20 Florida State
21 Georgia
22 Oregon State
23 Auburn
24 Utah
24 West Virginia

psubills62
08-25-2010, 01:06 PM
I certainly haven't paid much attention to Oklahoma...but with all the talent they lost, I have a hard time believing they're one of the top 10 teams in the country, much less deserving of a #1 vote. Granted, Gresham and Bradford played minor roles this past year.

Alabama is talented, but I just don't see them making the top 5 this season in the end. I'd love to see Boise State crash the MNC party.

It seems to me that several teams are overrated, but I'm not sure who will end up replacing them, so the rankings may end up being close to right.

The AP seems to believe that one of the lower SEC teams might step up, but aren't agreed on which one - LSU, Georgia, and Auburn all rank with each other.

Not sure which one I agree with more. Each poll seems to have certain things I agree with and certain ones that I don't.

X-Era
08-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I think UNC may make some noise. They have one of the best defenses in the country.

Night Train
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
As big an Ohio St. fan as I am, I wished Boise St. would be ranked #1 just to stick it to the BCS.

ZAZusmc03
08-25-2010, 03:31 PM
I think UNC may make some noise. They have one of the best defenses in the country.

Agreed, I would like to see them beat LSU in the opener!

psubills62
08-25-2010, 03:42 PM

They may, but they had one of the best defenses in the country last year, too. They need to improve on offense to be elite. Though I would love to see them take LSU down.

tampabay25690
08-25-2010, 06:11 PM
As big an Ohio St. fan as I am, I wished Boise St. would be ranked #1 just to stick it to the BCS.

NOT ME AT ALL....
THEY HAVE THE SOFTEST SCHEDULE besides TCU this year.......
Makes me sick there schedule.....

Well at least I think they start 0-1 anyway vs V TECH....

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 06:34 PM
NOT ME AT ALL....
THEY HAVE THE SOFTEST SCHEDULE besides TCU this year.......
Makes me sick there schedule.....

Well at least I think they start 0-1 anyway vs V TECH....

They can't help who they play in conference and considering only 15 years ago they were DI-AA its a very impressive rise. The schedule argument is a very weak one considering 3/4 of their schedule is out of their own control.

tampabay25690
08-25-2010, 06:38 PM
They can't help who they play in conference and considering only 15 years ago they were DI-AA its a very impressive rise. The schedule argument is a very weak one considering 3/4 of their schedule is out of their own control.

DB I know that just stating a fact........

psubills62
08-25-2010, 06:42 PM

Not to mention they've been practically begging to play good schools. It sounded like they were even willing to travel to any team's stadium without requiring a return visit to the blue field. Very few teams are willing to play them, though.

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 06:58 PM
DB I know that just stating a fact........

Which Im pointing out doesnt make sense when compared to other "top teams" since Boise has gone out of its way to schedule big name out of conference opponents even though some teams duck them.

Virginia Tech and Oregon State (2 other times as well) this season
Oregon 2x
Southern Miss 2x
Georgia

Compare that to Florida whose OOC schedule is;
Miami (OH)
USF
App State

They have full control over those three games and play basically patsies. Yes the SEC is 1000x harder than the WAC, I dont disagree but Boise and Florida can't control those games. They are mandated they play them by conference affiliation so my point is that at least Boise is willing to actually play somebody OOC, unlike Florida and many other big name schools.

tampabay25690
08-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Which Im pointing out doesnt make sense when compared to other "top teams" since Boise has gone out of its way to schedule big name out of conference opponents even though some teams duck them.

Virginia Tech and Oregon State (2 other times as well) this season
Oregon 2x
Southern Miss 2x
Georgia

Compare that to Florida whose OOC schedule is;
Miami (OH)
USF
App State

They have full control over those three games and play basically patsies. Yes the SEC is 1000x harder than the WAC, I dont disagree but Boise and Florida can't control those games. They are mandated they play them by conference affiliation so my point is that at least Boise is willing to actually play somebody OOC, unlike Florida and many other big name schools.

I know how it works just saying there schedule is very soft....
You cant tell me they belong in a top 2-3 bowl game when you play 1 team in the top 25...

