PDA

View Full Version : McKelvin looked very good.....

BidsJr
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Thought he did a great job last night. Was in position for a couple of picks and had excellent coverage 1 on 1 with Reggie Wayne.

Hope this continues and hope he keeps catching kickoffs. Would love to not have to have Spiller back there.

*Looked very good..... Mods if you could edit my title so I don't look like an inbred tks.

wmoz11
08-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Hopefully he will be taking over the starting job. He's got the talent, but last night was the first time he's showed it since OTAs by all accounts.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 11:15 AM
Our CB's were really physical last night, which I liked seeing. Didn't like the penalties being called, but it was still a lot better than Jauron's defense.

Hogwasher
08-20-2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah, he seemed more focused. Sometimes I dont know where his head is.

The King
08-20-2010, 11:19 AM
*Looked very good..... Mods if you could edit my title so I don't look like an inbred tks.:up:

CAbills
08-20-2010, 11:20 AM
He looked pretty good last week too. I think he is just a gamer, plays a better in the game then in practice.

psubills62
08-20-2010, 11:33 AM
If our secondary continues to play the way they did last night, you have to wonder how they'd do with a decent pass rush.

Beebe's Kid
08-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Hopefully he will be taking over the starting job. He's got the talent, but last night was the first time he's showed it since OTAs by all accounts.

He did take it over...last night. Even Bentley and Taker commented on it. They thought maybe he was in at Nickel and playing outside. We were he was, but he wasn't covering the 3rd receiver, and he was on the field with the starters the whole time.

There is no forgiveness for guys that were injured. McKelvin had a broken leg, He had been out since the Cleveland game (?) or thereabouts. That is a long time with no football. I am sure most posters would have been back to playing NFL CB and KR after breaking a leg, without missing a beat, but I'm willing to look the other way on this slacker for taking a month to get back into playing shape.

ddaryl
08-20-2010, 12:07 PM
If our secondary continues to play the way they did last night, you have to wonder how they'd do with a decent pass rush.

pass rush is the next must have after QB in next years draft...

Hopefully Maybin starts to shine here...

we're we running any blitz packages last night ???? In the 3-4 D blitz's can be better disguised, and if we're not seeing it yet then it's one hting we do have ot look forward to in real games.

ublinkwescore
08-20-2010, 07:54 PM
I don't want McKelvin returning kicks - I'd rather have McGee back there again. McKelvin seems to run straight into opponents - I think that's due to less change of direction ability than McGee.

BillsWin
08-20-2010, 08:01 PM
McKelvin has what it takes to be an absolute stud. I hope he shakes off his training camp woes and carpes that diem.

BidsJr
08-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I'd be fine with McGee back there again also. Or Fred Jackson for that matter.

better days
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't want McKelvin returning kicks - I'd rather have McGee back there again. McKelvin seems to run straight into opponents - I think that's due to less change of direction ability than McGee.

Maybe returning kicks should be Simpsons role. He scored a TD last year in that role.

Buddo
08-21-2010, 06:49 AM
I also thought that McKelvin looked good.
Another guy to keep an eye on is Youboty, if he can stay healthy. He, imho, is clearly better than Corner or Lankster, and if Florence doesn't cut out the penalties, could supplant him as the nickel.

ublinkwescore
08-21-2010, 12:11 PM
Youboty should be no lower than immediately after Drayton Florence on the depth chart - end of discussion.