PDA

View Full Version : Jets arent as good as people thought apparently

NextbillsQB
08-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I was watching ESPN yesterday and they were talking about the Jets preseason games and that they dont look like a team and its very caotic. They said Sanchez is doing a horrible job and the team is faltering cuz of it

Prov401
08-22-2010, 03:13 AM
I think Tim Graham said they were loose and a bit un-focused on his visit.

Might be hungover from their run last year. A little too confident in themselves.

The first episode of Hard knocks, all your heard was a bunch of joking around, and cussing. Sexy Rexy was playing around alot, and their GM looked like a fool trying to field a punt. Last year, the Bengals hard knocks training camp was all business. Nothing like the Jets training camp.

wmoz11
08-22-2010, 03:47 AM
We'll have to win the battle of field goals against them. I truly think we'll split with them. Sanchez sucks.

Billz_fan
08-22-2010, 05:39 AM
So far im not impressed with there play but they do have quite a bit of talent. Not to mention I think Rex will get them fired up by weeping at the podium if they get off to a slow start :D

DBrown77
08-22-2010, 08:11 AM
I watched the Jets/Panthers game last night. Their defense is still incredible, but the offense looked rusty. Shonn Greene looks pretty good though.

Jan Reimers
08-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I am not sold on Sanchez.

BillyT92679
08-22-2010, 08:16 AM
6-10

YardRat
08-22-2010, 08:22 AM
I am SO hoping they implode this season.

Luisito23
08-22-2010, 08:34 AM
They won't even make the playoffs! 7-9! :down:

Night Train
08-22-2010, 08:45 AM
NYC is the capital of the sports world and will ALWAYS be overhyped, no matter the actual talent level of any NYC team.

Throw in a brash talking, media loving coach and this is hardly a surprise.

better days
08-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Knowing the Bills have no chance to win the division, I would rather see the Jets win it than the Pats* or the Fish myself.

Night Train
08-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Knowing the Bills have no chance to win the division, I would rather see the Jets win it than the Pats* or the Fish myself.

Good point.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-22-2010, 09:08 AM
They are all distracted with Hard Knocks. I would also wait until the third week of the actual season before you consider this to be true.

psubills62
08-22-2010, 09:53 AM
They've got a lot of talent, but I feel it will end up similar to last year - barely winning games and scraping into the playoffs with a 9-7 record or so.

Mike13
08-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Time to extend the streak to 5-0.

YardRat
08-22-2010, 10:42 AM

If the Bills aren't a factor, I would hope for a three-way tie and be satisfied with two teams getting ****ed out of the playoffs by tiebreakers and the third getting their asses handed to them in the first round.

better days
08-22-2010, 10:46 AM
If the Bills aren't a factor, I would hope for a three-way tie and be satisfied with two teams getting ****ed out of the playoffs by tiebreakers and the third getting their asses handed to them in the first round.

A 3 way tie is doubtful, but yeah I hope whoever wins the East goes down week 1 of the playoffs.

HAMMER
08-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Every year I hear the same thing about the teams ahead of us. People love to predict the demise of those with more fortune.

Sanchez has shown flashes, he will continue to struggle in his second year as most young QB's do. But to think the Jets are going to fall off the map after having the best defense in football last year is nonsense. Even without Revis they will still be damn good, Cromartie is no slouch.

On offense they added two very good players in Holmes and LT, Greene is good and the offensive line is a hell of a lot better than ours.

BleedinGreenNC
08-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I was watching ESPN yesterday and they were talking about the Jets preseason games and that they dont look like a team and its very caotic. They said Sanchez is doing a horrible job and the team is faltering cuz of it

THats your first fail, you were watching ESPatsNation and actually believe the crap that they spew.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-22-2010, 04:09 PM
On offense they added two very good players in Holmes and LT, Greene is good and the offensive line is a hell of a lot better than ours.

I think you mean LT, Greene is good, and the offensive line....

mush69
08-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Well I attended a couple of practices here in Cortland just because I wanted to go see Pro players practice, they have since broken camp and now are through with Cortland for another year. I'll make a few comments.

This is my unbiased take on their camp, from what I saw.

Braylon Edwards is going to be Dangerous, everybody has been beating the Holmes drum but the league is going to have to account for Edwards, he is a freak when it comes to the jump ball.

LT is still a weapon to remember, he looked good in camp.

Greene is going to be good and with LT presence he will get better.

Shanchez has all the tools and is still a little unrefined, he needs to protect the ball better and not force it. When he does he gets picked quite often, a little pressure and he will fold up like an oragami flamingo.

