X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

So Who's Convinced?

Just wanna know who is now convinced that Edwards should be the starter.... Personally, I didn't see anything new from Trent, a few dump-offs, the hesitation that got him smacked in the head, and a deep throw to a wide open Lee Evans. I was more impressed with the play design than the throw actually.

My point is if we are comparing what Edwards did over 2 games with what Brohm did in yesterday's game, Brohm is wayyy superior.

Brohm threw darts yesterday, he threw a variety of different throws and was accurate. More than anything though, he goes through his progressions fast and the ball is released fast and with velocity. The guy just looks like a QB back there. He used all his receivers and that throw to Jackson to his outside shoulder was NFL caliber.

If Brohm doesn't start it's a shame and if he gets cut it's an outrage.
  • mikemac2001
    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
    • Mar 2003

Re: So Who's Convinced?

though i feel brohm should start

i think edwards has shown enough with a starting oline (even though its againist a 4-3 sucked vs 3-4)

to stay as the starter if he bombs in 3rd preseason game and brohm lights it up idk what the team can do

can't split the team up but brohm keeps throwing the ball like he is he should get a shot.

MUCK
    FIAMI

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

I am repeating myself, but nobody else has brought up the fact that Indy plays the cover 2 not the 3-4 defense that Trent has struggled with in the past.

I would like to see both Trent & Brohm against a 3-4 defense, does Cinci play 3-4? I think they do but am not sure.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mikemac2001
        though i feel brohm should start

i think edwards has shown enough with a starting oline (even though its againist a 4-3 sucked vs 3-4)

to stay as the starter if he bombs in 3rd preseason game and brohm lights it up idk what the team can do

can't split the team up but brohm keeps throwing the ball like he is he should get a shot.
        Thing is, I knew this would happen and I said so before the game. Trent will go into the game against a vanilla Colts 4-3 and make things happen. They aren't really game planning. Now he keeps a job that I believe he lost a long time ago.

Washington was a 3-4 and they exposed him. The Colts have created another mirage.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Edwards is brittle and that means Brohm will be starting soon regardless.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by better days
            I am repeating myself, but nobody else has brought up the fact that Indy plays the cover 2 not the 3-4 defense that Trent has struggled with in the past.

I would like to see both Trent & Brohm against a 3-4 defense, does Cinci play 3-4? I think they do but am not sure.
            Cinci is base 4-3. But a very aggressive 4-3.

Comment

• mikemac2001
              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
              Thing is, I knew this would happen and I said so before the game. Trent will go into the game against a vanilla Colts 4-3 and make things happen. They aren't really game planning. Now he keeps a job that I believe he lost a long time ago.

Washington was a 3-4 and they exposed him. The Colts have created another mirage.

and thats the tough spot

i agree but how do you bench him after it

you cant blame trent for the D the colts are running....i would love to see another 3-4 team but it won't be until week one and i will be there watching trent struggle live. (i hope not)

MUCK
              FIAMI

Comment

• mayotm
                • Jul 2003

Just wanna know who is now convinced that Edwards should be the starter.... Personally, I didn't see anything new from Trent, a few dump-offs, the hesitation that got him smacked in the head, and a deep throw to a wide open Lee Evans. I was more impressed with the play design than the throw actually.

My point is if we are comparing what Edwards did over 2 games with what Brohm did in yesterday's game, Brohm is wayyy superior.

Brohm threw darts yesterday, he threw a variety of different throws and was accurate. More than anything though, he goes through his progressions fast and the ball is released fast and with velocity. The guy just looks like a QB back there. He used all his receivers and that throw to Jackson to his outside shoulder was NFL caliber.

If Brohm doesn't start it's a shame and if he gets cut it's an outrage.
                Prepare yourself to be disappointed becaue Brohm isn't going to start. I do think he will make the team over Fitz. I liked a lot of what I saw from Brohm last night. He was poised and decisive. I also liked that he wasn't afraid to throw into coverage and give the WR a chance to make a play. That all stated, Edwards showed some things as well. Evans was wide open on the TD, but it took a perfect throw for the score. If he doesn't hit Evans in stride it's a long completion versrus a TD. I actually like the throw he me made down the sideline which Johnson dropped even better. Thus, Edwards will be the starter, but Brohm will likely get some playing time based on the fact that Edwards can't stay healthy.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mayotm
                  Prepare yourself to be disappointed becaue Brohm isn't going to start. I do think he will make the team over Fitz. I liked a lot of what I saw from Brohm last night. He was poised and decisive. I also liked that he wasn't afraid to throw into coverage and give the WR a chance to make a play. That all stated, Edwards showed some things as well. Evans was wide open on the TD, but it took a perfect throw for the score. If he doesn't hit Evans in stride it's a long completion versrus a TD. I actually like the throw he me made down the sideline which Johnson dropped even better. Thus, Edwards will be the starter, but Brohm will likely get some playing time based on the fact that Edwards can't stay healthy.
                  I agree that Trent made a nice long throw. But Trent will never convince me until he can hit what is between 7 yards and 40.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

I agree that Trent made a nice long throw. But Trent will never convince me until he can hit what is between 7 yards and 40.
                    I'm not convinced that Edwards can be a viable starter in the league. I'm just stating that he will be the starter week 1. That's just the way it is.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mayotm
                      I'm not convinced that Edwards can be a viable starter in the league. I'm just stating that he will be the starter week 1. That's just the way it is.
                      yep.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                        • Aug 2004

I'm not going to agree that Brohm throwing darts out there. His passes are all with arcs, more touch passes then darts. I remember he said himself that his strength is touch passes.

It's evident that Trent has the better arm than Brohm. But Trent does not have the arm as strong as Rob Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman we had in the past.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

edwards needs to lose the job to someone, not just play poorly and have another guy play.

i agree, this is all a moot point because he's done well against 4-3 defenses so far.

If edwards plays exactly the same during the season against a variety of defeneses, i'm fine with him. I don't need to see bomb after bomb. i need to see sustained drives.

and like everyone said, edwards will not start 16 games this season. it's as constant as death and taxes.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                            • Jul 2005

Well we will find out week 1 what Edwards can do against a 34 in a regular season game because I think he would have to tank the rest of the preseason to not have the job.

I know why everyone is down on the guy, but why can't you guys just relax and see what he can do with Chan as his coach before we label the guy a major bust. It took Brees time and other QBs time to hit their stride maybe he falls in that category, maybe he does not but lets relax a bit.

Comment

• Mahdi
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
                              I'm not going to agree that Brohm throwing darts out there. His passes are all with arcs, more touch passes then darts. I remember he said himself that his strength is touch passes.

It's evident that Trent has the better arm than Brohm. But Trent does not have the arm as strong as Rob Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman we had in the past.
                              I think you should watch the game again. Those passes were thrown in there strong. I wouldn't say they were fired in there, but they were solidly thrown.

And Brohm has a much better arm than Edwards, it's not even close. You'll see when Brohm is firing the deep slants and crossing routes that Trent has never done.

Comment

Working...
                              X