PDA

View Full Version : Do you still think the QB competition is open?

mightysimi
08-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Going into the 3rd preseason game, who thinks that the competition is still open. If Fitz has a good 3rd game or if Brohm goes in the 4th game and lights it up, what are the chances they change QB's right before the season starts. I'm going with no chance.

Philagape
08-21-2010, 09:58 PM
With a clear front-runner, one of the other two has to blow Edwards away to overtake him. And not just in one game.
When one guy has been getting the most time with the first team throughout camps and practices and games, that's to build chemistry and timing under the new offense. You don't disrupt that unless there's an overwhelming reason to do it.

justasportsfan
08-21-2010, 10:07 PM
I have a feeling Trent is Ralphy's sentimental favorite

SABURZFAN
08-21-2010, 10:25 PM
i don't know what to think anymore other than the QB situation is a complete cluster****.

PromoTheRobot
08-21-2010, 10:35 PM
i don't know what to think anymore other than the QB situation is a complete cluster****.
This is not a clusterf**k. See the 80's Bills pre-Kelly if you wanna talk clusterf**k.

PTR

Nighthawk
08-21-2010, 10:36 PM
This is not a clusterf**k. See the 80's Bills pre-Kelly if you wanna talk clusterf**k.

PTR

It is pretty much the same thing as back then...it's a FUGLY thing to behold!

Mr. Pink
08-21-2010, 10:59 PM

PTR

While the QBs between Fergie and Kelly were a cluster****...crap is crap at the position.

Neither group was/is good enough to lead an NFL team.

sven233
08-21-2010, 11:36 PM
This is not a QB competition, unfortunately. If they were going strictly based on game performance, Brohm should be seeing time with the first team in practice and against the Bengals.

It's hard to say there is a competition at all when 1 guy gets every rep with the best players on offense and the other guys get the scraps. If it were a true open competition, the other QBs should at least see some time with the best players.

I am not saying Brohm is the answer, but he looked like a real QB out there the other day. I say put him with the first team and let him hand it off to Spiller and throw it to a WIDE OPEN Evans!!!!!!! My guess is that he looks at least as good as Trent and probably better because he at least gives his receivers a chance to make a play. Edwards doesn't even attempt the passes that Brohm does because he has no BA**S!!!!!

That being said, we have the worst set of QBs in the league and it won't matter much this year. But to say this is an open competition is just crazy because there is only 1 guy getting a chance to work with the best players.

Bmax
08-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Yeah.. But i saw all those games back then ...Bruce Mathison was awful....All three of this era's QB's were btter than him...Trust me....

Bmax...

SABURZFAN
08-22-2010, 01:04 AM

PTR

i already lived it. i know a cluster**** when i see one.

YardRat
08-22-2010, 04:45 AM
The competition ended after OTA's, if there ever really was one.

Johnny Bugmenot
08-22-2010, 07:07 AM
There is no competition for the starting position. The only way Edwards was ever in danger of losing it was injury-- which isn't a stretch.

The real battle is for #2 and who will be the quarterback of the future, whether or not they try to draft a superstar prospect next year. If Brohm shows something special, they draft some other position next year. If Fitz is better, then Brohm gets labeled "bust" and never plays in the league again, while the Bills roll the dice on a draft pick.