PDA

View Full Version : I now have more faith in Gailey...

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Gailey did supposedly say that he was a little rusty in calling plays, and that may have contributed to some of our woes last week(offensively), but I have to say given the drastic turnaround that I saw last night, I can't help but be impressed. Pass coverage was tight, no more of this BS 5-10 cushion given to opposing WRs. Run blocking was great, the passing game was efficient though it could still use some work. Special teams coverage needs work, but over all, it looked like we were watching a completely different team.

D line was a very pleasant surprise - Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud, Dwan Edwards all looked great. I'd obviously like to see some improvement in consistency against the run though (not that we did bad, but I'd like to see no runs for more than 3 yards, and more tackles for losses).

Linebackers need some serious work though.

Running game was solid, very effective for the most part - it seemed when one of our backs would get stuffed, they'd more than make up for it on a later carry.

overall, it was like we were watching a different team. Keep up the work Gailey and crew.

The King
08-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Chan did a hell of job... rebuilding Edwards confidence seems to be a big priority for him as well.

His attitude an emotion should keep this team competitive.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 10:42 AM
hopefully the next step after competitive is dominant - get it done Gailey.

Tell Ralph to open up the warchest next offseason and get some FA help that you can use.

Jan Reimers
08-20-2010, 11:04 AM
I think Poz, once he gets a little more action, will be fine and will team with Andra Davis to give us some good ILB play. OLB really scares me, though. Kelsay, Torbor, Maybin and Ellis will not strike fear in the hearts of our opponents.

Cleve
08-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Looks to me like Chan worked pretty hard during the off week since that last pathetic game to make and implement adjustments for the team.

If so, that's a huge plus for the Bills.... how long has it been since we've seen a coach at the helm that could actually make adjustments?

I will be cautiously optimistic... pre-season after all.

DraftBoy
08-20-2010, 11:47 AM
If we dont find a way to generat some frickin pressure we are going to be screwed.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with you draftboy, but some of your analysis of last nights game - I'm not convinced you were watching the same game as the rest of us... our special teams' coverage of kickoffs and punts last night was horrible.

trapezeus
08-20-2010, 02:33 PM
the comment about being able to make adjustments is spot on.

i was so tired of watching a bills team barely hang on for the first half, to only be brutally exposed in the second half.

this game was just such a nice change of pace. even if it was just pre-season.

justasportsfan
08-20-2010, 02:38 PM
I won't have much faith in Gailey until we finally beat the Pats and Bellicheat.

better days
08-20-2010, 02:41 PM
I won't have much faith in Gailey until we finally beat the Pats and Bellicheat.

This is the year............................PLEASE GOD.

wmoz11
08-20-2010, 02:42 PM
Hopefully Belichick is the coach the next time we beat the Pats. I want to pummel that bastard.

Oaf
08-20-2010, 03:06 PM
How'd Chris Ellis look this game?

madness
08-20-2010, 03:48 PM
Evans' TD was a thing of beauty. the defense bit hard on the full house look by the trips backfield and only got further sucked in by SJ's slant pattern. This offense is going to be a wake up call compared to Jauron's tenure.

:gobills:

Buffalogic
08-20-2010, 03:50 PM
Pressure will come when the regular season starts. It's pretty hard to get pressure on qb's in a 3-4 when your linebackers aren't blitzing. Bruce Smith isn't walking through that door.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 05:30 PM
I'd give my left nut to see us beat the pats again - even if it's as a spoiler late in the season as a non playoff team ruining their seeding in the playoffs.

Michael82
08-20-2010, 05:49 PM
It was nice to see Gailey call more of the plays from the playbook, including the playaction that they've used a lot in camp. I hope to see more from him next week.

Luisito23
08-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I'll have confidence on him if he keeps this up throughout the regular season, not right now.

mikemac2001
08-20-2010, 06:23 PM
i liked to hear that he was rusty and has a plan to get plays in quicker, shows he is holding himself accountable as should his players for there mistakes

BillsWin
08-20-2010, 06:58 PM
The cool thing is, Chan had less than a week to make adjustments too. So he must have put in some work. Those were two completely different teams on the field.

It will be interesting to see if the Bills can improve yet again and take it to Cinci. Who hasn't looked very good so far.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I just don't want us to be "Preseason" champs-Regular season duds.

I'd be so excited with an 8-8 record - especially if most of those 8 wins came towards the end of the season - look out Beli*****.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 11:44 PM
I'd give my left nut to see us beat the pats again - even if it's as a spoiler late in the season as a non playoff team ruining their seeding in the playoffs.

I'd give your left nut too. Would love to see us beat the Pats again.