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 08:09 PM
I know how it works just saying there schedule is very soft....
You cant tell me they belong in a top 2-3 bowl game when you play 1 team in the top 25...

I can and I will. You win your games you belong and that's one team as of today. Oregon State and Fresno State could both be top 25 by the time they play them.

You seem to really discount how they have won a ton of ball games the last two years just to get up this high. Its not like they were just given this spot.

X-Era
08-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I can and I will. You win your games you belong and that's one team as of today. Oregon State and Fresno State could both be top 25 by the time they play them.

You seem to really discount how they have won a ton of ball games the last two years just to get up this high. Its not like they were just given this spot.

Id like to see a 8 team playoff where if your undefeated your in. If your SOS is low you may be the 8 seed but your still in.

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Id like to see a 8 team playoff where if your undefeated your in. If your SOS is low you may be the 8 seed but your still in.

You should be seeded based on how you played not how good or bad your schedule was. That's something you have so little control over.

For instance last year the MWC had 5 bowl teams (I think) but still would of been in the lower 2/3 of your playoff because the MWC is perceived as a lowly conference and their S.O.S. was "low".

X-Era
08-25-2010, 09:00 PM
You should be seeded based on how you played not how good or bad your schedule was. That's something you have so little control over.

For instance last year the MWC had 5 bowl teams (I think) but still would of been in the lower 2/3 of your playoff because the MWC is perceived as a lowly conference and their S.O.S. was "low".

You have to take it into account. If you don't, teams will "pad" there schedules worse than they already do.

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 09:09 PM
You have to take it into account. If you don't, teams will "pad" there schedules worse than they already do.

I dont know if it can get much worse honestly some of these OOC schedules are pathetic.

X-Era
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
I dont know if it can get much worse honestly some of these OOC schedules are pathetic.

I agree there. So you are for an undefeated team being in a playoff system automatically?

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 09:19 PM
I agree there. So you are for an undefeated team being in a playoff system automatically?

I dont see how you can't be.

k-oneputt
08-26-2010, 08:26 AM
Don't be ridiculous. If Boise played in any of the top conferences there is no way they are going 12-0 or 11 -1 every year. They play two tough games this year, VT and Oregon St.
It looks like some here don't understand the physical toll it takes on a team playing an SEC schedule week in week out. Let Boise try that. So, yes it does matter who they play and if they can only schedule one tough ooc game a year then that's THEIR problem. Tell the Pres. do get them into the PAC-10 or Big-12 then.

k-oneputt
08-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Also the bowl people did them a freaking big a** favor last year giving them that overrated TCU instead of Florida in their bowl game.
TCU two years in a row ???? Really?

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Don't be ridiculous. If Boise played in any of the top conferences there is no way they are going 12-0 or 11 -1 every year. They play two tough games this year, VT and Oregon St.
It looks like some here don't understand the physical toll it takes on a team playing an SEC schedule week in week out. Let Boise try that. So, yes it does matter who they play and if they can only schedule one tough ooc game a year then that's THEIR problem. Tell the Pres. do get them into the PAC-10 or Big-12 then.

They dont have the power or ability to make a conference take them, you know that.

And nobody said they dont understand the physical toll it takes on an SEC team to play an SEC schedule, but saying that Boise's schedule is weak isn't a good fault since they don't control 3/4 of it. The part they do control they routinely schedule very tough OOC games to put them on the national scene and all they do is win those games. Their ranking this season is not just based on last year's 12-0 but rather on their entire body of work over the past three years.

For instances Notre Dame is unranked in both polls but if they start off 7-0, they will be top 15. If Boise was unranked and started 7-0 they may barely crack the top 25, so in that way their schedule does hurt, but for people to say they dont deserve the ranking because their conf schedule is weak, are using something against them that they can't even control.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Also the bowl people did them a freaking big a** favor last year giving them that overrated TCU instead of Florida in their bowl game.
TCU two years in a row ???? Really?

They did them a huge disservice giving them TCU and thats because the BCS did not want a repeat of Boise/Oklahoma.

