PDA

View Full Version : Ellis Starting At OLB A Good Thing

Night Train
08-22-2010, 07:26 AM
No slight against the injured Torbor but Ellis has looked explosive and very effective as an OLB in the 3-4. This is something we thought we would see out of Maybin but the much bigger/stronger Ellis has thrived so far.

With Kelsay on the other side (who is able to move up and stick his hand in the turf as a hybrid DE if needed ) I think the Bills have the best 2 options starting at OLB.

I like what the DL has shown. Now the only mystery to me is the ILB positions and how good they actually are.

Slowly, it's getting better and I actually have faith in Gailey to figure out the players from the imposters.

Jan Reimers
08-22-2010, 08:22 AM
I thought the same thing when I was reading about Torbor's injury and Ellis moving up, in this morning's on-line Buffalo News. Torbor is a competent veteran, but I think Ellis will give us a big-time pass rushing threat. Perhaps Maybin will fit in as a situational player, but I think Coleman is ahead of him at the moment.

YardRat
08-22-2010, 08:25 AM
I haven't been impressed with Ellis. Have to keep a closer eye on him at the weakside this Saturday.

NextbillsQB
08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I haven't been impressed with Ellis. Have to keep a closer eye on him at the weakside this Saturday.

Ellis has done great. Never getting beat in pass coverage and getting decent pressure, he also is doing well at stopping the run

WeAreArthurMoates
08-22-2010, 12:58 PM
It could be real good that Torbor got injured. IMO, Ellis has looked the best at OLB cause he's well rounded.

Nighthawk
08-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Ellis has done very well for a guy learning a new position and I saw him put a ton of pressure on the QB the other night. I'm very intrigues by his potential in the new 3-4.

BillsWin
08-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Id like to see some sacks out of him this weekend. I dont think the Bengals have looked very good in pass protection.

tampabay25690
08-22-2010, 07:35 PM

Have you watched any of the 1st 2 games???
WOW he has been 1 of the bright spots on the Defense...

bigbub2352
08-22-2010, 08:00 PM
pass rush pass rush pass rush

kelsay provides none and neither does torber

Coleman and Ellis give us the best shot at getting to QB so they need to be getting there reps...goes for maybin too

I like torber and all but we need to see what we got with these other guys too and kelsay has proven for the better part of 7 years he sucks and is overpaid

let the kids play see what u got

Nighthawk
08-22-2010, 08:03 PM
pass rush pass rush pass rush

kelsay provides none and neither does torber

Coleman and Ellis give us the best shot at getting to QB so they need to be getting there reps...goes for maybin too

I like torber and all but we need to see what we got with these other guys too and kelsay has proven for the better part of 7 years he sucks and is overpaid

let the kids play see what u got

True and maybe they should try Moats there...that's what he is most comfortable doing...getting after the QB.

bigbub2352
08-22-2010, 08:05 PM
True and maybe they should try Moats there...that's what he is most comfortable doing...getting after the QB.

completely agree we got to do something to get to the qb and kelsay and torbor scare nobody

YardRat
08-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Have you watched any of the 1st 2 games???
WOW he has been 1 of the bright spots on the Defense...

Yes. Haven't noticed him, but haven't focused on him either.

stuckincincy
08-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Id like to see some sacks out of him this weekend. I dont think the Bengals have looked very good in pass protection.

Their starting LT Whitworth will likely miss the game with a thumb injury, and chief back-up A. Collins has been out through the pre-season so far.

They will probably have to swing over a RT. 350 lb Dennis Roland is the odds-on choice, so...

They have done fairly well in the preseason, IMO re pass protection. They are recent proponents of the right-side unbalanced line, and the safeties (and LBs) need to watch for off-tackle plays and short, behind-the-line string-out run plays with a quick dart upfield. If Benson or Scott get a crack, they are good for 20+ yards.

If Roland can't protect, I expect that they will run more than usual.

The BUF safties have a task ahead, with CIN's speed at wr, and rookies Gresham and Shipley doing a fair job in the 10+ middle.

CIN has a bit of a leg up by playing in the HOF game...this will be their 4th contest to evaluate things against competition. Against that, of course, is injury potential.

justasportsfan
08-24-2010, 01:25 PM
IMO , Tobors advantage over Ellis is knowledge and familiarity with both the system and DC. In time, Ellis should take that spot.