PDA

View Full Version : QB Update

HHURRICANE
08-22-2010, 10:30 AM
I'm not sure why you give Brohm mom up duty if he's really fighting for the #2 spot. I'll be curious to see what the rotation looks like this week. I think the Bills are going to keep all 3 QBs but leave the rotation as 1) Trent 2) Fitz 3) Brohm and pusk Brown down to the PS.

QB Update
In the first practice following the preseason win over Indianapolis Ryan Fitzpatrick was the second quarterback in the rotation after Trent Edwards during the 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 team segments. Brian Brohm followed Fitzpatrick. The two signal callers behind Edwards got an equal number of reps in the team segments.

“We’ll continue to rotate those guys through and evaluate that on a practice by practice, week by week situation,” said Gailey.

After having an opportunity to watch the game tape from Thursday night, Gailey was again asked to assess Brohm’s performance.

“Yeah, he did a good job,” Gailey said. “He did nothing that would make you think that he couldn’t do the job down the line. I was impressed with how he handled himself in the ball game. He made some good decisions and some good throws.”
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Practice-Notes---Day-16/96473fb6-10b5-4cf1-aeb9-1da0f331e087

psubills62
08-22-2010, 10:55 AM
As I mentioned before, it was interesting to note that they actually gave Brohm ANY reps. Considering before the 2nd preseason, what they did was alternate each practice - Fitz would get all the 2nd team reps one day, Brohm would get no reps, then Brohm would get all the 2nd team reps and Fitz none.

Now, on Brohm's off day they gave him equal reps to Fitz. If they do the same thing today, then it obviously doesn't mean much, but just something interesting.

better days
08-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah I totally agree with you HH. I think this is the way it will play out. I don't understand people that think the Bills should be worried about a team signing a 7th rnd pick from the Bills PS. That team would have to sign him to a contract & put him on their team cutting a player they already have & know.

SABURZFAN
08-22-2010, 02:39 PM
if somebody were to pick up Brown from the practice squad, would they have to keep him on their roster for the entire year?

psubills62
08-22-2010, 02:51 PM
if somebody were to pick up Brown from the practice squad, would they have to keep him on their roster for the entire year?

I think they have to keep the player on their roster for about 4 games if they snatch him from the practice squad.