Not saying they would of beaten Florida, because I dont think they would of, but them beating TCU said nothing because it was too mid-major, non-AQ schools beating each other, nothing is gained. However they stay with Florida (maybe, maybe not) and suddenly the entire argument changes. Or the other way Florida blows them out and the entire argument is killed in one game.

Bufftp
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
but for people to say they dont deserve the ranking because their conf schedule is weak, are using something against them that they can't even control.
Whether they can control it or not does not remove it from the argument. Imagine an undefeated Iowa or Wisconsin (both ranked below Boise currently) losing out to an undefeated Boise. Though the computer rankings may adjust the rankings by schedule strength the human polls may not.

SaviorEdwards
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Does anyone know if those Tarheel players are cleared to play in week 1 vs. LSU? That should be a great game. I just hope NC is at full strength when it happens.

k-oneputt
08-26-2010, 10:56 AM
They did them a huge disservice giving them TCU and thats because the BCS did not want a repeat of Boise/Oklahoma.

Not saying they would of beaten Florida, because I dont think they would of, but them beating TCU said nothing because it was too mid-major, non-AQ schools beating each other, nothing is gained. However they stay with Florida (maybe, maybe not) and suddenly the entire argument changes. Or the other way Florida blows them out and the entire argument is killed in one game.

Exactly the point. Why match them with another middie, who they played in the Holiday Bowl { ? } the year before. Stupid, and it was a game nobody wanted, including TCU.
I think the biggies running college football like having Boise up there for the underdog, little guy thing that plays well with many fans.
Still their conference sucks and imo they have no business being in a BCS game let alone the NC game based on a one or two game season.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Whether they can control it or not does not remove it from the argument. Imagine an undefeated Iowa or Wisconsin (both ranked below Boise currently) losing out to an undefeated Boise. Though the computer rankings may adjust the rankings by schedule strength the human polls may not.

I would be perfectly fine with bolded happening if Boise goes undefeated.

The idea in football is to win every game you can. In the NFL a team is not discluded from the playoffs just because they play in a weak division and have a week schedule.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:00 AM
Exactly the point. Why match them with another middie, who they played in the Holiday Bowl { ? } the year before. Stupid, and it was a game nobody wanted, including TCU.
I think the biggies running college football like having Boise up there for the underdog, little guy thing that plays well with many fans.
Still their conference sucks and imo they have no business being in a BCS game let alone the NC game based on a one or two game season.

It was a horrible decision and one meant to protect the BCS. God forbid TCU or Boise upset a BCS AQ team.

k-oneputt
08-26-2010, 11:03 AM
It was a horrible decision and one meant to protect the BCS. God forbid TCU or Boise upset a BCS AQ team.

Really ? I think we both know what would have happened if they played Florida in a BCS bowl last year.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Really ? I think we both know what would have happened if they played Florida in a BCS bowl last year.

Florida more than likely yes, but what about Ohio State, Georgia Tech, or Oregon?

Those could of been upsets very easily. The BCS was saving itself.

Bufftp
08-26-2010, 11:09 AM
I would be perfectly fine with bolded happening if Boise goes undefeated.

The idea in football is to win every game you can. In the NFL a team is not discluded from the playoffs just because they play in a weak division and have a week schedule.
So you're saying an undefeated Boise is the stronger Team than an Undefeated IOWA or Wisconsin. And I thought you were drug free ;)

I would take a one loss team (below) over an undefeated Boise for the mncg.
1 Alabama (54)
2 Ohio State (3)
4 Florida
5 Texas (1)
6 TCU
7 Oklahoma (1)
8 Nebraska
9 Iowa
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin

SaviorEdwards
08-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Florida more than likely yes, but what about Ohio State, Georgia Tech, or Oregon?

Those could of been upsets very easily. The BCS was saving itself.
No way Ohio State would have lost to Boise Fake. people forget how good Oregon was going into that game and OSU just smashed them....and my las vegas payout proved that :clap:. The only thing the BCS was saving was multiple disasters as far as teams who travel. Boise and TCU fans dont travel as well as the big time college programs do. Coupled with the fact TCU/Boise could only muster a 8.2 rating compared to the Bucks/Ducks who did a 13.2.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:15 AM
So you're saying an undefeated Boise is the stronger Team than an Undefeated IOWA or Wisconsin. And I thought you were drug free ;)

1 Alabama (54)
2 Ohio State (3)
4 Florida
5 Texas (1)
6 TCU
7 Oklahoma (1)
8 Nebraska
9 Iowa
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin

Absolutely I would. They beat two high quality opponents, have you looked at the Big Ten schedules this season?

