PDA

View Full Version : Torell Troup, play by play breakdown

X-Era
08-22-2010, 02:58 PM
6:53, 2nd Qtr

1st and 10 at IND 19 (Shotgun) C.Painter pass deep right to T.Smith to BUF 43 for 38 yards (E.Lankster). Caught near sideline at BUF 48. Lines up over RG, #65. Pushes into the blocker and gets his hand up. Shows decent burst.

1st and 10 at BUF 43 (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Painter pass deep right to T.Smith for 43 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Caught in coverage at BUF 9. Penalty on BUF-E.Lankster, Defensive Pass Interference, declined. Lines up over LG, #62. Pushers into the blocker and drives him back. The blocker recovers.

A.Vinatieri extra point is GOOD, Center-J.Snow, Holder-P.McAfee. 21 21

G.Lindholm kicks 75 yards from IND 30 to BUF -5. C.Simpson pushed ob at BUF 28 for 33 yards (R.Fisher).

9:37, 3rd Qtr

1st and 10 at IND 16 J.James right tackle to IND 20 for 4 yards (J.McCargo, A.Moats). Lines up over LG, #62. Follows the motion to the right. #62 did a good job of blocking him on the run and Troup didnt get off the block until the runner was tackled. However, Troup stayed with the play and showed good quickness.

2nd and 6 at IND 20 J.James up the middle to IND 24 for 4 yards (A.Carrington, A.Moats). Again over #62, LG. Stands up and doesnt drive, he can see the run is coming up the middle. Doesnt get off his block to make the tackle. Needs to drive into the blocker and work to get off his block to make that tackle for a loss.

3rd and 2 at IND 24 C.Painter pass short right to T.Smith to IND 34 for 10 yards (E.Lankster). Caught at IND 30, crossing to middle. Does a nice job driving in between the C and LG to put pressure on the QB. Gets his hand up. The QB had already gotten rid of the ball when he got there due to a quick pass being called.

1st and 10 at IND 34 C.Painter pass incomplete short left to S.Giguere (A.Youboty). Receiver and breakup near sideline at IND 45. Drives the C back in the pocket. Rips himself free and runs toward the QB. However, the QB had already thrown the ball.

2nd and 10 at IND 34 D.Moore up the middle to IND 33 for -1 yards (C.Harris, A.Maybin). Gets contained by the C, #78 and seems to give up a bit. Doesn't get off the block.

3rd and 11 at IND 33 (Shotgun) C.Painter pass short left to J.James to IND 38 for 5 yards (A.Youboty). Caught in flat at IND 36. Not in this play.

4th and 6 at IND 38 P.McAfee punts 40 yards to BUF 22, Center-J.Tamme, fair catch by N.Roosevelt.

3:26, 3rd Qtr

1st and 10 at IND 20 T.Hiller in at QB. T.Hiller scrambles up the middle to IND 29 for 9 yards (A.Moats). Double teamed by the RG and C. Still drives them back a bit and gets off the block. Appears to cause Hiller to change plans and run. He didnt split the double team, he got off the block long enough to be considered a threat to sack Hiller. McCargo actually flushed him out from behind.

2nd and 1 at IND 29 D.Moore right tackle pushed ob at BUF 49 for 22 yards (D.Harris). Followed the play to the right. Seems to get his feet caught up a bit, the runner, #45, goes right by him. Needs to use his quickness to get to the ball carrier.

1st and 10 at BUF 49 D.Moore left tackle to BUF 47 for 2 yards (C.Ellis, A.Maybin). Gets pushed back by the C and falls over #65, the LG.

2nd and 8 at BUF 47 D.Moore left tackle to 50 for -3 yards (A.Maybin, A.Carrington). Follows the play pretty well and dodges the block by the RT. Stays on his feet and was in position if Maybin or Carrington blows the tackle.

3rd and 11 at 50 T.Hiller pass incomplete short left to B.James (A.Youboty). Receiver and coverage at BUF 45. Not in on this play.

4th and 11 at 50 P.McAfee punts 38 yards to BUF 12, Center-J.Snow, downed by IND-C.Glenn.

12:04, 4th Qtr

1st and 10 at IND 34 J.James left guard to IND 35 for 1 yard (A.Moats, R.Duncan). Takes a good angle and gets off the block but appears to be too late to get to the ball carrier.

2nd and 9 at IND 35 (Shotgun) T.Hiller pass incomplete short right to G.Robinson. Dropped, receiver at IND 37. Nice job using a rip type move on the LG. He gets by and and gets his hand up. But the QB threw the ball quickly.

3rd and 9 at IND 35 (Shotgun) T.Hiller pass incomplete short left to J.Tamme. Overthrown, receiver in flat at IND 48. Not in on this play.

4th and 9 at IND 35 P.McAfee punts 51 yards to BUF 14, Center-J.Snow. N.Roosevelt to BUF 14 for no gain (R.Humber).

9:56, 4th Qtr

1st and 10 at IND 34 (Shotgun) T.Hiller sacked at IND 24 for -10 yards (D.Harris). FUMBLES (D.Harris), RECOVERED by BUF-A.Moats at IND 24. A.Moats to IND 22 for 2 yards. Not in this play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

X-Era
08-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Overall: Troup looked tentative in this game. He showed some strength and adequate quickness. But, he didn't drive enough and seemed to struggle with getting off his blocks. I wont say its a lack of intensity, it looked more like the game was a bit too fast for him at this point. The talent is there, he needs to turn it up a notch, diagnose a bit quicker, and do a better job getting off his blocks.

ServoBillieves
08-22-2010, 03:13 PM
In the 3-4 it seems he's doing his job in eating up blocks and space, but we'll see how that translates to the real games. Good job keeping an eye on him.

SABURZFAN
08-22-2010, 05:09 PM
he'll get better as time goes on. good job, X-Era. :up:

superbills
08-22-2010, 07:14 PM
I've got high hopes for this guy. I like his game and if the can bring it consistently, he will be productive. Nice job X-Era :up:

HopefulBillsFan
08-23-2010, 01:02 AM
great post, love the summary. only so much my eyes can catch in one viewing.

Beebe's Kid
08-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Thanks, X. These are very interesting to read. I am a Troup fan, and think he'll be fine.

Your Meredith report was very good as well.

Thanks for the good work, and please, keep them coming!

X-Era
08-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks, X. These are very interesting to read. I am a Troup fan, and think he'll be fine.

Your Meredith report was very good as well.

Thanks for the good work, and please, keep them coming!

I probably will, It's getting close to the start of the college season and I still have some work to do for the Draft Guide. But, I probably will.