PDA

View Full Version : Got to hang out with Andre Reed, Nate Odomes, and more last weekend (pics)

Coach Sal
08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
I attended a fundraiser last weekend for the Gulf Coast, held at the Hard Rock in Biloxi, MS. The event raised money for charities along the Mississippi coast and to help with the oil spill cleanup.

While there, I got a chance to meet and hang out with former Bills Andre Reed and Nate Odomes, as well as Otis Nixon, John Rocker, Scott Erickson, and more! Also, the Kyle Turley Band (yes, THAT Kyle Turley and HIS band.....I didn't know!) performed, along with former American Idol finalist Bo Bice.

It was obviously a great time....and a great cause, too. I told Andre we need to help him get into the Hall. He actually said, "you better be there" when he gets in! That was awesome! I even got him to get on my phone and leave one of my friends a message on his voicemail (I can only imagine what he thought when he heard it)!

I posted pics over at my SalSports Facebook page:
http://tiny.cc/cc6dl

YardRat
08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Nice.

PromoTheRobot
08-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Any chance Kyle Turley wants to come out of retirement and join the Bills?

PTR

Crisis
08-24-2010, 01:17 AM
john rocker? really?

Coach Sal
08-24-2010, 05:18 AM
john rocker? really?

Well, he was there. So, I had to snap a shot with him.

I actually met him while he was playing with the Rangers when they had spring training near my house. I was a bartender at a sports bar the players would come to at night....and he remembered that.

Ickybaluky
08-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Any chance Kyle Turley wants to come out of retirement and join the Bills?

I heard Turley lost a ton of weight because of his back issues. I remember he wanted to convert to TE at the end of his career and was down to 260#. I think he is much less than that now.

OpIv37
08-24-2010, 07:30 AM
john rocker? really?

are you really surprised that John Rocker is from Mississippi?