now and going into the season, the depth chart is set.

1. Edwards
2. Brohm
3. Brown

Fitz is the odd man out. Sorry Fitz, I like you a lot brother. But, oh well.

Mr. Pink
08-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks Steve Tasker

I missed that comment, I turned the game off once it went to third stringers.

I said something Tasker said? Ugh. I can't stand him as an announcer.

jmb1099
08-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Nice try lol

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:34 PM
I didn't say Brohm sucked. I'm just saying that I doubt Gailey saw anything that would make him cut Fitzpatrick and keep Brohm.

I think Gailey is old school and is going to pick the guy that he feels gives hm the best upside even at #2.

DBrown77
08-19-2010, 09:35 PM

Tasker was horrible tonight

tampabay25690
08-19-2010, 09:36 PM
Fitz 60% stay
Brohm 40% stay

I think it's the other way around..

Philagape
08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
It's hard to get excited over any of them when they're running an Atari offense.
(notice I didn't use the banned word)

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 09:38 PM
i think it's too early to tell.

Yeah, but ask the geniuses...they know everything.

psubills62
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM
I didn't say Brohm sucked. I'm just saying that I doubt Gailey saw anything that would make him cut Fitzpatrick and keep Brohm.

I think Gailey is old school and is going to pick the guy that he feels gives hm the best upside even at #2.

Best upside? Since when does Fitzpatrick have any upside? Your reasoning would lead me directly to Brohm. I think we've seen all that Fitzpatrick has to offer. He'll give you two games a year over 200 yards, but everything else is about 5 YPA, total of 150 yards and about 1:1 or lower TD:INT ratio.

Brohm didn't look great tonight, definitely has his flaws, but I saw some upside if he is called upon to be the starter. The receivers haven't exactly helped any of the QB's out, to be completely honest.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 09:39 PM

Brohm = More upside/Potential

Fitz = Garbage/Mediocre

That's what I see out there...not sure what you guys are watching.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Best upside? Since when does Fitzpatrick have any upside? Your reasoning would lead me directly to Brohm. I think we've seen all that Fitzpatrick has to offer. He'll give you two games a year over 200 yards, but everything else is about 5 YPA, total of 150 yards and about 1:1 or lower TD:INT ratio.

Brohm didn't look great tonight, definitely has his flaws, but I saw some upside if he is called upon to be the starter. The receivers haven't exactly helped any of the QB's out, to be completely honest.

Man, you posted this exactly as I posted my response. I'm glad somebody else is seeing the things I'm seeing from these two QB's.

rcd333
08-19-2010, 09:45 PM
First thread: Brohm is most likely to get cut
next thread down: Brohm should start the next game

nice

Goobylal
08-19-2010, 09:46 PM
LOL @ the subject of this thread! Brohm should be starting. Talking about cutting him is the height of silliness since Trent's performance last week is still too fresh in my mind. But tonight's performance probably gets Trent the starting gig, unless he blows chunks next week.

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:46 PM

Okay, but when Gailey cuts Brohm are you still going to be *****ing?!

I think you guys are confused on what the duties are of the backup QB. The coach doesn't care if you guys are hoping that he challenges Edwards. It's to win a few games if the starter goes down.

Ginger Vitis
08-19-2010, 09:47 PM

lol.. Calling Levi Brown.."Travis Brown" was classic

HHURRICANE
08-19-2010, 09:50 PM
LOL @ the subject of this thread! Brohm should be starting. Talking about cutting him is the height of silliness. Trent's performance last week is still too fresh in my mind. But tonight's performance probably gets Trent the starting gig, unless he blows chunks next week.

Your right that's why Gailey said this might be Brohm's last chance. Because he should be the starter.

The funny part is that I hate Fitzpatrick. I would have loved to see more out of Brohm tonight. He certainly had one of his better perfromances but in the end I think it's too little, too late.

more cowbell
08-19-2010, 09:55 PM

loved tasker as a player, but he is the absolute worst broadcaster in professional sports

BertSquirtgum
08-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Your right that's why Gailey said this might be Brohm's last chance. Because he should be the starter.

The funny part is that I hate Fitzpatrick. I would have loved to see more out of Brohm tonight. He certainly had one of his better perfromances but in the end I think it's too little, too late.

too little too late? what are you talking about? this is the first time he's had a real shot here in buffalo. i don't think he is our savior by all means but what you just said is crap.

Goobylal
08-19-2010, 09:57 PM

When/where did Gailey say "this might be Brohms last chance?" And put Brohm with the starters and see what happens.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 09:58 PM

I think you guys are confused on what the duties are of the backup QB. The coach doesn't care if you guys are hoping that he challenges Edwards. It's to win a few games if the starter goes down.