Wisconsin's schedule is a complete joke they only have two tough games (Iowa and Ohio State) and I expect them to lose both.

Iowa's isn't a whole hell of a lot better with really only one true test v. Ohio State as I think Wisconsin and Penn State are both overrated. Your OOC schedule is a disgrace and they should be ashamed for it.

You would take a one loss TCU team over an undefeated Boise team? That's just nuts.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:17 AM
No way Ohio State would have lost to Boise Fake. people forget how good Oregon was going into that game and OSU just smashed them....and my las vegas payout proved that :clap:. The only thing the BCS was saving was multiple disasters as far as teams who travel. Boise and TCU fans dont travel as well as the big time college programs do. Coupled with the fact TCU/Boise could only muster a 8.2 rating compared to the Bucks/Ducks who did a 13.2.

We arent talking about just Boise though.

I agree that their fans don't travel as well, but that TCU defense was light years better than Oregon's and would of given Pryor plenty of problems with pressure and coverage. Maybe Ohio State wins but its close I think, and Boise can score with any team in the country and we already saw they could beat Oregon and stifle their offense.

Of course it only got an 8.2 like we both agree it was the matchup nobody wanted.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2010, 11:19 AM

1 Alabama (54)
2 Ohio State (3)
4 Florida
5 Texas (1)
6 TCU
7 Oklahoma (1)
8 Nebraska
9 Iowa
11 Oregon
12 Wisconsin
Since an undefeated Boise St team would have beat TCU, that is a weak claim.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Since an undefeated Boise St team would have beat TCU, that is a weak claim.

Boise doesnt play TCU this season.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Boise doesnt play TCU this season.
Ooops.

OK. Back to being correct on stuff.

Bufftp
08-26-2010, 11:27 AM
Absolutely I would. They beat two high quality opponents, have you looked at the Big Ten schedules this season?

Wisconsin's schedule is a complete joke they only have two tough games (Iowa and Ohio State) and I expect them to lose both.

Iowa's isn't a whole hell of a lot better with really only one true test v. Ohio State as I think Wisconsin and Penn State are both overrated. Your OOC schedule is a disgrace and they should be ashamed for it.

You would take a one loss TCU team over an undefeated Boise team? That's just nuts.
Rofl
Michigan State is little underrated by you, and Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State are tougher than anyone on Boise's Schedule. As far as OCC being weak at Iowa State and at Arizona are no give me's. And really Boise has one tough game all year long, so but the fatty down.

sic: I meant to delete TCU from list, my bad.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Rofl
Michigan State is little underrated by you, and Penn State, Wisconsin and Ohio State are tougher than anyone on Boise's Schedule. As far as OCC being weak at Iowa State and at Arizona are no give me's. And really Boise has one tough game all year long, so but the fatty down.

sic: I meant to delete TCU from list, my bad.

Alright Ted lets get into it then...

Why is Michigan State underrated exactly?

What I see is this....
-Lack of QB stability
-Coach can't make up his mind
-Lost their top WR (Blair White)
-Barely had a 500 yard back last season.
-Only one playmaker on defense in LB Greg Jones who led the team in sacks, TFL, tackles, and fumble returns.

What makes them underrated to you?

SaviorEdwards
08-26-2010, 11:37 AM
wisconsin is going to be a beast this year, that offensive line is sick and oh by the way you have that 250 pound mack truck to worry about running down hill.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:40 AM
wisconsin is going to be a beast this year, that offensive line is sick and oh by the way you have that 250 pound mack truck to worry about running down hill.

John Clay is very good, but he cant win games by himself.

SaviorEdwards
08-26-2010, 11:46 AM

Wisconsin will be fine on offense, their defensive line will be their achilles heel this year.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Wisconsin will be fine running the ball, their defense will be their achilles heel this year.

