PDA

View Full Version : Even though Hardy has sucked

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 08:05 AM
I wanted Limas Sweed that year and he has sucked too. Sooooo I guess I can't say what if...

hydro
08-25-2010, 08:07 AM
That whole WR class blows.

Mahdi
08-25-2010, 08:10 AM
That whole WR class blows.
Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson were taken after Hardy. I didn't include them in my what if thread because we all wanted Hardy and he was supposed to be the big receiver to complement Lee.

OpIv37
08-25-2010, 08:20 AM
In a sense, though, the FO dodged a bullet- many people wanted Hardy in the first round, and many draft analysts had him slotted there. So, while it looks like Hardy is a bust, he could be a Mike Williams-style colossal bust instead of a mere disappointment.

Mahdi
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM
In a sense, though, the FO dodged a bullet- many people wanted Hardy in the first round, and many draft analysts had him slotted there. So, while it looks like Hardy is a bust, he could be a Mike Williams-style colossal bust instead of a mere disappointment.
Interestingly, Mike Williams is actually looking really good in Seattle. Playing for his old Coach Carroll.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 08:24 AM

Could be worse... Many wanted to sign Earnest Wilford! Remember him?

ddaryl
08-25-2010, 08:25 AM
Hardy has been a dissapointment... He is rarely healthy.

superbills
08-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Yeah, it's tough to prove yourself when you can't stay on the field. Regardless, as was said before, that whole wide receiver class was underwhelming, in terms of what the Bills needed...a huge target to complement Evans. The talent just wasn't there although taking a flyer on Hardy in the 2nd, while now evident that it may not pan out, seemed like a good move at the time.

hydro
08-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Yeah, it's tough to prove yourself when you can't stay on the field. Regardless, as was said before, that whole wide receiver class was underwhelming, in terms of what the Bills needed...a huge target to complement Evans. The talent just wasn't there although taking a flyer on Hardy in the 2nd, while now evident that it may not pan out, seemed like a good move at the time.

There was no taking a flyer on Hardy. That term gets used way to much to down play something. If we took a flyer on Hardy then every pick in the draft is a flyer...

superbills
08-25-2010, 09:00 AM
There was no taking a flyer on Hardy. That term gets used way to much to down play something. If we took a flyer on Hardy then every pick in the draft is a flyer...

Perhaps "taking a flyer" isn't the way to phrase it, but Hardy and the other "big" receivers in that draft were hardly slam-dunks. I think that, if the Bills didn't have such a strong need for that type of player at that point in the draft, we might have passed on him and went in another direction. The values of these guys were inflated simply because teams in need didn't have much to choose from.

hydro
08-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Perhaps "taking a flyer" isn't the way to phrase it, but Hardy and the other "big" receivers in that draft were hardly slam-dunks. I think that, if the Bills didn't have such a strong need for that type of player at that point in the draft, we might have passed on him and went in another direction. The values of these guys were inflated simply because teams in need didn't have much to choose from.

Definitely a better way to put it. Sucks when a positions value is inflated because the whole isn't that strong.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
I remember wanting the kid from Oklahoma, Kelly or something, I guess not knowing his name shows me I was wrong too.

Jan Reimers
08-25-2010, 12:06 PM
I remember wanting the kid from Oklahoma, Kelly or something, I guess not knowing his name shows me I was wrong too.
Malcolm Kelly. He has sucked, too, and Devin Thomas hasn't done a lot yet, either.

acehole
08-25-2010, 12:13 PM
HARDY NEEDS TO BE CUT or turned into a TE.

Too many guys on this roster deserve a spot.

He is not a great guy as the bullet hole at his dads house would attest to.

Sends a memo to team that this is the NFL and you need produce or you are gone.

We have better talent in D Nelson for this type of WR.

I am tired of waiting...I want to win now ...

I wanted Limas Sweed that year and he has sucked too. Sooooo I guess I can't say what if...

better days
08-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Interestingly, Mike Williams is actually looking really good in Seattle. Playing for his old Coach Carroll.

In practice. Lets see how he plays against teams in real games. I think the Bills have a better HC in Chan, than Seattle does with Pete, JMO.

better days
08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Definitely a better way to put it. Sucks when a positions value is inflated because the whole isn't that strong.

That sounds like this years QB class & even so only 2 1st rnd picks. Next years QB class has to be better.

Lexwhat
08-25-2010, 01:15 PM
This is one time I don't have a strong reason to criticize the Bills F.O.

I was actually happy with the Hardy pick, even though I probably would have taken Malcolm Kelly. However, I might have actually taken Kelly in the 1st Round, so that doesn't make it much better.

Actually, I really believe that Malcolm Kelly will have a breakout season this year with McNabb, so it remains to be seen...

Anyway, one thing is for sure -- before Buddy Nix took over, I would have drafted better than the Bills. Just by reading Scouting magazines. That's a crying shame.