PDA

View Full Version : Plexico Burress: the perfect number 2

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Rumors of him getting out early for work release. Guy has always been talented. Instrumental in Giants SB run. He destroyed the GB secondary in that game alone. One of the best Red Zone threats in NFL still today if he returned.

Evans-Burress would be a great combo, and with his issues off field, he will look to play good boy and prove value to get a bigger deal eventually. Unlike Hardy, Plexico gets job done esp. in endzone.

If he returns to NFL soon, we better call him!

ddaryl
08-25-2010, 09:19 AM
do the giants not own his rights ?

do we want a thug on this team ?

Since he only shot himself I guess that's ok.... I really don't see the Bills even trying for a player with questionable background

Throne Logic
08-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Relax. Early work release still means 20 months in jail, which he won't reach until after this season ends. Besides, I don't believe he will be allowed to travel... it would give Buffalo a shot (pardon the pun) as he could remain in-state for OTAs...

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 09:37 AM
Giants don;'t have his rights. They cut him before he ended up going to jail

Hogwasher
08-25-2010, 09:44 AM
We could give him a shot. If he has shaken a leg and gotten in shape, it might work out, but i have a feeling we are shooting ourselves in the foot looking at him this late in the season.

ddaryl
08-25-2010, 09:52 AM
but i have a feeling we are shooting ourselves in the foot looking at him this late in the season.

rimshot (http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Music/Sound%20Effect%20-%20Rimshot.wav)

kelly2reed4six
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM
do the giants not own his rights ?

do we want a thug on this team ?

Since he only shot himself I guess that's ok.... I really don't see the Bills even trying for a player with questionable background

negative, they released him.

justasportsfan
08-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Pacman is free. Lets bring him in.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Pacman is free. Lets bring him in.

nope, he's a bengal

justasportsfan
08-25-2010, 10:33 AM
nope, he's a bengal
Are Lawrence Philipps and Travis Henry available?

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Who cares. If it doesn't workout, you cut him. And Burress is no where nerar the level as PacMan

don137
08-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Oh man Marshawn and Plaxico on Chippewa together. Now all we need to do is trade for Donte Stallworth. Can you imagine those three going out together? We can have Marshawn crashing into cars, Donte running over people and Plaxico getting excited and shooting himself.

John Doe
08-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Oh man Marshawn and Plaxico on Chippewa together. Now all we need to do is trade for Donte Stallworth. Can you imagine those three going out together? We can have Marshawn crashing into cars, Donte running over people and Plaxico getting excited and shooting himself.

Funniest post of the preseason!

Buffalogic
08-25-2010, 04:18 PM
The perfect number 2 cellmate. That is all.

NextbillsQB
08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
He would start imo

Demon
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Rumors of him getting out early for work release. Guy has always been talented. Instrumental in Giants SB run. He destroyed the GB secondary in that game alone. One of the best Red Zone threats in NFL still today if he returned.

Evans-Burress would be a great combo, and with his issues off field, he will look to play good boy and prove value to get a bigger deal eventually. Unlike Hardy, Plexico gets job done esp. in endzone.

If he returns to NFL soon, we better call him!

Good post my man. I was thinking the same thing. Burress was an elite WR in the NFL prior to him going to the slammer and most teams wouldn't risk bringing him in because the reward isn't worth the risk, however, for Buffalo, besides Evans, we have Steve Johnson who has been terrible in pre-season, Chad Johnson who has only played against 3rd stringers and still dropping catch-able balls, a midget in Roscoe, David Nelson who has missed 10 days/1 game due to injury and was an undrafted guy to begin with, and James Hardy who stinks! We have no other options. Burress would come in here, feel right at home as the #2 WR from the get-go.

Jan Reimers
08-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Burress is a tall, rather inflexible receiver with limited skills. He is, however, a legitimate red zone threat because of his size and leaping ability.

I would give him a shot, if only because we are so inadequate in the red zone.

don137
08-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Burress is a tall, rather inflexible receiver with limited skills. He is, however, a legitimate red zone threat because of his size and leaping ability.

I would give him a shot, if only because we are so inadequate in the red zone.
No question the Bills lack this type of receiver and hoped they were getting it with Hardy but it is starting to be apparent he will not be a quality NFL player. The question is can Nelson be that player. I would like Burress to be here on a one year contract.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-26-2010, 07:21 AM
No question the Bills lack this type of receiver and hoped they were getting it with Hardy but it is starting to be apparent he will not be a quality NFL player. The question is can Nelson be that player. I would like Burress to be here on a one year contract.

This is the NFL, every contract is virtually a 1 year deal, only thing set is the guaranteed signing bonus money

Bill Cody
08-26-2010, 11:19 AM
We could give him a shot.

I think he's already got that covered.

Ickybaluky
08-26-2010, 11:47 AM

Limited skills? He has over 500 career catches and 7,800 career yards, for a career 15.5 YPR and 55 TDs. He isn't elite, but he is (or was) a #1 WR in the NFL. That was his role on the Giants.

That said, he hasn't played football in a while, and even if he were to be granted work release (no sure thing) he isn't going to be eligible to play in the NFL again until 2011 season (assuming there is one). This thread should be saved until next spring.