X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bosco
    • Aug 2004

Directv to Sell Sunday Ticket to Non-Subscribers

DIRECTV next month plans to sell an online version of the NFL Sunday Ticket to non-subscribers for the first time in its history.

Customers must prove they are not able to access DIRECTV from their residence.

To get DIRECTV, a customer must be able to install a dish with a clear view of the southern skies.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Directv to Sell Sunday Ticket to Non-Subscribers

Interesting idea, I have no interest in taking part of it...kinda ****ty that you must be unable to get DirecTV in the first place.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Why bother making people prove they can't get DTV? If they want it online, sell it to them.

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Interesting idea, I have no interest in taking part of it...kinda ****ty that you must be unable to get DirecTV in the first place.

That's me, and one of the reasons I have Comcast. We were originally going to get DirecTV, but our apartment faces east and slightly north. And a month before we were going to have it installed, our apartment complex made a rule that any dishes have to be freestanding on our balcony.

This is something I would normally look into, but I'm planning on donating to XS_Sports' website and watch the games on there. I can pretty much guarantee it's less expensive.
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ChristopherWalken
          • Dec 2002

Kind of gay. Either sell it online or don't.

For those that already bought it on DirecTV, give it to them for free. Sell service to anyone else interested.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62

That's me, and one of the reasons I have Comcast. We were originally going to get DirecTV, but our apartment faces east and slightly north. And a month before we were going to have it installed, our apartment complex made a rule that any dishes have to be freestanding on our balcony.

This is something I would normally look into, but I'm planning on donating to XS_Sports' website and watch the games on there. I can pretty much guarantee it's less expensive.
            Oh its me as well but having been a former DirecTV customer I do not wish to deal with them anymore. I lost my service constantly during storms and received nowhere near the customer service others have. I have no doubt there are some good deals to be had but Ill stick with cable from now on.
            COMING SOON...

Comment

• BAM
              • Sep 2003

Wow... and for only $350

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

i did it last year as they tested it in NYC. It was nice to not have to go to a bar to watch it. and at the cost per game, it was cheaper than getting food and drink at a loud bar with a bad angle on the TV.

the mobile app to watch on your iphone is a total dud and a total waste of time.

The fact that it's a nonHD feed is kind of ridiculous. I'm not sure if they've since changed that for this year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  i did it last year as they tested it in NYC. It was nice to not have to go to a bar to watch it. and at the cost per game, it was cheaper than getting food and drink at a loud bar with a bad angle on the TV.
                  You see I go to a Bills bar for the games so I always get a good view of the game and get to sit with my fellow fans so I love my bar and would never go for something like this. But Ive also been to the ****ty sports bar where they have every game on and nobody can see anything.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

yeah, i used to do that, but with the current state of the bills, going down to that bar is a pain. if i can just plop down in front of my own computer and watch it in silence, i'd rather do that. it's just the convenience factor for me and in the end, it is cheaper. although this year, i plan on attending a bunch of the games again, so it probably won't be cheaper than going to a bar. but i do like my conveniences.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Oh its me as well but having been a former DirecTV customer I do not wish to deal with them anymore. I lost my service constantly during storms and received nowhere near the customer service others have. I have no doubt there are some good deals to be had but Ill stick with cable from now on.
                      I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Direct TV. As a long time customer of theirs, I can say poor service is unusual for them.

As for losing signal in a storm, you must have had a bad install. I live in S.W. Fla & very rarely lose signal in even the worst storms. I lost it much more often with Comcast Cable & for longer durations.

Comment

• THRILLHO
                        This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                        Why bother making people prove they can't get DTV? If they want it online, sell it to them.

PTR
                        I am sure the reason plenty of people have Direct TV is specifically for the Sunday Ticket. All those people would ditch DTV for a cheaper carrier (Dish) and just buy it online.
                        True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Add this to the scam that is Sunday Ticket.

Why should I have to prove it? Sure I can get it. I would also be sacrificing my local channels altogether, let alone in HD which Time Warner and Dish both provide to my area.

I hate DTV.

D & S Sports

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                            • Jun 2005

Sorry to hear that DB. Im also a LONG time Direct TV customer since days of Primestar and I must say their customer service is outstanding and I agree with other poster your dish wasnt aligned right, that did happen to me after my move and I called and they had someone out the next day to align it right and been fine since then.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              Add this to the scam that is Sunday Ticket.

Why should I have to prove it? Sure I can get it. I would also be sacrificing my local channels altogether, let alone in HD which Time Warner and Dish both provide to my area.

I hate DTV.
                              Direct TV has locals now. And Direct TV has the most HD. How come you cant get it all from Direct tv?

Comment

Working...
                              X