No HH, you're missing the point. Everybody, including Chan Gailey, knows that Trent is not the answer at QB, so they will want somebody with upside/potential who they can groom in the system to hopefully take over for Trent if/when he fails. They know that Brown isn't ready and they know that they have nothing in Fitz. If they cut Brohm and keep Fitz, then I will officially think Gailey is on crack.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 09:58 PM
loved tasker as a player, but he is the absolute worst broadcaster in professional sports

Bentley is not much better...

Extremebillsfan247
08-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Sorry, but I still think he's getting cut. He's certainly not overtaking Edwards. You are right about him not overtaking Edwards. Edwards will be the starting QB. Tonight just about made that official. I don't really know if Brohm does get cut here though. It's a battle right now between Brohm and Fitz, and I have to be honest here, its pretty darn close. As I said in another post, Gailey is going to have a tough decision to make between Brohm and Fitzpatrick. JMO

psubills62
08-19-2010, 10:01 PM

I liked what I saw out of Brohm, and if he consistently plays that way during the preseason, I don't think he'll be cut.

If Brohm continues to play this way and Gailey does cut Brohm, I won't be too happy about it. However, it won't matter if Edwards can manage (please) to start all 16 games.

better days
08-19-2010, 10:02 PM

WOW, you must really feel threatened that Brohm will overtake your boy. If Trent is the starter, then "if the starter goes down" should be changed to "WHEN the starter goes down".

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I liked what I saw out of Brohm, and if he consistently plays that way during the preseason, I don't think he'll be cut.

If Brohm continues to play this way and Gailey does cut Brohm, I won't be too happy about it. However, it won't matter if Edwards can manage (please) to start all 16 games.

That's all I'm looking for right now...I want Brohm on this team instead of Fitz. I see absolutely zero logical reason to keep Fitz over Brohm. I'd just like to know that if Trent doesn't get it done or gets hurt, then we have a chance at watching a QB with some upside...Fitz doesn't have that.

psubills62
08-19-2010, 10:06 PM
That's all I'm looking for right now...I want Brohm on this team instead of Fitz. I see absolutely zero logical reason to keep Fitz over Brohm. I'd just like to know that if Trent doesn't get it done or gets hurt, then we have a chance at watching QB with some upside...Fitz doesn't have that.

Exactly. Brohm looked efficient at running an offense. To be honest, I'd like to see Brohm with the first team receivers instead of guys like Jones and Jackson. Hit Evans on one of those slants and he won't just stop like Roosevelt did.

Nighthawk
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Exactly. Brohm looked efficient at running an offense. To be honest, I'd like to see Brohm with the first team receivers instead of guys like Jones and Jackson. Hit Evans on one of those slants and he won't just stop like Roosevelt did.

I think Jackson will end up the #2 WR on this team...he's really been impressive.

better days
08-19-2010, 10:10 PM
That's all I'm looking for right now...I want Brohm on this team instead of Fitz. I see absolutely zero logical reason to keep Fitz over Brohm. I'd just like to know that if Trent doesn't get it done or gets hurt, then we have a chance at watching QB with some upside...Fitz doesn't have that.

I think Fitz could make a good coach. He is smart & you know what they say "Those that can.........do, Those that can't.......teach".

Mad Max
08-19-2010, 10:13 PM

Whoa take it easy there fella, thems some strong sentiments when you got Joe "my leg hurts" Theismann, and Dan Dierdork out soiling the airwaves.

(and isn't Matt Millen back in broadcasting? :teary: )

Mad Max
08-19-2010, 10:18 PM

Not quite sure what zonebux are, but if you want a chance at all of mine on this subject let me know.

JCBills
08-19-2010, 10:54 PM

That award goes to Theismann.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 12:43 AM
No HH, you're missing the point. Everybody, including Chan Gailey, knows that Trent is not the answer at QB, so they will want somebody with upside/potential who they can groom in the system to hopefully take over for Trent if/when he fails. They know that Brown isn't ready and they know that they have nothing in Fitz. If they cut Brohm and keep Fitz, then I will officially think Gailey is on crack.

couldn't agree with you more - Rob Johnson looked like the second coming of John Elway in practice, but looked like... Well, Rob Johnson during the real thing.

Gailey, give Brohm a chance with the starters next week and see what he does - 3 series for Trent, and 3 for Brohm then decide - Fitz, good luck with your career elsewhere.

NextbillsQB
08-20-2010, 02:06 AM

Jackson should be with the starters

Spiderweb
08-20-2010, 03:26 AM

....and you somehow believe that "upside" belongs to Fitzputrid?

don137
08-20-2010, 06:09 AM
Why is Levi Brown a guarantee to make the team? Every team seems to have a Levi Brown on their team. Unless I missed something that said Brown will be the 3rd stringer I feel Brohm and Fitzgerald will both make the team and Brown will be on the practice squad.

ddaryl
08-20-2010, 07:18 AM
If Fitz stays over Brohm I'll crucify Nix

BillyT92679
08-20-2010, 07:24 AM
Why is Levi Brown a guarantee to make the team? Every team seems to have a Levi Brown on their team. Unless I missed something that said Brown will be the 3rd stringer I feel Brohm and Fitzgerald will both make the team and Brown will be on the practice squad.
Even Tasker admitted last night that Levi was the clipboard guy (3rd Stringer) and the competition between Fitz and Brohm was musical chairs... the guy still standing when the music stops is out. Makes sense, this regime drafted Levi, they LOOOVE his potential, and they have a feeling that if Levi gets PSed some team will raid our squad just like we did with Brohm.

I don't see either Fitz or Brohm being your scout team quarterback. Fitz makes too much money to be a 3 and Brohm doesn't quite fit the mold of a 3 (either a developmental player like Levi, or a wizened old journeyman like an AVP type)

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2010, 07:24 AM
It is difficult to get 4 QBs practice time during the regular season.

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2010, 07:26 AM
If Fitz stays over Brohm I'll crucify Nix
Fitz very well be a beter fit as a #2 than Brohm. He is smart and experienced, two crucial factors in a #2 QB.

I am not sure of why Fitz gets all the hate he does here. He is not the most talented guy, but plays a smart game.

ddaryl
08-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Fitz very well be a beter fit as a #2 than Brohm. He is smart and experienced, two crucial factors in a #2 QB.

I am not sure of why Fitz gets all the hate he does here. He is not the most talented guy, but plays a smart game.

I HATE Fitz.. I just do. His play has never gotten me excited even a little bit.

I would rather suffer with a player who could get better then to keep a player who is never going to get better

Goobylal
08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Not quite sure what zonebux are, but if you want a chance at all of mine on this subject let me know.
I'll get in on that action (against HH).

Night Train
08-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Brohm clearly looks like the #2 to me.

Fitznoodle should be cut. He makes too much $$ and despite the lack of the cap, no owner overpays if he can help it.

don137
08-20-2010, 10:17 AM
It is difficult to get 4 QBs practice time during the regular season.
Maybe I am wrong but I actually thought it was not uncommon for teams to have a QB on the practice squad. I know Carolina always has a QB on the practice squad and this year I could see them doing it again with Pike the QB out of Cincinnati.

trapezeus
08-20-2010, 10:29 AM
i just don't knkow how anyone could have a "favorite" of these 4 qbs. they are all just placeholders until a real, chosen one can be selected.

i don't hate any of these guys, i don't really think any of these guys are going to be game changers. my optimism on trent has since faded. i still think he has backup capability in him because he's smart, he can play decently for a game or 2.

Same thing is true about fitz except he's not injury prone.

brohm, i still don't know a ton about. he looked to fit the mold of the other two.

Levi is a baby and needs a lot of time. he's the only one chosen by this regime. i don't think they're taking someone else's garbage over him.

Historian
08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Van Fitzpatrick is done here.

RockStar36
08-20-2010, 10:39 AM
I'd like to think Fitz is the odd man out, but they might want a veteran backup over Brohm, who had basically no experience.

But judging just on watching both, I'd rather have Brohm.

Brown has done nothing for me, but I don't see him getting cut since this staff drafted him in the first place.

HHURRICANE
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Let's throw logic completely out the window.

I'm pretty sure that Gailey told Tasker before the game that this was Brohm's last shot.

Tasker isn't known as a liar so he obvioulsy got it from the horses mouth.

Did Brohm do enough to make the roster? Not too sure. I certainly know he didn't do enough to be the starter so anybody beliveing differently is just embarrassing themselves.

jmb1099
08-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Let's throw logic completely out the window.

I'm pretty sure that Gailey told Tasker before the game that this was Brohm's last shot.

Tasker isn't known as a liar so he obvioulsy got it from the horses mouth.

Did Brohm do enough to make the roster? Not too sure. I certainly know he didn't do enough to be the starter so anybody beliveing differently is just embarrassing themselves.
Anyone starting a thread stating they know Brohm is getting cut after last nights performance may be embarrassing themselves as well.

Mr. Pink
08-20-2010, 08:12 PM
Who do you keep with performances being equal?

A smart guy who understands the game and adds veteran leadership or a young guy who's shown he's not mentally tough but may have some potential?

That's the basic question in determining who to keep as the number 2.

jmb1099
08-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Who do you keep with performances being equal?

A smart guy who understands the game and adds veteran leadership or a young guy who's shown he's not mentally tough but may have some potential?

That's the basic question in determining who to keep as the number 2.
Nice slant steve.

The performances were not equal, at least not in the minds of most. You could have argued that he looked good once and made the case for it being a fluke. But the performances were not equal.

