PDA

View Full Version : Gailey/Nelson comments

YardRat
08-22-2010, 05:17 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article169015.ece

"You hate it for your football team and you hate it for the individual involved. As part of our process today you have to go by the rules and you pay for it when you don't." -- Chan Gailey on Shawn Nelson's suspension.

"On behalf of my team, my family, my church family, the great city of Buffalo and my fans, I want to say I apologize. It's not nothing bad, nothing illegal that happened. There's rumors that it was dealing with some different type of things that myself was not involved in. I'm not that guy. I'm a guy of character, a guy who works hard. I'll be suspended the first four games of the season. I'll be back on Oct. 4. I'm excited about getting back with my team and working out with my team. I spoke with some of my teammates earlier today and told them what was really going on. I spoke to my coaches and my GM. We're all on the same page. We have the same plan down. I'll be working out with Tom Shaw in Orlando getting ready for the rest of the season."

ChristopherWalken
08-22-2010, 06:42 AM
Not illegal...yet self-incriminating enough not to mention what it exactly was.

YardRat
08-22-2010, 08:27 AM
Gailey's comment stuck out to me...

"you have to go by the rules and you pay for it when you don't."

Jan Reimers
08-22-2010, 08:33 AM
I have no sympathy for Nelson, no matter what the banned substance was. It says one thing to me: Stupid.