PDA

View Full Version : Broham can hit those slants

dasaybz
08-20-2010, 08:13 AM
How many slants did he connect on? That was very refreshing. It seemed like he was getting about 8 yards on every pass. I haven't seen those many slants in a long long time.

Broham had good decision making and knew where he wanted to go with the ball immediately, very refreshing to see.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 08:24 AM
How many slants did he connect on? That was very refreshing. It seemed like he was getting about 8 yards on every pass. I haven't seen those many slants in a long long time.

Broham had good decision making and knew where he wanted to go with the ball immediately, very refreshing to see.
That's the difference between Brohm and Trent, Brohm can make all the throws and makes them look easy. His delivery is over the top and quick.

BILLSROCK1212
08-20-2010, 09:39 AM
You don't mess with the Broham...

justasportsfan
08-20-2010, 09:49 AM
wr's don't have to slow down either. The balls hit the wr's while in stride.

JCBills
08-20-2010, 01:15 PM
wr's don't have to slow down either. The balls hit the wr's while in stride.

One of the things he was known for at Louisville is placing the ball or leading his man enough to allow the WR to make something happen after the catch. He showed confidence in his WRs and in his decision making last night. I think he deserves a look with the 1's.

JCBills
08-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Even youtube's only Brohm highlight has several examples of his ability to hit his WR in stride:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxC2WrG8cuQ&feature=search

A few of them are a little behind, but some of them are perfect, also some examples of good control of his arm (fires it when needed, nice touch when needed). Used to love watching him get the ball to Harry Douglas, hopefully he can recapture that magic with a Bills WR. I think it would be fair to give Brohm some reps with the 1s next week, both in practice and in the game, let him start the second half with the 1s. He needs to get timing down with Lee and Stevie to be fair in this supposedly open QB competition. Young players do get better, seems like people forget that sometimes.

Buffalogic
08-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Brohm throws the ball too low. Lots of batted down passes. It's something he needs to work on.

jmb1099
08-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Two batted down. It's a huge problem

Brohm throws the ball too low. Lots of batted down passes. It's something he needs to work on.

HAMMER
08-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Phils BBQ has the best sangwich on the planet. BBQ Broham, BBQ pork shoulder, cole slaw, onion ring.

THRILLHO
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
I say we keep him on the team just so we can call him "Broham."

mightysimi
08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
That sounds good but the guy on the front lines, Gailey, said his accuracy isn't very good. Maybe he is more of a gamer than a practice player.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 11:43 PM

Peyton Manning had a pass batted down as well, guess he needs to work on that.

Brohm had two, and one was thrown into a guy who was jumping 2 feet in the air. Doesn't seem like a huge problem quite yet.

Buffalogic
08-21-2010, 12:01 AM
The Brohm apologists are really annoying. Sorry for noticing he had 2 batted balls in like 3 series.

jmb1099
08-21-2010, 10:01 AM
The Brohm apologists are really annoying. Sorry for noticing he had 2 batted balls in like 3 series.
You are right, he had two batted balls, but your initial statement said he threw the ball too low which is meant to imply that he has a critical flaw. Saying this is an attempt to support your previous argument
and attempt to to spin it into an issue and that quite honestly is really annoying.
The problem for you is that you all but declared that Brohm would redefine the word suck and instead he did a pretty decent job in his first game. So you have found yourself with one of two choices. Either admit he wasn't as bad as you thought he'd be, or grasp at straws. Guess you like grasping...

Jan Reimers
08-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Why is someone who looks at Brohm's performance objectively and says rightfully that he had a nice game, automatically a "Brohm apologist."

HHURRICANE
08-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I have to give Gailey some credit because you can tell Brohm has been coached up.

Obvioulsy if you are a big Brohm fan you'll think he did great. Objectively he played okay. The battle bewteen Fitz and Brohm probably comes down to money. So I think Brohm fans might get their wish because he probably played well enough not to justify Fitzpatrick's 2 million dollar raise.

At the end of the day Russ Brandon, not Nix, runs the team.

The thing I hate about this now, which I didn't think about until this AM, is I'm going to have to listen to another whole frickin season of QB controversy.

