PDA

View Full Version : Practice Notes - Day 19

justasportsfan
08-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Head coach Chan Gailey felt that Trent Edwards improved as camp went along, but believes that was the case for all his signal callers.

“He got better,” said Gailey of Edwards. “The good thing is all of them got better all the way down to Levi. Levi got better. If you can practice this long and not get better something is wrong with you. I feel like we got better with all four of them and they all made solid strides.”

“I feel more comfortable in the huddle,” said Edwards. “I feel more comfortable with the guys around me. There are plays that Chan calls that we’ve ran before and we’ve talked about. Early on in the preseason and in training camp, you’re hearing calls for the first time. Now that we’ve gotten through it a couple of times, it’s nice that you’re getting in rhythm with guys. I really feel like we’re progressing in the right direction.”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Practice-Notes---Day-19/9ba0d5c4-2ad0-45ba-b548-b8a03cfdbac9

justasportsfan
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Gailey identifies some camp surprises
Chris Brown
Posted August 24, 2010 – 12:41 pm
Tags: 2010 Verizon Wireless Bills training camp, Chan Gailey
Bills head coach Chan Gailey was asked about a few players that were positive surprises in the camp setting.

Gailey is not a big fan of singling out players, but accommodated the media member that asked about some guys that flashed in the receiving corps.

“David Nelson was a pleasant surprise,” said Gailey. ”Even Naaman Roosevelt went out and did some things that were good for all of camp. We’ve got some good players to work with. We’ve got to develop them.”
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/24/gailey-identifies-some-camp-surprises/

justasportsfan
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
:up:

Offensively, Roscoe Parrish had a pair of touchdowns during red zone work on throw by Edwards and Levi Brown and has put together a promising camp that has Gailey eager to make use of him in the offense.

“I’m excited,” said Gailey. “I’m not just comfortable, I’m excited about what Roscoe Parrish is going to bring to our football team. We’re going to work to try to make sure he’s a major part of this offense.”

JD
08-24-2010, 02:56 PM
Congrats Roscoe! I love that lil man!

Pinkerton Security
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Congrats Roscoe! I love that lil man!

i think we all know he isnt your prototypical receiver, but we also all know what he can do in space...give this guy more opportunities in the open field and it will make us more explosive and more exciting to watch, which is something I'm really hoping for out of Gailey's offense...yeah we're probably gonna suck this year but at least lets be exciting!!

superbills
08-24-2010, 03:17 PM
So the under-utilized Roscoe Parrish is going to see more touches? Will wonders never cease!

trapezeus
08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
will a more often used Roscoe withstand the rigors of nfl punishment?

in the 5-1 season, roscoe was used early in the season. he was injured in the fourth game.

The more you use the little guy, the more risk you have in not having him available.

psubills62
08-24-2010, 05:11 PM
I'll still be surprised if Parrish does much of anything. If he proves me wrong, I sure won't mind.

The last buffalo fan
08-24-2010, 05:31 PM
:bf1: good for Roscoe, good for us Bills Fans! :beers:

Beebe's Kid
08-24-2010, 05:44 PM
will a more often used Roscoe withstand the rigors of nfl punishment?

in the 5-1 season, roscoe was used early in the season. he was injured in the fourth game.

The more you use the little guy, the more risk you have in not having him available.

Injuries are going to happen. The thing about Roscoe is, if not put to work in a system that clearly had no regards for it's players strengths, he could use his speed to help the team and to avoid injury.

You can't teach speed, and it is hard as hell to defend. Gailey also knows you don't just pick up speed off the waiver wire mid-season. I always joke about it, but Roscoe has kept me alive in Madden the last few years. Him in the slot with an LB or a NB covering him spells trouble. That and the slant route. Both seemed like no brainers to me, but apparently Dick and AVP had other ideas.

I was encouraged by Evans' quotes about Roscoe's maturity the other day. I am quick to beat up Dick (Boom) but there may have been issues we don't know about in the locker room too.