• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Even though Hardy has sucked

I wanted Limas Sweed that year and he has sucked too. Sooooo I guess I can't say what if...
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Even though Hardy has sucked

That whole WR class blows.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hydrosmak
      That whole WR class blows.
      Eddie Royal and Desean Jackson were taken after Hardy. I didn't include them in my what if thread because we all wanted Hardy and he was supposed to be the big receiver to complement Lee.
      Last edited by Mahdi; 08-25-2010, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

In a sense, though, the FO dodged a bullet- many people wanted Hardy in the first round, and many draft analysts had him slotted there. So, while it looks like Hardy is a bust, he could be a Mike Williams-style colossal bust instead of a mere disappointment.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          In a sense, though, the FO dodged a bullet- many people wanted Hardy in the first round, and many draft analysts had him slotted there. So, while it looks like Hardy is a bust, he could be a Mike Williams-style colossal bust instead of a mere disappointment.
          Interestingly, Mike Williams is actually looking really good in Seattle. Playing for his old Coach Carroll.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Could be worse... Many wanted to sign Earnest Wilford! Remember him?

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

Hardy has been a dissapointment... He is rarely healthy.

Comment

• superbills
                • Mar 2003

Yeah, it's tough to prove yourself when you can't stay on the field. Regardless, as was said before, that whole wide receiver class was underwhelming, in terms of what the Bills needed...a huge target to complement Evans. The talent just wasn't there although taking a flyer on Hardy in the 2nd, while now evident that it may not pan out, seemed like a good move at the time.
                "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                Ronald Reagan
                40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• hydro
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by superbills
                  Yeah, it's tough to prove yourself when you can't stay on the field. Regardless, as was said before, that whole wide receiver class was underwhelming, in terms of what the Bills needed...a huge target to complement Evans. The talent just wasn't there although taking a flyer on Hardy in the 2nd, while now evident that it may not pan out, seemed like a good move at the time.
                  There was no taking a flyer on Hardy. That term gets used way to much to down play something. If we took a flyer on Hardy then every pick in the draft is a flyer...
                  BERNIAC!

Comment

• superbills
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                    There was no taking a flyer on Hardy. That term gets used way to much to down play something. If we took a flyer on Hardy then every pick in the draft is a flyer...
                    Perhaps "taking a flyer" isn't the way to phrase it, but Hardy and the other "big" receivers in that draft were hardly slam-dunks. I think that, if the Bills didn't have such a strong need for that type of player at that point in the draft, we might have passed on him and went in another direction. The values of these guys were inflated simply because teams in need didn't have much to choose from.
                    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                    Ronald Reagan
                    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• hydro
                      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by superbills
                      Perhaps "taking a flyer" isn't the way to phrase it, but Hardy and the other "big" receivers in that draft were hardly slam-dunks. I think that, if the Bills didn't have such a strong need for that type of player at that point in the draft, we might have passed on him and went in another direction. The values of these guys were inflated simply because teams in need didn't have much to choose from.
                      Definitely a better way to put it. Sucks when a positions value is inflated because the whole isn't that strong.
                      BERNIAC!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

I remember wanting the kid from Oklahoma, Kelly or something, I guess not knowing his name shows me I was wrong too.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                          I remember wanting the kid from Oklahoma, Kelly or something, I guess not knowing his name shows me I was wrong too.
                          Malcolm Kelly. He has sucked, too, and Devin Thomas hasn't done a lot yet, either.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• acehole
                            • Jan 2006

HARDY NEEDS TO BE CUT or turned into a TE.

Too many guys on this roster deserve a spot.

He is not a great guy as the bullet hole at his dads house would attest to.

Sends a memo to team that this is the NFL and you need produce or you are gone.

We have better talent in D Nelson for this type of WR.

I am tired of waiting...I want to win now ...

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                            I wanted Limas Sweed that year and he has sucked too. Sooooo I guess I can't say what if...
                            Hated by the stupid..
                            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mahdi
                              Interestingly, Mike Williams is actually looking really good in Seattle. Playing for his old Coach Carroll.
                              In practice. Lets see how he plays against teams in real games. I think the Bills have a better HC in Chan, than Seattle does with Pete, JMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X