PDA

View Full Version : stroud looks fit!

djjimkelly
08-19-2010, 11:08 PM
however he plays this season, that guy has taken quite the effort to make a serious body transformation to have a more end type body

WOW

BuffaloBlitz83
08-19-2010, 11:09 PM
He juiced

better days
08-20-2010, 08:00 AM
He looked like a very good 3-4 DE last night.

Night Train
08-20-2010, 08:24 AM
He was nothing short of dominant.

I heard Indy had some guys missing from the OL and I don't know who lined up against him. Still, he looked like an absolute destroyer for the 2nd week in a row.

Dwan Edwards isn't looking too shabby either.

better days
08-20-2010, 08:32 AM
He was nothing short of dominant.

I heard Indy had some guys missing from the OL and I don't know who lined up against him. Still, he looked like an absolute destroyer for the 2nd week in a row.

Dwan Edwards isn't looking too shabby either.

Yeah, the DL looks good as does the secondary. If the LB's can play the transition to 3-4 will go well. I thought the LB's were the weak link of the defense last night.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 08:37 AM
however he plays this season, that guy has taken quite the effort to make a serious body transformation to have a more end type body

WOW
Guy is a beast. He was in the backfield all day. His conversion to End is working out. It made sense though, tall, strong, decent pass rusher, long arms. He has all the qualities.

tampabay25690
08-20-2010, 08:40 AM
I like STROUD and always have since his days in GEORGIA...
Guy has done alot to make himself a DE in a 3-4

Beebe's Kid
08-20-2010, 08:52 AM
I think with Poz and Davis returning to form, this D will be formidable.

Last night was Poz's first game, so there is a lot of screaming for his head, which is perfectly rational behavior. You should want to cut the best LB'er on your team after he plays his first handful of snaps in the preseason. Like I say, if he can't show you then, when will he?

Stroud was a guy that always had me on the fence, because he looked so dominant at times, and disinterested at others. I hope that the new, slimmer model is in better shape and able to stay on the field longer.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 08:57 AM
I think with Poz and Davis returning to form, this D will be formidable.

Last night was Poz's first game, so there is a lot of screaming for his head, which is perfectly rational behavior. You should want to cut the best LB'er on your team after he plays his first handful of snaps in the preseason. Like I say, if he can't show you then, when will he?

Thank you. There's no doubt he looked bad last night, but a lot of people are making some snap judgments (I've seen someone relegate him to a backup role, another saying he's not good in a 3-4, which we didn't play much of last night with a lot of four down linemen sets) after just a few series in a preseason game against one of the best offensive teams out there.

OpIv37
08-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Dwan Edwards and Stroud both look good. If they can stay healthy, 3-4 DE may not be as big an issue as I thought it was going to be.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah, the DL looks good as does the secondary. If the LB's can play the transition to 3-4 will go well. I thought the LB's were the weak link of the defense last night.

No question, the LBers were the weak link last night. Poz looked a little lost, and Kawika Mitchell whiffed on a pass he could have broken up I think.

It was really, REALLY nice to see some tight pass coverage it seemed no receiver was open - they got lucky here and there with some passes that some how managed to be caught even though there was a bill on him like stink on $#!t.

madness
08-20-2010, 10:45 AM

I agree. They stacked up great against the inside run game and forced Indy's backs to the outside. Unfortunately that's where the breakdown was with our LB's.

Jan Reimers
08-20-2010, 10:55 AM
No question, the LBers were the weak link last night. Poz looked a little lost, and Kawika Mitchell whiffed on a pass he could have broken up I think.
Poz will knock off the rust and get better. Mitchell won't.

Hogwasher
08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
The D line has held in our games so far. The linebackers couldnt keep tight ends and fullbacks off of them against the skins, but against indy that isnt your problem.

When we went with a four man front with Kelsay we held up against the run very well.

madness
08-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Bills defenders settling in (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/20/bills-defenders-settling-in/)

By Chris Brown - Posted August 20, 2010 – 10:20 am
Buffalo’s defenders are beginning to settle into their new 3-4 defense now with two preseason games under their belt.
Veteran starters like Marcus Stroud already noticed a difference in their feel for the scheme from preseason game one to preseason game two.
“A lot more comfortable,” said Stroud of how he felt in the 3-4 Thursday night. ”Last week, I was like a fish out of water, so to speak. This week, I was a little more comfortable in what I was doing, I had more confidence in my play and it showed, it showed up on the tape.”
Stroud had a tackle for loss and batted pass in Thursday night’s victory.

Buffalogic
08-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Haynesworth should take a lesson from Stroud.

Night Train
08-20-2010, 11:24 AM

They still need to bring a pass rush . There's work to do but the starters were getting off blocks quickly to stuff the run for the most part.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 07:48 PM
all in all as it is now, this team appears to be heading in the right direction under Gailey. I am really starting to like our D.