PDA

View Full Version : Bills Loaded At RB

Night Train
08-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Spiller & Bell ( good call DB ) defintely have " it ". Lynch tweeked his ankle and should be back soon. He looked quicker and more focused thean ever before that. Jackson comes back sometime in Sept.

So in addition to CB, we are very deep at RB.

Excellent. :monte:

better days
08-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Spiller & Bell ( good call DB ) defintely have " it ". Lynch tweeked his ankle and should be back soon. He looked quicker and more focused thean ever before that. Jackson comes back sometime in Sept.

So in addition to CB, we are very deep at RB.

Excellent. :monte:

There is a LOT more talent on this team than the national "experts" think. I am getting more optimistic that at least this team will be exciting & fun to watch even if they don't win a lot. I don't think teams will look forward to playing the Bills like they have in the past.

Ron Burgundy
08-20-2010, 08:56 AM
A good running game can make a bad line look better, too.

I like the backs we have, I'm just not sure how the playing time splits up. We have to keep all four backs listed, though. Everyone's looking good.

Lone Stranger
08-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Our running game does look very strong. Tough to make cuts this year. That new kid RHea didn't do badly at WR considering his practice time.

Beebe's Kid
08-20-2010, 09:19 AM
There is a LOT more talent on this team than the national "experts" think. I am getting more optimistic that at least this team will be exciting & fun to watch even if they don't win a lot. I don't think teams will look forward to playing the Bills like they have in the past.

What about the Zone experts?

I agree. Chan made me happy with the play calling, too. 3 RB play action that Evans catches over the shoulder for the TD...:brilliant:

I missed that site...Evans racing down field, ball in air...6

Night Train
08-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I actually have faith that Gailey knows how to use the talent at various positions and RB depth is a great " problem " to have.

Ron Burgundy
08-20-2010, 11:29 AM
I actually have faith that Gailey knows how to use the talent at various positions and RB depth is a great " problem " to have.

Just think if we'd have drafted Desean Jackson instead of James Hardy.

Jan Reimers
08-20-2010, 11:32 AM
I totally agree. He's even getting something out of Parrish!

ChristopherWalken
08-20-2010, 11:53 AM
What about baiting a trade for Lynch now?

DraftBoy
08-20-2010, 11:55 AM
What about baiting a trade for Lynch now?

Injured and has no value.

methos4ever
08-20-2010, 11:57 AM
At this point the Bills are better off keeping all four and figuring that 2 (Lynch and Bell) will be the traditional rbs and two (jackson and spiller) will be the hybrids. Better than a 5th or 6th wr that can't/won't play. I cannot see a game where we wouldn't activate all 4 or 3/4.

ChristopherWalken
08-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Injured now but expected back before the last preseason game. Jackson is expected back by season opener

Lynch still has value...

So, I ask again; why not?

Jackson, Spiller, Bell, and Simpson = more than adequate.

Bills still need help elsewhere. OL to include TE come to mind.

TacklingDummy
08-20-2010, 12:14 PM

Or Ngata instead of Whitner.

Or Michael Oher, Brian Orakpo, Alex Mack, Hakeen Hicks, instead of Arron Maybin.

Or Darelle Revis instead of Marshawn Lynch.

Or DeAngelo Williams,Nick Mangold, instead of John McCargo.

Or Matt Schaub instead of JP Losman

TacklingDummy
08-20-2010, 12:15 PM
At this point the Bills are better off keeping all four and figuring that 2 (Lynch and Bell) will be the traditional rbs and two (jackson and spiller) will be the hybrids. Better than a 5th or 6th wr that can't/won't play. I cannot see a game where we wouldn't activate all 4 or 3/4.

I hate running back by committee.

Spiller should be the starter, Jackson should come in for his relief. Bell for 3rd back.

Trade Lynch for a pick.

Ron Burgundy
08-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Or Ngata instead of Whitner.

Or Michael Oher, Brian Orakpo, Alex Mack, Hakeen Hicks, instead of Arron Maybin.

Or Darelle Revis instead of Marshawn Lynch.

Or DeAngelo Williams,Nick Mangold, instead of John McCargo.

Or Matt Schaub instead of JP Losman

Well, sure, and you can keep that list rolling a long time.

Jackson over Hardy just leapt to mind.

better days
08-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Simpson scored a TD last year on a kickoff maybe the Bills can use him for that.

better days
08-20-2010, 01:47 PM

Spiller should be the starter, Jackson should come in for his relief. Bell for 3rd back.

Trade Lynch for a pick.

Most NFL teams now use at least 2 backs & more than a few use 3...........todays NFL.

Mad Max
08-20-2010, 01:53 PM
I hate running back by commitee.......

Ya but the day of the "feature back" seems to have passed, most teams have 2-3 guys.

methos4ever
08-20-2010, 02:08 PM

Trade Lynch for a pick.

No use in trying to trade an asset with no big worth. Gailey's known as a guy who will have a workhorse (say Lynch) and creative with the rest. I don't see the problem in today's NFL.

Luisito23
08-20-2010, 06:50 PM
You don't take 2 seconds to pick someone to not have him start the 1st. day...He's a superstar in the making!

TacklingDummy
08-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Most NFL teams now use at least 2 backs & more than a few use 3...........todays NFL.

Agreed but most teams also have a guy who is the clear #1 back and the others are just backups.

If the Bills run the ball 30 times a game I'd like to see Spiller get 22-24 touches while the backups get 6-8.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 08:38 PM

Desean Jackson wasn't available when we took Hardy though was he?

YardRat
08-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Our CB's aren't as deep as some would like to think.

We do seem to be stacked at RB, though. Jackson is solid, Lynch might have returned to form, last night was encouraging for Spiller, Bell was a good call by DB...even Simpson could secure a spot on most teams I would think.

better days
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Our CB's aren't as deep as some would like to think.

We do seem to be stacked at RB, though. Jackson is solid, Lynch might have returned to form, last night was encouraging for Spiller, Bell was a good call by DB...even Simpson could secure a spot on most teams I would think.

Well the Bills have much better depth at CB than many teams. The Pats* for one would love our CB's

Philagape
08-20-2010, 11:26 PM
Desean Jackson wasn't available when we took Hardy though was he?

He sure was.

So were Matt Forte and Ray Rice, btw

ublinkwescore
08-21-2010, 12:45 AM
wow, I hope those days are over... We should have either taken Jackson, or looked elsewhere and later for our big target...