Mr. Pink
08-20-2010, 08:26 PM
Nice slant steve.

The performances were not equal, at least not in the minds of most. You could have argued that he looked good once and made the case for it being a fluke. But the performances were not equal.

You're right, technically...

Fitzpatrick lit up Colt first stringers and second stringers last year in basically what was a preseason game to them.

jmb1099
08-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Last year? Really? Grasping, really grasping.

Fitzpatrick lit up Colt first stringers and second stringers last year in basically what was a preseason game to them.

PromoTheRobot
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I finally got to sit down with my HD Tivo of the game. Brohm looked pretty frickin' good. He's not getting cut. I think Fitz is a great guy but he may be done as a Bill.

PTR

better days
08-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I'd like to think Fitz is the odd man out, but they might want a veteran backup over Brohm, who had basically no experience.

But judging just on watching both, I'd rather have Brohm.

Brown has done nothing for me, but I don't see him getting cut since this staff drafted him in the first place.

It isn't like this is a playoff team that needs an experienced vet backup to keep things going for a playoff run if the starter goes down.

TigerJ
08-20-2010, 10:39 PM
The Bills have surprised all of us before on who the keep and who they cut. However. having given Fitzpatrick all the chances in the world to perform and win the backup job, my understanding is that he has been pretty disappointing all through training camp. If experience is not leading to better performance on the field, one has to wonder if Fitzpatrick's advantage in experience is worth a wad of used toilet paper. I'd certainly like to see Brohm beat out Fitzpatrick. Are you listening Chan?

Thief
08-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Lets see...... The youger guy outplayed the older guy. He looks better. He handled the blitz better. He was more accurate. He threw into tighter windows. He didn't throw into the dirt. He has more arm strength. Oh, and the young guy has a much bigger upside.

I really don't see how everyone doesn't have Brohm ahead at this point.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 11:40 PM

Since when does 155 yards passing qualify as "lit up"?

Great, so he piled up 3 TD's against the Colts backups to raise his year-to-date TD:INT ratio to 0.9 instead of 0.6. I'm so excited.

BertSquirtgum
08-21-2010, 12:07 AM

wow, just wow.

ChristopherWalken
08-21-2010, 08:10 AM
I didn't bother reading this whole thread, and I'm certain that its been said...but in case not:

Brohm has proven thus far that he has far more to offer than Fitzpatrick.

Throw in the fact that he is 3 years younger than Fitz, Fitz is schedule to earn 2.3 million this year and another 2.8 million next year (versus the 470K Brohm is due to make) then i am of the opinion that Fitz gets shown the door.

Philagape
08-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I didn't bother reading this whole thread, and I'm certain that its been said...but in case not:

Except a touchdown, so far.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2010, 10:06 AM

Throw in the fact that he is 3 years younger than Fitz, Fitz is schedule to earn 2.3 million this year and another 2.8 million next year (versus the 470K Brohm is due to make) then i am of the opinion that Fitz gets shown the door.

I actually agree that the $$$ maybe the deciding factor. Matter-of-fact I probably grossly underestimated this. If there really is a 2 million dollar savings than yes Fitzpatrick is most likely seeing the door.

We'll know in the next day or so.

SquishDaFish
08-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Just got done rewatching the game on nflnetwork hd and I must say Brohm looked damn good. Along with the rest of the team except a few Lankster cough cough

HHURRICANE
08-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Just got done rewatching the game on nflnetwork hd and I must say Brohm looked damn good. Along with the rest of the team except a few Lankster cough cough

See the one thing I do is watch alot of football. None of the QB's have looked "damn good". Edwards had a QB rating of 144 and didn't look "damn good".

I wonder if you guys watch the NFL or just the Bills. The Bills looked better than week 1, not great.

better days
08-21-2010, 11:17 AM
See the one thing I do is watch alot of football. None of the QB's have looked "damn good". Edwards had a QB rating of 144 and didn't look "damn good".

I wonder if you guys watch the NFL or just the Bills. The Bills looked better than week 1, not great.

They may not have looked great against the Colts, but in comparison to week one it was a GREAT improvement.

Even your boy Trent looked good, of course it was against cover2 not 3-4.

PromoTheRobot
08-21-2010, 11:18 AM
There is no comparison on the throwing motions of Trent and Brohm. Brohm's passes are crisp and thrown with authority. That's gotta count for something.

PTR

JCBills
08-21-2010, 11:21 AM

Take away Lee beating the world, and TE's QB rating was 63.4.

Take away the 26 yd completion to Jackson and BB's QB rating was 76.9

If we even out the sample sizes by adding week 1's numbers.

TE's rating is 41.8 without the offsetting play. Add it in it's still only 75.20

Novacane
08-21-2010, 12:19 PM

The guy throws more INT than TD. That is not playing a smart game