PDA

View Full Version : A few quick comments on last nigts game

X-Era
08-20-2010, 06:01 AM
Just a few things:

1) Cornell Green blocked like an all-pro on the long TD throw. Go back and watch the job he did on Mathis. He blew the block on Mathis when Trent got hit on the 2nd series. Mathis made an inside move.

2) Lankster had a bad night. I still want the guy on this roster, and it looked to me like Gailey bumped him up on the depth chart in favor of Corner. But, he may be headed back down after this game. With our DB's having problems, moving one of them may be a bad move.

3) Joique Bell makes one of our top RB's expendable. He makes this team. He's a good looking RB. A move may not happen before the trade deadline, because of the injuries. But if they both come back healthy, and Bell is on this roster, either Lynch or Jackson may get moved.

4) Parrish is looking more comfortable as a WR. I think hes turned the corner with his confidence.

5) Kyle Williams is an assett to this team. He is just a nasty, fiery, road grader who gives you constant high effort. If your a fan of the big ugly's, you gotta love this guy. He gets off blocks, and shows very good quickness in this game.

6) Our front 3 guys on the DL are solid.

7) Poz had a questionable night. He looked tentative and clueless.

8) Whitner completely blew his tackle on the long TD run.

9) Florence, with 3 holding penalties may be supplanted by McKelvin who had a good night.

10) Dehaven needs to get to work. An illegal wedge? Doesnt he know thats a penalty? It was obviously called and coached that way. Tackling was poor and they still arent staying in their lanes.

11) Brohm was sharp. He didn't make any stellar plays, but he kept the chains moving and threw the ball with good velocity and accuracy.

12) We continue toget pressure on the QB. However, it seems all our rushers only have a bull rush move and they get contained just enough to prevent the sack. We really dont have any finesse rushers with an array of moves.

YardRat
08-20-2010, 06:14 AM
the POS needs to show up against Cinci, or he should be backing up Mitchell and Davis when the season rolls around.

zone
08-20-2010, 06:39 AM
the POS needs to show up against Cinci, or he should be backing up Mitchell and Davis when the season rolls around.
Don't know about that, Mitchell looked like a turtle last night.

zone
08-20-2010, 06:40 AM
Just a few things:

1) Cornell Green blocked like an all-pro on the long TD throw. Go back and watch the job he did on Mathis. He blew the block on Mathis when Trent got hit on the 2nd series. Mathis made an inside move.

2) Lankster had a bad night. I still want the guy on this roster, and it looked to me like Gailey bumped him up on the depth chart in favor of Corner. But, he may be headed back down after this game. With our DB's having problems, moving one of them may be a bad move.

3) Joique Bell makes one of our top RB's expendable. He makes this team. He's a good looking RB. A move may not happen before the trade deadline, because of the injuries. But if they both come back healthy, and Bell is on this roster, either Lynch or Jackson may get moved.

4) Parrish is looking more comfortable as a WR. I think hes turned the corner with his confidence.

5) Kyle Williams is an assett to this team. He is just a nasty, fiery, road grader who gives you constant high effort. If your a fan of the big ugly's, you gotta love this guy. He gets off blocks, and shows very good quickness in this game.

6) Our front 3 guys on the DL are solid.

7) Poz had a questionable night. He looked tentative and clueless.

8) Whitner completely blew his tackle on the long TD run.

9) Florence, with 3 holding penalties may be supplanted by McKelvin who had a good night.

10) Dehaven needs to get to work. An illegal wedge? Doesnt he know thats a penalty? It was obviously called and coached that way. Tackling was poor and they still arent staying in their lanes.

11) Brohm was sharp. He didn't make any stellar plays, but he kept the chains moving and threw the ball with good velocity and accuracy.

12) We continue toget pressure on the QB. However, it seems all our rushers only have a bull rush move and they get contained just enough to prevent the sack. We really dont have any finesse rushers with an array of moves.
Pretty much agree with all points.

With Simpson and Bell looking good we have 5 talented backs on this team 5!

Stroud also looked great last night.

better days
08-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Here are my thoughts on the QB's. Both Edwards & Brohm looked good but they were going against the Indy cover2 defense not the 3-4 defenses they will face in the AFC East.

AZhawkfan
08-20-2010, 11:59 AM
I thought overall that Green looked bad. I thought Chambers and Calloway both played better. Of course Calloway was only in the 4th qtr

ddaryl
08-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Here are my thoughts on the QB's. Both Edwards & Brohm looked good but they were going against the Indy cover2 defense not the 3-4 defenses they will face in the AFC East.

3-4 D is where we struggle mightily and Trent has struggled the most in this dept.

SO lets see what the O looks like the next time against the 3-4 :cas: