PDA

View Full Version : Bills' DBs out to put T.O. on ice

shelby
08-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Do you feel their confidence is warranted?

You can say this for the Buffalo Bills secondary: It's a confident bunch. With the Bills hosting Cincinnati on Saturday at Ralph Wilson Stadium, cornerback Drayton Florence and safety Donte Whitner used their Twitter accounts to communicate with Bengals wide receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco.
Florence tweeted, "Batman and Robin a comin 2 the Ralph. So call me 'Mr. Freeze' this week. I wanna hear yal on 3rd down @ the Ralph #1secondarynthaNFL."
In case you didn't know, Owens and Ochocinco refer to themselves as Batman (Owens) and Robin (Ochocinco), and Mr. Freeze is a nemesis of the caped crusader.
"That's for the whole secondary, not just me," Florence said after practice Sunday morning. "For this week, address us by Mr. Freeze. We're just going to go out and try to shut them down."
Whitner's tweet to Owens and Ochocinco referred to the Bills' 34-21 win over Indianapolis last Thursday: "Hey @terrellowens and @OGOchoCinco did u guys watch our Indy Film yet? Hope so, have a great day guys."
"It's all a lot of fun, but when we go out there on the football field we expect to go out there and have a great showing against those guys," Whitner said Sunday. "We feel like we're one of the top secondaries in the National Football League and we have to go out and show it each and every Sunday."
Florence and Whitner have a right to boast, especially after last season.
The Bills' pass defense ranked second in the NFL in yards allowed (184.2 per game), interceptions (28) and passer rating by opposing quarterbacks (61.1).

read more.. (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article169625.ece)

Dujek
08-23-2010, 06:30 AM
Oh look, Whitner running his mouth again.

And if they did watch the tape on Florence all they'll have seen from the Indy game was a bunch of holding calls...

DraftBoy
08-23-2010, 07:37 AM
They have made one total INT (starter wise) and are without their best cover guy (Byrd) and even more importantly its the friggin preseason.

Shut up and play football you idiots.

The King
08-23-2010, 07:44 AM
Think TO will get a welcome reception? I mean the guy was all class while he was here... he just wasn't able to contribute, hardly his fault.

Saratoga Slim
08-23-2010, 07:57 AM
They have made one total INT (starter wise) and are without their best cover guy (Byrd) and even more importantly its the friggin preseason.

Shut up and play football you idiots.

Typically, I'd 100% agree with you. But since it's been like a hundred years since anyone on our roster showed any kind of confidence, I am kind of happy to see that.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-23-2010, 08:01 AM
I hope TO gets jacked up, hit stick style

trapezeus
08-23-2010, 08:17 AM
yeah, TO should get a nice welcome.

Michael82
08-23-2010, 08:28 AM
Think TO will get a welcome reception? I mean the guy was all class while he was here... he just wasn't able to contribute, hardly his fault.
It depends on who's there. There was a lot of fans that went to the games just to see TO and bought his jersey. Those fans will cheer for him. But the crazy, beer drinking, diehard Bills fans will probably boo him.

more cowbell
08-23-2010, 01:13 PM
LOL...Donte Whitner is going to look like a fool....YET again...can we please not re-sign this ass clown? God does he suck.

Ebenezer
08-23-2010, 01:14 PM
It's a preseason game. Palmer is going to through one bomb to Owens and then both will hit the bench.

don137
08-23-2010, 01:24 PM
It's a preseason game. Palmer is going to through one bomb to Owens and then both will hit the bench.
Usually the third preseason game the starters play into the third quarter. I could see a couple bombs thrown their way.
I have no problem with the smack talk. Does not seem to be in bad taste. I think they are just having fun especially against a former teammate.

Ebenezer
08-23-2010, 01:28 PM
Usually the third preseason game the starters play into the third quarter. I could see a couple bombs thrown their way.
I have no problem with the smack talk. Does not seem to be in bad taste. I think they are just having fun especially against a former teammate.

I'm not disagreeing. I think the fans are making more out of it than needed, that's all.

OpIv37
08-23-2010, 01:29 PM

I don't have a problem with smack talk on the field.

I don't personally like it or do it when I play sports, but some people use it to simultaneously pump themselves up while getting in their opponents' heads, and some people have fun with it, so I can live with it.

I hate the public smack talk through the media or the Internet. It just motivates the competition, and Whitner usually ends up looking like a fool when he doesn't live up to the talk. I'm trying to back off of him because I actually thought he played well against the Colts, but he's really making it hard for me.

HAMMER
08-23-2010, 02:07 PM
There is no room for **** talk at this point, dumb jock.

Prov401
08-23-2010, 05:24 PM
I think this is just fun pre-season smack talk between former teamates. If anybody remembers, Ochocinco came out a few weeks back and called out Whitner for that hit he laid on him a couple of years ago. If this was the regular season, or wasn't prevoked by a former teamate in silly fun, then I would be angry. Let's just hope we can back it up.

JD
08-23-2010, 05:44 PM
I hope TO gets jacked up, hit stick style
OuchoCinco style ala Whitner?

NextbillsQB
08-23-2010, 06:09 PM
Both were graded F bye me last week lol. Whitner wants them to look at the tape and they will see 3 messed up plays bye him

Mike13
08-23-2010, 10:15 PM
Its Ocho they have to worry about

YardRat
08-23-2010, 10:28 PM
At least it wasn't Lankster or Corner doing the yappin'.

NextbillsQB
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
At least it wasn't Lankster or Corner doing the yappin'.

Yeah but the way Whitner and Florence have played its a .000001 step up on the bragging rights scale

BuffaloBlitz83
08-23-2010, 11:44 PM
If it's one bomb to Owens, it will be dropped. Come on, you know this. He'll be open too

DMBcrew36
08-24-2010, 10:00 AM
If it's one bomb to Owens, it will be dropped. Come on, you know this. He'll be open too

That's not what I saw in Cinci's last preseason game against the Eagles. I saw him catch a very tough long ball along the sidelines with a guy draped right over him.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-24-2010, 10:08 AM
That's not what I saw in Cinci's last preseason game against the Eagles. I saw him catch a very tough long ball along the sidelines with a guy draped right over him.

Hello, he drops the easy ones where her's wide open! Owens is a tool

trapezeus
08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
TO concentrates when he's into the game. he still drops occassional passes. however, in buffalo, by week 3 he just didn't care. he lost all faith, and that's why the drops were even more magnified.

As for the trashtalk, i find it funny in the fact that they are talking before a preseason game. But it is annoying that whitner rarely delivers on his trash talk.

if i was TO or Ochocinco, i'd tell write back on twitter, "i'm sure you will knock us out, but try not to do it 5 yards deep in the middle of my touchdown dance."

I'm over whitner. In 10 years when we look back on this awful stretch of bills football, whitner will still rank as a bigger disappointment than Maybin. and we all know maybin will be a gigantic disappointment.

The Popcorn
08-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Ocho Uno will make you Bills fans wish Buffalo would have re-signed him.