Edwards in his first game was 6/12 for 58 yards and an interception
Fitzpatrick was 9/14 for 61 yards and a td
Brohm was 14/21 for 125 yards no int.

Here's the stats after two games
Edwards 11/20 151 yards and a td QB rating 75.2
Brohm 14/21 125 no td. QB rating 82.4

marchitello
08-20-2010, 08:50 PM
and one is playing against bench players..

jmb1099
08-20-2010, 09:00 PM
And with bench players.

and one is playing against bench players..

HHURRICANE
08-20-2010, 09:19 PM
I watched the game again tonight and I'm sticking to my guns that Brohm is getting cut.

I could be wrong but unless it comes down to money, which wouldn't surprise me with Ralph, Brohm is gone.

The last buffalo fan
08-20-2010, 09:21 PM
I watched the game again tonight and I'm sticking to my guns that Brohm is getting cut.

I could be wrong but unless it comes down to money, which wouldn't surprise me with Ralph, Brohm is gone.

If you watched the game again, why would the Bills should cut Brohm?

HHURRICANE
08-20-2010, 09:25 PM
If you watched the game again, why would the Bills should cut Brohm?

He did nothing great and that screen pass cost us a TD in the red zone. When Gailey looks at the tape again he won't be too impressed with that. This was the problem with Losman. When asked to execute a simple screen pass he couldn't do it.

I don't hate Brohm but honestly after rewatching the game he did nothing "better" than Fitzpatrick would have done. Matter-of-fact I think there would have been 7 points had Fitzpatrick been in there. And for the record I hate Fitzpatrick.

jmb1099
08-20-2010, 09:56 PM
You say that but you know that isn't the case.

Prov401
08-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Brohm isn't going anywhere.

The last buffalo fan
08-20-2010, 10:07 PM
He did nothing great and that screen pass cost us a TD in the red zone. When Gailey looks at the tape again he won't be too impressed with that. This was the problem with Losman. When asked to execute a simple screen pass he couldn't do it.

I don't hate Brohm but honestly after rewatching the game he did nothing "better" than Fitzpatrick would have done. Matter-of-fact I think there would have been 7 points had Fitzpatrick been in there. And for the record I hate Fitzpatrick.

Thanks, I like Brohm and think Fitz is ok, but not great.

ServoBillieves
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
It's either Brohm or Fitzy. No touches for Brohm in game 1, no touches for Fitzy in game 2. You can tell they're shaping Brown.

BidsJr
08-20-2010, 10:08 PM
QB #'s in preseason especially don't mean squat.

What I saw was Trent came back from getting kicked in the nuts and threw a strike to Lee, and Brohm has some upside.

I can promise that BB has way more potential than Fitzpatrick and Gailey will show that come cut day.

The last buffalo fan
08-20-2010, 10:23 PM
QB #'s in preseason especially don't mean squat.

What I saw was Trent came back from getting kicked in the nuts and threw a strike to Lee, and Brohm has some upside.

I can promise that BB has way more potential than Fitzpatrick and Gailey will show that come cut day.

Correcto, old dog can't learn new tricks! :up:

psubills62
08-20-2010, 11:56 PM

Ah good, I'm glad you aren't jumping to assumptions based on a single play. It was one screen pass, and the main reason it would have been a TD is because Brohm did a good job of looking to the right side first and leading the D away from it. I don't see Edwards or Fitz looking off the D very often.

While I don't think Brohm clearly outplayed either QB with his performance, there were a lot of things to like about it that were refreshing after seeing Laurel and Hardy play QB last year. Fitz is horrible and his upside is about 200 yards per game with a TD:INT ratio of less than 1. Brohm has better upside, is cheaper, and plays pretty much the same. Why wouldn't they keep Brohm?

acehole
08-21-2010, 01:12 AM
umm yea...facts are a pesky thing around here when qb are concerned..

Edwards in his first game was 6/12 for 58 yards and an interception
Fitzpatrick was 9/14 for 61 yards and a td
Brohm was 14/21 for 125 yards no int.

Here's the stats after two games
Edwards 11/20 151 yards and a td QB rating 75.2
Brohm 14/21 125 no td. QB rating 82.4

justasportsfan
08-21-2010, 09:04 AM
Ah good, I'm glad you aren't jumping to assumptions based on a single play.
By HH's logic, if Chans decision is based on a single play then Trent would have been benched after his INT in the first preseason. The missed screen play didn't give the other team 7 points unlike the INT .

Chan may not be impressed with Brohm but he isn't impressed by Trent either or else Trent would have been named the starter already. The fact that there is still an ongoing competition means HH doesn't know what he's talking about, as usual.

HH may not love Brohm but he's got a boner for Trent.

HHURRICANE
08-21-2010, 10:01 AM
umm yea...facts are a pesky thing around here when qb are concerned..

I taught econometrics. The problem with these "stats" are that they were produced under a completely different set of circumstances. For example if they were all produced with the starters against starters they would be more relevant. I could make the case that Fitzpatrick has played better than Edwards and Brohm because of how horrible the line play was in the first game.