I'd rather they pick one QB and say he's the starter, end of story. Even if it's Brohm.

Nighthawk
08-21-2010, 10:20 AM
I have to give Gailey some credit because you can tell Brohm has been coached up.

Obvioulsy if you are a big Brohm fan you'll think he did great. Objectively he played okay. The battle bewteen Fitz and Brohm probably comes down to money. So I think Brohm fans might get their wish because he probably played well enough not to justify Fitzpatrick's 2 million dollar raise.

The thing I hate about this now, which I didn't think about until this AM, is I'm going to have to listen to another whole frickin season of QB controversy.

I'd rather they pick one QB and say he's the starter, end of story. Even if it's Brohm.

And there in lies the reason that you continue to post crap about Brohm and why he should be cut. You want Edwards to be backed up by a talentless Fitz and thus, he will never be pushed or challenged for the starting job.

Mahdi
08-21-2010, 10:26 AM

So what yer saying is you want Trent to be able suck without anyone waiting to take his job.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2010, 10:32 AM
And there in lies the reason that you continue to post crap about Brohm and why he should be cut. You want Edwards to be backed up by a talentless Fitz and thus, he will never be pushed or challenged for the starting job.

Honestly, teams get better when they have a starter and stick with that guy. It's a fact.

If Brohm was named the starter I wouldn't want him getting yanked for Edwards.

I love how this site wants to make it seem like I have some Trent lovefest when it couldn't be further from the truth.

I think Trent will start out well, than the line will sustain injuries, than Edwards will start to struggle, than there will be a ground swell for Brohm (because the o-line is irrelevant on this site), than Edwards will get hurt, than Brohm will play like crap, than Edwards will come back, and than he'll be micormanaged, and than the season will end.

Edwards is the wrong QB for this team. I have said it 1000 times now.

ddaryl
08-21-2010, 10:33 AM
Brohm throws a much prettier football then Trent...

He also hits that slant which is important in keeping D's in check IMO...

After what I saw against Indy.. Brohm looks solid and deserves a chance to prove himself with starters...

ass four da quarterback controversy... so ****ing what... Naming one QB for the sake of avoiding a controversy is ******ed... Unless a QB can seperate himself from the pack without any doubts there is always going to be one.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Brohm throws a much prettier football then Trent...

He also hits that slant which is important in keeping D's in check IMO...

After what I saw against Indy.. Brohm looks solid and deserves a chance to prove himself with starters...

ass four da quarterback controversy... so ****ing what... Naming one QB for the sake of avoiding a controversy is ******ed... Unless a QB can seperate himself from the pack without any doubts there is always going to be one.

Again switching back and forth on QBs doesn't win games. We haven't learned this yet?

If Brohm was serioously considered for the starting role I wouldn't switch him unless he was just ridiculously horrible. I'd rather have him play the entire season and have that consistancy develop talent around him.

JCBills
08-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Honestly, teams get better when they have a starter and stick with that guy. It's a fact.

If Brohm was named the starter I wouldn't want him getting yanked for Edwards.

I love how this site wants to make it seem like I have some Trent lovefest when it couldn't be further from the truth.

I think Trent will start out well, than the line will sustain injuries, than Edwards will start to struggle, than there will be a ground swell for Brohm (because the o-line is irrelevant on this site), than Edwards will get hurt, than Brohm will play like crap, than Edwards will come back, and than he'll be micormanaged, and than the season will end.

Edwards is the wrong QB for this team. I have said it 1000 times now.

Placing Edwards struggling AFTER injuries to the OL is unrealistic.

psubills62
08-21-2010, 11:24 AM

The Brohm detractors are getting annoying too.

Obvioulsy if you are a big Brohm fan you'll think he did great. Objectively he played okay.

Maybe it's just me, but where are people saying Brohm played great? Several of us have mentioned that his inability to get a TD in any of his 5 series is a negative. The delay of game penalty was a mental mistake to keep an eye on (simply because we haven't seen enough of him to know if that's a problem). The one batted ball was not good to see, especially if it IS a recurring issue, but the second was into a guy jumping in the air. It's another thing that may be an issue, but there's not that much evidence to say it is yet, in my opinion.