The defense is strong! They cover well and the linebacking core is solid, throw in the fact that have a solid line and Jenkings back, running the ball will be a challenge!

NYC Media doesn't help with all the hype, but this still is a very solid club that our Bills have to face twice this season.

Nighthawk
08-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I've been saying this the entire offseason. People think they are going to be good because they talk a lot...and then they talk some more about how good they are. They were VERY average last year and they backdoored into the playoffs...they did not earn it. Sanchez just does not look that good to me...he's a little Losmanesque...if you ask me.

DraftBoy
08-22-2010, 04:54 PM
One word: Preseason

Nighthawk
08-22-2010, 04:57 PM
One word: Preseason

True...but they didn't look that good last season and Sanchez was awful last year. It's amazing how easy it is for people to just start drinking the media's kool-aid.

DraftBoy
08-22-2010, 06:22 PM
True...but they didn't look that good last season and Sanchez was awful last year. It's amazing how easy it is for people to just start drinking the media's kool-aid.

How a team looks is completely objective to the person viewing them and what biases they have or don't have. What matters is the W/L record from the year before and how much talent they have. That alone makes them a team to certainly worry about.

Philagape
08-22-2010, 07:15 PM
One would think going to the AFC Championship game would be enough to at least consider them a contender. (I didn't learn that from this year's media hype.)
However they got into the playoffs, they were pretty strong once they were there.

don137
08-22-2010, 08:20 PM
I went to the Panthers-Jets game last night and both teams looked putrid on offense. I knew the Panthers were not going to be that good but the Jets surprised me how bad they looked. They are a team that reminds me a lot of a Buddy Ryan coached team. They seem to care more about the spotlight than winning football games. That is a team that is more about individuals than a team and I think it starts from the top.

Miami_Vice
08-22-2010, 08:24 PM
I am SO hoping they implode this season.

Me too. Their fans are insufferable and Rex Ryan is a fat POS. I would love it if they crashed and burned this season.:D:

The expectations for the Jets are thru the roof. So anything less of a SuperBowl appearance and their fans will be POed

TigerJ
08-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Knowing the Bills have no chance to win the division, I would rather see the Jets win it than the Pats* or the Fish myself.If the Bills can't win, can't everybody lose?

psubills62
08-23-2010, 09:23 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16753/review-of-jets-panthers-field-goalathon

Just summarizing how the Jets struggled against the Panthers, especially on offense:

Sanchez completed just three of his first eight passes and couldn't lead a touchdown drive, including one that started on the Panthers' 12-yard line. Factoring in the sacks, the Jets had minus-3 yards passing with Sanchez in the game.

The first-team offense gained 33 yards.

Veteran backup Mark Brunell (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=445) didn't fare any better. He is being outplayed by Kellen Clemens (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=9635) through two preseason games. Brunell handled four possessions, each of them a three-and-out and totaling 12 yards of offense.

Not a good sign to see guards Matt Slauson (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12728) and Vladimir Ducasse (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=13273) on the field in the fourth quarter -- and getting beaten.

In the end, though, it's just one game and preseason at that. I still think the Jets will end up with around 9 wins this season and possibly sneak into the playoffs again.

HAMMER
08-23-2010, 12:20 PM
I think you mean LT, Greene is good, and the offensive line....

I did, thank you TGOJK!

TacklingDummy
08-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Reports are Revis wants $162 million over 10 years.

He's nuts. Enjoy the holdout.

mush69
08-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Reports are Revis wants $162 million over 10 years.

He's nuts. Enjoy the holdout.

I can't believe the length of that proposed contract, 10 years? Come on now he could be washed up in 5!

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-24-2010, 08:45 AM
Why is it when a guy is a little outspoken and different from everyone else he is hated and "a POS"? If Rex Ryan was the Bills coach most of us would love him.

BleedinGreenNC
08-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Why is it when a guy is a little outspoken and different from everyone else he is hated and "a POS"? If Rex Ryan was the Bills coach most of us would love him.

Amen! Well spoke, just like if Brady was on the Jets, i would be a huge fan of his.

trapezeus
08-24-2010, 11:12 AM
no matter how awesome the bills were and how bad the jets were in the 90's, the games would end up close and we would lose a game to t he jets.

no matter how good the jets were and how bad the bills were in 2000s, we split for the most part.

regardless of if the jets implode or not, one thing is guaranteed. it will be a boring game between the two teams with the team making the least amount of mistakes holding on for the win. and the one in the meadowlands may be meaningless for both teams, which means somehow that game will suck even more than the first game.