Fixed.

psubills62
08-26-2010, 11:49 AM

Tolzien isn't that bad.

In the end, I'm afraid Wisconsin, Iowa and OSU might end up trading wins and losses. Though if any of them will emerge undefeated, it's going to be OSU.

What makes you think Penn State is overrated?

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 11:53 AM
Tolzien isn't that bad.

In the end, I'm afraid Wisconsin, Iowa and OSU might end up trading wins and losses. Though if any of them will emerge undefeated, it's going to be OSU.

What makes you think Penn State is overrated?

New QB, and loss of defensive playmakers.

They have players who could step up (Crawford, ex.) as does Michigan State and Wisconsin, but I dont think Penn State today is a top 25 team right now. They aren't far out of it, but I think most of their ranking is based on last seasons accomplishments and don't factor enough in how much they lost.

Bufftp
08-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Alright Ted lets get into it then...

Why is Michigan State underrated exactly?

What I see is this....
-Lack of QB stability
-Coach can't make up his mind
-Lost their top WR (Blair White)
-Barely had a 500 yard back last season.
-Only one playmaker on defense in LB Greg Jones who led the team in sacks, TFL, tackles, and fumble returns.

What makes them underrated to you? QB stability? Coach can't make up mind- are you sure you aren't confusing Rich Rod and Michigan with Michigan St.?

Kirk Cousins had a good first year last year and has potentially the best receivers in the Big 10 this year.
Mark Dantonio is a solid coach, where do you get this indecision thing?
The defense will be solid, with one of better LB corps in the Big 10.
They could very well be the dark horse in the B-10 this year.

DraftBoy
08-26-2010, 12:02 PM
QB stability? Coach can't make up mind- are you sure you aren't confusing Rich Rod and Michigan with Michigan St.?

Kirk Cousins had a good first year and has potentially the best receivers in the Big 10 this year.
Mark Dantonio is a solid coach, where do you get this indecision thing?
The defense will be solid, with one of better LB corps in the Big 10.
They could very well be the dark horse in the B-10 this year.

I like Cousins, I really do, and I think he's underrated and I think it hurts that Dantonio insists that Nicols get a series here or a series there. I hate coaches who do that crap. Cousins however has to get better because a 2:1 TD to INT ratio isnt going to cut it and 60% cmp pct is barely passable for me.

Your defense comment is the one I dont get, what are you basing that off of. Their DL provided no pressure last season and got little penetration, why will they suddenly be better? Are you counting on Jerel Worthy alone to make the difference?

LB corp will be good due to Jones, but most of them are average, though Gordon has some potential.

What about their WR says to you they will be the best? Cunningham is very solid but Dell had one big season and has sturggled since then. Martin better step up and have a huge season this year.

psubills62
08-26-2010, 12:22 PM
New QB, and loss of defensive playmakers.

They have players who could step up (Crawford, ex.) as does Michigan State and Wisconsin, but I dont think Penn State today is a top 25 team right now. They aren't far out of it, but I think most of their ranking is based on last seasons accomplishments and don't factor enough in how much they lost.

You may very well be right. I think how well they play against Alabama will be a good sign of how the season will go. Personally, I think they're ranked right around where they'll end up in the polls near the end of the season.

I sure hope teams like Michigan State can step up. They're always on the brink and supposed to be a breakout team, but can never put it together. I think Northwestern is quietly putting together a decent program under Fitzgerald. And I like Bill Lynch in Indiana and the talent he's got there - he just hasn't gotten the right results.

tampabay25690
08-26-2010, 06:08 PM

I dont even think they would make it in the BIG 10 week to week....
BUT DB is right it's not Boise or TCU'S fault on the schedule.....

k-oneputt
08-26-2010, 07:06 PM
I dont even think they would make it in the BIG 10 week to week....
BUT DB is right it's not Boise or TCU'S fault on the schedule.....

It's not their fault but it is still an issue. Those are the breaks, like it or not.