However, in going beyond the stat sheet and just watching the kid play QB, it was very refreshing. There were several positive things that I saw from him that I haven't seen from a Bills QB in a long time.

It seems to me that in the posts I've read, the Brohm detractors have only been able to focus on the negatives and refuse to mention anything positive. Whereas the "Brohm apologists" have freely admitted that there were some negatives and positives about Brohm's play. So who are the objective ones here?

Buffalogic
08-21-2010, 04:42 PM
You are right, he had two batted balls, but your initial statement said he threw the ball too low which is meant to imply that he has a critical flaw. Saying this is an attempt to support your previous argument
and attempt to to spin it into an issue and that quite honestly is really annoying.
The problem for you is that you all but declared that Brohm would redefine the word suck and instead he did a pretty decent job in his first game. So you have found yourself with one of two choices. Either admit he wasn't as bad as you thought he'd be, or grasp at straws. Guess you like grasping...It was a knock on him coming out of college and guess what it's still there. But it's easier to play ostrich and keep your head in the sand. Neg me all you want halo kid, sorry to bust up your guys' Brohm jizzfest.

ddaryl
08-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Again switching back and forth on QBs doesn't win games. We haven't learned this yet?

If Brohm was serioously considered for the starting role I wouldn't switch him unless he was just ridiculously horrible. I'd rather have him play the entire season and have that consistancy develop talent around him.

we won't be switching back and forth when the season starts. until then there's a competition... Edwards hasn't shown much of anything to have me wanting him named the starter for the season at this point.

jmb1099
08-21-2010, 11:39 PM
You seriously need to chill out. Face it, he played better than you said he was going to. But let's clear the air on the personal stuff. I'm not negging you. If I ever do ill sign my name to it and I havent been a kid in 22 years. As far as I'm concerned we simply disagree on Brohm, nothing more.

It was a knock on him coming out of college and guess what it's still there. But it's easier to play ostrich and keep your head in the sand. Neg me all you want halo kid, sorry to bust up your guys' Brohm jizzfest.

BertSquirtgum
08-22-2010, 12:51 AM
the same people that want fitz as #2 are the same people saying the bills will go 3-13. is there any correlation there? i don't know. maybe they want fitz here so that if trent gets hurt they can say they were right because fitz being the starter is the only way i see a 3-13 year.

JCBills
08-22-2010, 07:32 AM
It was a knock on him coming out of college and guess what it's still there. But it's easier to play ostrich and keep your head in the sand. Neg me all you want halo kid, sorry to bust up your guys' Brohm jizzfest.

A little sensitive I see.

BertSquirtgum
08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
i think brohm may have turned down wagon's request for a date. why else all the animosity coming from him towards brohm?

JCBills
08-22-2010, 11:00 AM
i think brohm may have turned down wagon's request for a date. why else all the animosity coming from him towards brohm?

I don't know, but there is currently more hate for him than there is for guys who have already had several starts to prove they can't get it done. (of course new offense new chances blah blah) Kind of amazing.

HHURRICANE
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't know, but there is currently more hate for him than there is for guys who have already had several starts to prove they can't get it done. (of course new offense new chances blah blah) Kind of amazing.

I don't think there is any hate for Brohm on this board. The disdain is actually towards the argument that:

If you hate A, and B, than C must be better.

JCBills
08-22-2010, 11:10 AM
I don't think there is any hate for Brohm on this board. The disdain is actually towards the argument that:

Lol, when people have BRIAN BROHM SUCKS in their sig, I think the hate is there.

better days
08-22-2010, 11:18 AM

I think most people are saying we know A & B SUCK, lets find out what C can do.

jmb1099
08-22-2010, 02:27 PM

I was pleased with Trent's improvement on Thursday and as long as he continues to improve than kudos to him.
I was also pleased with Brohm's performance but now hold the same standard for him as I did Trent. It was his first game, now he needs to improve as well. I simply want to see what Brohm can or cannot do rather than just say he was cut therefore he sucks.That argument just doesn't sit well with me. We brought him in, give him some coaching and see what he makes of it. We have nothing to lose and so far, he has looked decent, not great, decent. Let's see what next game brings.