PDA

View Full Version : Who should start at number 2 WR come opening day?

NextbillsQB
08-20-2010, 01:15 AM
With all the position battles, ive come up with an idea. Each day for the next week I will show certain position battles and I will add every player in that position. The winners will be posted on a final Buffalo bills zone depth chart along with the 2nd and 3rd players who fell short will be backups. Starts with WRs. Tommorow is QBs

Bravo82
08-20-2010, 04:36 AM
Cue the Stevie Johnson love http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz27/Savior_Spiller/sasmokin.gif

Extremebillsfan247
08-20-2010, 05:49 AM
Until he proves he is a liability at the position I have to side with Gailey on this one and say its Johnson right now. That opinion could change though. I'm not into favoring individual players like some other fans. I am always of the mindset of giving the HC the benefit of the doubt on who the best player is for each position on the team. So there is where I stand on it.

YardRat
08-20-2010, 06:03 AM
I don't know about opening day, but Jackson certainly has earned more time with the first team, maybe even starting, in the next game.

better days
08-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Jackson looks like the 2nd rnd pick he was. He looks like he wants it & will not be denied.

The King
08-20-2010, 07:59 AM
As of right now it's Jackson IMO.

Night Train
08-20-2010, 08:05 AM
I thought Jackson should have caught that quick toss to the corner from Brohm. He had good coverage but had it in his hands. Plus he didn't come back to the ball on a blitz, like he did twice in the opener. You have to keep your head in the game and that could hurt him with the coaches.

Roscoe is in the slot and it's obvious after last night that Gailey likes getting the ball in his hands in open space, much like Spiller.

I think Steve Johnson still has the #2 spot because he runs better routes, albeit short ones, but does have dependable hands and you need that to move the chains and keep the drives going.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I liked how Jackson looked, but I think people are going a little overboard on this so far. Steve Johnson has obviously earned the job in practice thus far. I don't know how many times he was thrown to in the first game, but it was only the one time in the second game. I'd like to see him get more targets before I declare him dead.

That being said, I did like how Jackson looked last night.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 08:35 AM
As much as I like Johnson's potential I gotta say that Jackson is really creeping up for that #2 spot.

In Johnson's defense though he isn't getting much playing time. For a guy that barely saw the field last year or any year, he should be getting more time with the twos. Johnson is playing as much as Lee is and that is not adequate for a guy with such little experience.

Beebe's Kid
08-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I thought Jackson should have caught that quick toss to the corner from Brohm. He had good coverage but had it in his hands. Plus he didn't come back to the ball on a blitz, like he did twice in the opener. You have to keep your head in the game and that could hurt him with the coaches.

Roscoe is in the slot and it's obvious after last night that Gailey likes getting the ball in his hands in open space, much like Spiller.

I think Steve Johnson still has the #2 spot because he runs better routes, albeit short ones, but does have dependable hands and you need that to move the chains and keep the drives going.

His routes may be better, but they don't seem to end with him being open and seeing the ball coming his way.

Philagape
08-20-2010, 09:52 AM

Those hands weren't dependable on that fade