And I agree with you, they wouldn't make it in the Big-10 or any other of the major conferences. The depth issue would come into play sooner or later playing those schedules week after week.

tampabay25690
08-26-2010, 07:10 PM

Yea for the BIG Ten Wisconsin is pretty good.....
But they don't surprise anybody at all.....
THEY RUN THE BALL everyone knows that.........

SaviorEdwards
08-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Yea for the BIG Ten Wisconsin is pretty good.....
But they don't surprise anybody at all.....
THEY RUN THE BALL everyone knows that.........

Who needs surprises? There is something to be said about knowing whats coming and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Trick and gadget football is pretty lame....give me smasthmouth football any day of the week over that crap. Thats why I respect Alabama football because you know whats coming, the question is, can you stop it?

tampabay25690
08-28-2010, 12:23 PM
Who needs surprises? There is something to be said about knowing whats coming and not being able to do a damn thing about it. Trick and gadget football is pretty lame....give me smasthmouth football any day of the week over that crap. Thats why I respect Alabama football because you know whats coming, the question is, can you stop it?

I understand 100%% what you are saying and I like the way Wisconsin plays the game. But the problem is Iowa, Ohio St, Penn St and Wisconsin pretty much run the same kind of offense....
Thats the problem when they play the athletic teams that spread them out......

I think the Ohio St game VS Miami will be the tuffest game for Ohio St all year just because of all the athletes Miami will have...

I like Wisconsin though.............
Big Ten will be strong this year and I think Wisconsin may be the team to win the Big Ten...

SaviorEdwards
08-29-2010, 03:42 AM
I understand 100%% what you are saying and I like the way Wisconsin plays the game. But the problem is Iowa, Ohio St, Penn St and Wisconsin pretty much run the same kind of offense....

I think the Ohio St game VS Miami will be the tuffest game for Ohio St all year just because of all the athletes Miami will have...

I like Wisconsin though.............
Big Ten will be strong this year and I think Wisconsin may be the team to win the Big Ten...
Wow really? Thats the one game I'm not overly concerned about. I do think OSU could easily lose 2 games this year, but Jacory Harris doesn't do it for me at all. I know they have awesome WRs but that QB is an INT machine. If OSU's D Line is as good as advertised he should have a pretty rough game. A caveat would be I only have seen about 4 of his games so my judgment is very limited. But if he gets some time, it could be a long night for OSU because their DBs are questionable this year.

Ohio State/ Miami Boise/VT and NC/LSU....I'm really looking forward to the first slate of games though.

psubills62
08-29-2010, 10:23 AM

Like who? Oregon, Ga Tech, LSU, and Miami?

DraftBoy
08-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Like who? Oregon, Ga Tech, LSU, and Miami?

Tech doesnt run a spread offense.

psubills62
08-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech doesnt run a spread offense.

I know, but they could still be characterized as more athletic than the B10 teams.

DraftBoy
08-29-2010, 12:31 PM
I know, but they could still be characterized as more athletic than the B10 teams.

Which they are, but athleticism alone doesn't win football games. Iowa won that game because of their well disciplined defensive play.

psubills62
08-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Which they are, but athleticism alone doesn't win football games. Iowa won that game because of their well disciplined defensive play.

I know, that's a good part of my whole point :up:

SaviorEdwards
08-29-2010, 10:37 PM

thats why i think we see so many solid defenders in the NFL from the Big Ten. It pure fundamentals football 101.

DraftBoy
08-30-2010, 07:41 AM
thats why i think we see so many solid defenders in the NFL from the Big Ten. It pure fundamentals football 101.

Its one of the best defensive conferences without a doubt but they have flaws because many of their teams have anemic offenses, so if the defense breaks three or four times their offense has trouble keeping up.

Even with Wisconsin that has playmakers in John Clay and Nick Toon will struggle to stay with a team in a shootout because they aren't built to score quickly. Most Big Ten schools are built to get a lead early and grind out the game. That's not a knock its just a difference in how schools play, I personally like the way its played but I know many down where I live (SEC/ACC country) find it boring.

Plus it makes my scouting job much easier since they are so fundamentals based you get a great feel for who can do what and how. Also could be a big reason Rich Rod has been such a huge failure thus far at Michigan.