PDA

View Full Version : I have to believe that Hardy is still getting cut.

HHURRICANE
08-25-2010, 08:00 AM
He looked terrible in camp, he's injured, and there is no way that Evans, Jacskon, Neslon, Johnson, and Parrish aren't ahead of him.

How many WRs do we carry?

He's in the bottom group with Huggins, Jones, and Roosevelt.

If easley doesn't get hurt, Hardy status would be set.

Thoughts?

Mahdi
08-25-2010, 08:20 AM
Hardy will make it purely because of his draft status, size and potential. All those receivers you mentioned are ahead of him at this point. He is #6 at best. That doesn't mean he can't change things with a good showing in the last two preseason games and practices.

trapezeus
08-25-2010, 08:22 AM
i have no opinion on whether he is or isn't getting cut.

but if he does get cut, it will be interesting if he lasts out there. do others run to the fools gold, or is he pretty much left to his own devices with teams looking for a better option out there.

psubills62
08-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Hardy won't make it. I have a feeling he won't be the only big WR from that draft class who will get cut.

superbills
08-25-2010, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut. He certainly isn't doing us any good since he can't seem to even get on the field. I would personally prefer that we hold on to Roosevelt or Jackson rather than keep Hardy on the roster.

Mahdi
08-25-2010, 08:58 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut. He certainly isn't doing us any good since he can't seem to even get on the field. I would personally prefer that we hold on to Roosevelt or Jackson rather than keep Hardy on the roster.
Jackson is a lock and Roosevelt will either be on the team or PS.

mightysimi
08-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Hardy won't make it. I have a feeling he won't be the only big WR from that draft class who will get cut.

I'd bet that Malcolm Kelly is out in Washington too.

psubills62
08-25-2010, 10:06 AM
I'd bet that Malcolm Kelly is out in Washington too.

And if Sweed isn't gone this year, he will be shortly.

Hogwasher
08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Hardy just isnt good enough. Its not like he is a super talent gone bust.

Dujek
08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
He'll be gone simply because I think the Bills will only keep 5 wr and hold on to an extra rb this year.

PromoTheRobot
08-25-2010, 10:28 AM
He looked terrible in camp, he's injured, and there is no way that Evans, Jacskon, Neslon, Johnson, and Parrish aren't ahead of him.

How many WRs do we carry?

He's in the bottom group with Huggins, Jones, and Roosevelt.

If easley doesn't get hurt, Hardy status would be set.

Thoughts?
Huggins was waived weeks ago. So it's Hardy, Jones and Roosevelt for the #6 spot. My take: Jones wins, Roosevelt to PS, Hardy gone!

PTR

DBrown77
08-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I hope Hardy does get cut. Cant stay healthy.

The coaching staff now didnt draft him, so it should be no biggie to them

jimbohastle51
08-25-2010, 10:44 AM
2 UDFA players will make the team as its obvious that the bills have no intentions of bringing vets in to replace injuries and would rather play and develope rookies and call this year a wash. in my opinion the obvious recievers to make the team are (in order): evans, johnson, parrish, jackson, nelson (depending on injury), roosevelt. i see jones making it if nelson's injury turns out to be nagging. they wont leave a roster spot open for a UDFA if there is a injury concern. roosevelt has been brings more on special teams than jones as he is a return man as well as special teams. jones can play special teams but is in no way the return man roosevelt is and that makes him able to play more positions and to be honest when we are talking a 6th reciever spot its more about what you can do on special teams than recieving skills, and being about to cover kicks and be a dangerous return man (as he as showed especially in his first preseason game) gives him the edge.

jimbohastle51
08-25-2010, 10:46 AM
He'll be gone simply because I think the Bills will only keep 5 wr and hold on to an extra rb this year.

i think they keep 4 rbs as its obvious bell is making team and 6 recievers, they will go with 1 less DB in my opinion, weather its a safety or corner.

bigbub2352
08-25-2010, 10:57 AM
i think he gets cut...new regime new philosphy...he was out played when healthy...move on

i think we keep 6 WRs
Evans
Parrish
Jackson
Johnson
Nelson
Roosevelt

if not Roosevelt goes to PS along with Donald Jones

Its time to start cutting these bums that contribute nothing
move on get other propects in here

Jan Reimers
08-25-2010, 10:58 AM
David Nelson has had a better camp, as has Chad Jackson. Parrish and Johnson are making it behind Lee Evans, as well. Jones and Roosevelt have also looked good.

Goodbye, James.

trapezeus
08-25-2010, 11:16 AM
the guy wants to be a model anyways, let him model away.

Dujek
08-25-2010, 11:52 AM
the guy wants to be a model anyways, let him model away.

Is that we he looks so statuesque on the field when he should be running routes? Posing for the cameras?

stuckincincy
08-25-2010, 01:26 PM
[QUOTE=Mahdi]Hardy will make it purely because of his draft status.

I think so. CIN's in the exact same boat with their '08 #2 - Jerome Simpson (who?).

$$$ owed keeps him on the roster. The only way he could run a pattern is if you were allowed to use the striping machine to map it out for him. One regular season catch. I think he has 5 pre-season catches this year - one notable. Spectacular leap to prematurely snag a rt. sideline pass. Five years short on 3rd down, and he hopped about wondering why it wasn't a 1st. Oh brother. :whoosh:

I know folks like to say that FOs know more that the fans. I'm not so sure - there's a lot of self-centered ego working. BUF fans' jaw drop over WMG...Whitner...McCargo. CIN fans' jaw drop over Chris Perry, Kenny Irons, Simpson and then last years' #6 - tub of goo LT Andre Smith who held out, proceeded to break his foot 2nd day of practice and finally got action over camp-long inactivity because of "conditioning". He played some RT against PHI and was beaten on pass protection. LT my eye. Gawd,I was surprised he saw any game time - IMO they were worried he would croak and they would be sued.

The BUF organization is far from unique in screwing up.

Bmax
08-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Not so fast my friends....If Hardy plays well in the last two games .. he should make the team...Jones has not shown he is any better at all....

Roosevelt might have a shot to beat him out.. The injuries have not helped him at all...I'm sure pats fans were saying the same thing about Jackson when he was struggling in New england...I would rather have Hardy on the roster than Jones...

If he is cut Roosevelt will be on the roster not Jones..

Bmax...

Luisito23
08-26-2010, 12:38 AM
If Maybin could make the team than Hardy should too. If they're both worthless this season you cut both losses. (Add Whitner, Edwards, and Lynch)

Mad Max
08-26-2010, 01:46 AM
Pretty close call, almost a toss up but I think the fact that he's been hurt actually helps him. He is still an unknown. Add that to the fact that, the WR position takes as much time as the QB position to really gel, and that you can't teach 6-5 220 and I think he gets one more season.

Buffalogic
08-26-2010, 02:47 AM
I smell cut.

psubills62
08-26-2010, 08:34 AM
If Maybin could make the team than Hardy should too. If they're both worthless this season you cut both losses. (Add Whitner, Edwards, and Lynch)

Why the heck are you bringing up Maybin? He's not getting cut. Hardy has a very, very good chance to.

Oh, and Whitner and Edwards' contracts expire after this season. So no need to cut...just don't re-sign.