PDA

View Full Version : Quick thoughts

psubills62
08-19-2010, 09:48 PM
Secondary: Looked better than I thought. Saw tight coverage and loved it.

OL: Was crap. Thank goodness they gave Edwards time on the one pass where he really needed it. Hopefully they can jell and improve in the next few weeks.

Edwards: Thanks to the TD pass, looked good enough to not lose the job. Wish he could sustain drives, though.

Brohm: Sustained drives, but stalled too much. Looked great on short passes, not that good on longer passes. Would like to see more. Big positive: completes his third down passes for the first down.

Joique Bell: Real good. Loved the balance on the last TD run. Can't see him getting cut. Decent pass protection block on the one Brohm pass.

CJ Spiller: Love the potential with this kid. His runs are either 1) TFL, 2) 5-yard run, or 3) break it for big yards. Nothing in between.

Pass rush: Frankly, I didn't see any. Kind of pissed me off, though the first team D was pretty basic in terms of blitzes. Still didn't get any pressure.

Defense: Except for a few big runs, the D played the run pretty well. It's got potential.

Wide Receivers: Extremely unimpressive. Chad Jackson was good, Parrish looked average for once, Evans had a good catch. Other than that they weren't much help.

I was super happy to be able to watch it on TV (counts as an Indy away game). Glad to see a high scoring game, and our offense actually moving the ball/scoring TD's.

YardRat
08-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I think Brohm and Jackson are conspiring to help each other make the team.

Steve Johnson hasn't shown anything to date.

Mad Max
08-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Edwards: Thanks to the TD pass, looked good enough to not lose the job. Wish he could sustain drives, though.

He's our starter at the beginning of the season, for better or worse.

Brohm: Sustained drives, but stalled too much. Looked great on short passes, not that good on longer passes. Would like to see more. Big positive: completes his third down passes for the first down.

He's our number 2.

Joique Bell: Real good. Loved the balance on the last TD run. Can't see him getting cut. Decent pass protection block on the one Brohm pass.

He looks really good, too bad for Chad Simpson because he looked god as well just not as good as the Joyk.

CJ Spiller: Love the potential with this kid. His runs are either 1) TFL, 2) 5-yard run, or 3) break it for big yards. Nothing in between.

There was another guy that used to do that, Barry something or other..shhh.

Pass rush: Frankly, I didn't see any. Kind of pissed me off, though the first team D was pretty basic in terms of blitzes. Still didn't get any pressure

I thought Ellis was effective, around the ball a lot. I kept seeing his jersey number..didn't notice anyone elses, or maybe it was just my tiny internet feed playing tricks.

Wide Receivers: Extremely unimpressive. Chad Jackson was good

Jackson did look good. Has Steve Johnson made an appearance yet this pre-season?

psubills62
08-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I forgot to add - Peyton's TD pass to Jacob Tamme down the seam was far too reminiscent of last year's season opener with Tom Brady hitting his TE down the seam twice at the end of the game.

NextbillsQB
08-19-2010, 11:16 PM
Our OL did very well. It was our blitz pickup that made us look horrible and we did have a passrush. We were pushing the OL into manning the whole game