X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Extremebillsfan247
    • Sep 2008

Gailey snaps back at heckling fans

When the final training camp practice came to a close, Chan Gailey after briefly addressing his team, made a purposeful walk to the stands where he admonished a small group of fans that were heckling the players, most notably Trent Edwards.
    Gailey pointed right at them and said that the players would not be coming to sign autographs for them because, “If you dog one of us, you dog all of us.”
    Gailey then walked away without another word.

Read more here...

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Gailey snaps back at heckling fans

Good for Chan. That's a great way to support your players, and a good kick in the ass to a bunch of arrogant *****s.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I took my nephew from Pitts to the bills camp. He wanted the starting QB to sign his football so I had to reach over to let Trent autograph it. As soon as he did , he returned it to the kid closest to him
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-24-2010, 11:46 AM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• shelby
        The Vanilla *****
        • Jul 2002

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Heckling is part of the game, it gets annoying and people go over board but playing the over protective dad role doesnt really do much. If he thinks its bad at Bills camp, wait till he gets to Foxboro, or Landshark.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Heckling is part of the game, it gets annoying and people go over board but playing the over protective dad role doesnt really do much. If he thinks its bad at Bills camp, wait till he gets to Foxboro, or Landshark.
            I think it's one thing to expect that on the road, but to have it from your own fans is ridiculous.

I know that Ricky Williams had to address it a few days ago during Dolphins camp - people heckling players if they mess up or asking dumb questions during practice.

It may be a generational thing - this next crop of fans feel like they're entitled to do it?
            Last edited by methos4ever; 08-24-2010, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

HAHA how ignorant. Heckling is NOT part of the game at your own practices...this really isnt a big deal though. I am glad he is standing up for his players though.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Really. I take a dim view of a multi-millioinaire insulting his paying public in any way.

Without the folks paying for entertainment - certainly not a necessity in their lives - Gailey might be a Walmart greeter.
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BAM
                  • Sep 2003

I am loving the fresh new attitude I'm seeing from the new organization. Hope it translates to the playing field when it really counts.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    HAHA how ignorant. Heckling is NOT part of the game at your own practices...this really isnt a big deal though. I am glad he is standing up for his players though.
                    Ignorant how? Look at this very board on any post about Edwards, Whitner, or countless other players?

Fans have their favorites and they will heckle the ones they don't like same team or not.

See any Brohm/Fitz/Edwards thread.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Really. I take a dim view of a multi-millioinaire insulting his paying public in any way.

Without the folks paying for entertainment - certainly not a necessity in their lives - Gailey might be a Walmart greeter.

Hecking in show biz is as old as the hills.
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• trapezeus
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Oct 2004

if your boss steps up for you, it makes a difference at anything you do.

jauron was such a theoretical football coach he didn't think it mattered.

but you see players past and present talk about the pressure of playing in the NFL. it has to be nice to know that your boss says, "i'll be the one to judge how he's doing, shut your mouth."

plus who are these fans that come out trash the players, and then expect to get autographs.

the bills may still have a totally lackluster year this year, but they seem to be on a ship that actually stays afloat.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by methos4ever
                          I think it's one thing to expect that on the road, but to have it from your own fans is ridiculous.

I know that Ricky Williams had to address it a few days ago during Dolphins camp - people heckling players if they mess up or asking dumb questions during practice.

It may be a generational thing - this next crop of fans feel like their entitled to do it?
                          See fans on this very site ranging in age from 60+ down to 15 or 16, and they have favorites and haze/heckle the **** out of the ones they don't like. How can we suddenly expect that attitude to magically be different because its a practice?

You're assuming most fans are mature and rational, while Id argue that most are actually the exact opposite.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

See fans on this very site ranging in age from 60+ down to 15 or 16, and they have favorites and haze/heckle the **** out of the ones they don't like. How can we suddenly expect that attitude to magically be different because its a practice?
                            Practice should be different ... live heckling is just rude and pointless. There's something to be said for decorum.

Props to Chan.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Ignorant how? Look at this very board on any post about Edwards, Whitner, or countless other players?

Fans have their favorites and they will heckle the ones they don't like same team or not.

See any Brohm/Fitz/Edwards thread.
                              I realize that people have their favorites, but it is a tad ignorant to say that "heckling is a part of the game" (when this occurred at PRACTICE) and then somehow compare our practice to playing at playing somewhere against a division rival...theres a difference between s***ing on a player on a message board and then going and loudly heckling them while they're trying to learn, and do so enough that the coaches out on the field find it distracting.

Comment

Working...
                              X