PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jackson

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Ok is it just me or does Chad Jackson look a bit Anquan Boldin-ish. Not getting to excited about it or anything but his size and build and style of play is very similar to Boldin. He has really strong hands and good after the catch.

If this guy could reach the potential that was expected from him coming out of Florida it can be huge for us.

Plus Brohm likes him so.......

k-oneputt
08-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I thought chad had a good game last night. I think he is making this team.

hydro
08-20-2010, 08:41 AM
He looks slow but he could definitely be a presence in the middle of the field. Very physical WR.

Beebe's Kid
08-20-2010, 08:49 AM
He looks slow but he could definitely be a presence in the middle of the field. Very physical WR.I had a hard time getting gauging his speed because he was making short physical receptions, on quick routes. He did run a 4.32 at the combine, which was few years and an ACL tear ago, but I haven't heard speed as the knock on him... I haven't really heard a knock on him, if I think about it.

I don't know how you would not keep him.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 08:53 AM
I had a hard time getting gauging his speed because he was making short physical receptions, on quick routes. He did run a 4.32 at the combine, which was few years and an ACL tear ago, but I haven't heard speed as the knock on him... I haven't really heard a knock on him, if I think about it.

I don't know how you would not keep him.
Let's see.....

Evans
Parrish
Johnson
Nelson
Jackson
Hardy

Practice squad for Jones or Roosevelt. Other is cut.

hydro
08-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Let's see.....

Evans
Parrish
Johnson
Nelson
Jackson
Hardy

Nelson? Our TE Shawn Nelson?

psubills62
08-20-2010, 08:58 AM

David Nelson.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 08:58 AM
David Nelson.

hydro
08-20-2010, 08:59 AM
David Nelson.

Damn, forgot all about him.

Dr. Lecter
08-20-2010, 09:03 AM
David Nelson, Hydro. :shakeno:

hydro
08-20-2010, 09:47 AM
David Nelson, Hydro. :shakeno:

You're a little behind Lecter. But I am sure you're used to that...

DraftBoy
08-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Dont see Boldin really, but he had a decent game 5 catches and a drop or two. His routes were solid, but wanted to see him get more seperation to allow for YAC.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Dont see Boldin really, but he had a decent game 5 catches and a drop or two. His routes were solid, but wanted to see him get more seperation to allow for YAC.
Well my point is that he is virtually the same body type and build, has strong hands and runs good routes. And he also is good after the catch.

superbills
08-20-2010, 10:03 AM
I would like to see him make a couple of those REALLY tough catches, like the ball in the end zone from Brohm. Granted, that was great coverage and the ball wasn't perfect, but those are the kinds of plays we need and if he can start making one or two of those, I wouldn't have any qualms about him starting opposite Lee.

ddaryl
08-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Chad's proving to be a rock solid offseason pickup....

DraftBoy
08-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Well my point is that he is virtually the same body type and build, has strong hands and runs good routes. And he also is good after the catch.

I get the body type, but his hands are still a question to me (2 or 3 drops in the preseason so far, I believe) and he hasnt shown me Boldin like YAC ability. Was never really a huge YAC guy (breaking tackles wise) in college either.

Mahdi
08-20-2010, 11:06 AM
I get the body type, but his hands are still a question to me (2 or 3 drops in the preseason so far, I believe) and he hasnt shown me Boldin like YAC ability. Was never really a huge YAC guy (breaking tackles wise) in college either.
Yeah that's fair. The YAC we haven't seen yet, and as you say he wasn't really a YAC guy in college, but I definitely think he has the size, route running and hands to be a very good over the middle guy.

Mike13
08-20-2010, 11:13 AM
I do wish him well even if it is in a Bills Uni.

Night Train
08-20-2010, 07:28 PM
I thought he should have caught that fade that was well covered from Brohm plus he didn't come back/cut short his route when the QB was blitzed again, like he did twice last week. Gailey blasted him as he came off the field last week.

Yes he has the measurables but must master the mental part to impress the coaches. There is a reason the Pats gave up on him.

He still needs to work.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 07:39 PM
He looks slow but he could definitely be a presence in the middle of the field. Very physical WR.

He might look slow because of his size - the bigger an object is, the slower it appears to be moving.

BillsWin
08-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Ok is it just me or does Chad Jackson look a bit Anquan Boldin-ish.

Why? Because he's black!? You're racist. :nono:

:funny:

Mr. Pink
08-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Anquan Boldin comparison listed 5 on your list of WRs?

Definitely see the resemblance.

Jackson couldn't carry Boldin's jock.

YardRat
08-20-2010, 08:45 PM
He's playing better than Steve Johnson.

better days
08-20-2010, 10:11 PM
He's playing better than Steve Johnson.

I just watched the game again. Trent threw a very nice pass to Johnson, he should have caught it, but he also was interfered with & it wasn't called.

TigerJ
08-20-2010, 10:48 PM
I think if there has been a knock on Jackson, it's been discipline. He seemed to have been immature coming out of college. He probably didn't work on his routes and catching technique and the like. Bombing out in New England, and wherever he was after that may have been enough of a wakeup call to convince hime to work at his craft and not just rely on his considerable athleticism. I don't know how much of a toll injuries might have taken, but I would think he can still run a pretty fast 40.

DraftBoy
08-21-2010, 12:42 PM
I just watched the game again. Trent threw a very nice pass to Johnson, he should have caught it, but he also was interfered with & it wasn't called.

They were hand fighting the whole way down the field that was a good no-call.

Scumbag College
08-21-2010, 02:26 PM
I think if the season started today Jackson would be the #2 receiver starting opposite of Lee Evans, basically by default.

acehole
08-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Let's see.....

Evans
Parrish
Johnson
Nelson
Jackson
Hardy

cut hardy.

The Jokeman
08-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Damn, forgot all about him.

From a previous thread:

Who the hell is David Nelson?

And you're a Bills fan? :facepalm:

hydro
08-21-2010, 08:26 PM
From a previous thread:

:bf1: