PDA

View Full Version : greg camarillo traded to minnesota

CuseJetsFan83
08-25-2010, 01:22 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81a014f0/article/vikings-trade-cb-sapp-to-dolphins-in-exchange-for-wr-camarillo

The Minnesota Vikings (http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavikings/profile?team=MIN) made their second move in two days to shore up their wide receiving corps, acquiring veteran wideout Greg Camarillo (http://www.nfl.com/players/gregcamarillo/profile?id=CAM014486) from the Miami Dolphins (http://www.nfl.com/teams/miamidolphins/profile?team=MIA) on Wednesday in exchange for cornerback Benny Sapp (http://www.nfl.com/players/bennysapp/profile?id=SAP584685), a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora.

psubills62
08-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Vikings are doing what they can to insure Harvin and Rice.

They shouldn't be anywhere near as good as they were last year, in my opinion.

AustinTransplant
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Who do the Dolphins have that makes him expendable. #1 Marshall , #2 Bess, #3 (Was Camarillo)? I thought he was a good 3rd WR for them. We will soon see right.

psubills62
08-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Who do the Dolphins have that makes him expendable. #1 Marshall , #2 Bess, #3 (Was Camarillo)? I thought he was a good 3rd WR for them. We will soon see right.

I think Hartline had become #3. Camarillo was #4. Patrick Turner is probably #4 for them now, which means they aren't terribly deep, imo.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 02:11 PM

Hartline is the number 3 now. Also they drafted a rookie WR Patrick Turner in 09

better days
08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Camarillo looked very average in Miami. It will be interesting to see how he looks with a GOOD QB.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 02:31 PM
Camarillo looked very average in Miami. It will be interesting to see how he looks with a GOOD QB.

He is better than every WR we have besides Evans lol

better days
08-25-2010, 02:38 PM
He is better than every WR we have besides Evans lol

He may well be, but I have hope for Johnson, Jackson & Parrish.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
He may well be, but I have hope for Johnson, Jackson & Parrish.

Johnson sucks. I like Jackson and Parrish

YardRat
08-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Johnson needs to do something against Cinci, or Jackson will secure the #2 spot.

I wish the Bills would pull the trigger for a LT.

Bling
08-25-2010, 04:58 PM
It's been years for Parrish. I told you guys when you drafted him. There's no future for him in this league.

Nublar7
08-25-2010, 06:59 PM
Hartline is the number 3 now. Also they drafted a rookie WR Patrick Turner in 09
Hartline is actually the #2, and Bess is the #3/slot guy. Camarillo was 4th on the depth chart and has been dealing with an injury all camp.

Turner, who they drafted in the 3rd round in 2009, now becomes the #4 receiver. The 5th spot will likely go to either of the rookies, Marlon Moore or Roberto Wallace. Both of whom have been impressive in camp/preseason.

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 08:21 PM
It's been years for Parrish. I told you guys when you drafted him. There's no future for him in this league.

You also said Ted Ginn was going to be a stud WR.

DraftBoy
08-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Hartline is actually the #2, and Bess is the #3/slot guy. Camarillo was 4th on the depth chart and has been dealing with an injury all camp.

Turner, who they drafted in the 3rd round in 2009, now becomes the #4 receiver. The 5th spot will likely go to either of the rookies, Marlon Moore or Roberto Wallace. Both of whom have been impressive in camp/preseason.

Never all that impressed by Turner at USC despite having the ability to be a dominant WR. Never eclipsed 800 yards WR and prior to senior season had I think 8 total career TD's.

Great body size, good body control, soft hands, ran sloppy routes at USC, and had very questionable speed (same issues as Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett basically).

Nublar7
08-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Never all that impressed by Turner at USC despite having the ability to be a dominant WR. Never eclipsed 800 yards WR and prior to senior season had I think 8 total career TD's.

Great body size, good body control, soft hands, ran sloppy routes at USC, and had very questionable speed (same issues as Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett basically).Your right about Turner. He was dreadful last season for us, and he couldn't even see the field on game days. I do think he is talented, he just hasn't applied it very well.

However, during training camp/preseason, he has been night and day compared to last year. Before camp started I thought he was actually a long shot to make the team, but I have been impressed with him so far. He isn't going to set the world on fire or be dominate, but I do think he has done enough to warrant being the #4 receiver.

Moore and Wallace, mostly Moore, have done surprisingly well this camp and one of them is going to get the #5 spot. It has been a dog fight in camp between those two. I am rooting for Moore, even though Wallace has impressive size.

BuffaloBlitz83
08-26-2010, 11:38 AM
That kid the safety Chris Clemons looks excellent and was a late round steal by Miami

huck1974
08-26-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm not the only Dolphan that is a bit concerned about Clemmons at Free Safety.
Expect to see a lot of exotic Mike Nolan Blitzes to cover up the youngsters back there come week 1.

Samphin1
08-26-2010, 12:38 PM
As Nublar said, Camarillo had slid down to #4 on the depth chart. Really to no fault of his own either. Miami's wide receiving corp has simply gotten much better around him. Hartline did surprisingly well as a rookie and has earned a starting spot alongside Brandon Marshall, and Davone Bess is the white Wes Welker (...), so Greg, while sure handed and a total pro, probably was looking at a lot of time on the bench and not a whole lot of looks in the passing game (especially since Anthony Fasano and David Martin look to be more of a threat at the tight end position this year as well).

So trading your fourth wideout who doesn't play special teams for a solid nickel/dime corner who does pretty well on special teams, makes this a solid trade I think. I will forver be thankful to Greg for saving Miami from an 0-16 season, but his time was just about up in Miami and he deserves to play more than he would have. I wish him well playing with the Minnesota Favres.

As for Clemons, he seems to be a little late on reacting to the ball being in the air, at least form what I have seen, but he has a good amount of speed to make up for it. I would like to see him wrap up more often than go for the big hit, but I am okay with him being the Free Safety to start the season.

As Huck said, expect a ton of blitz packages in week one to help the young secondary out and to try to take advantage of a not so great Bills o-line. Of course, if the Bills keep Edwards upright long enough, he should have his pick of receivers to throw to since Sean Smith and Vontae Davis can't stay with their receivers for too long.

Barb
08-26-2010, 01:28 PM
since miami resigned TE David Martin and he absolutely looks like the martin from 2 years ago after just one preseason game, miami will probably play a lots of 2 TE sets anyways now, there was no room for camarillo anymore, i īm not sure if i like to ship him to an opponent we will face in week 2, but if you search through vikings message boards, they all hate to see sapp sent away, lets see

Nublar7
08-26-2010, 01:48 PM
That kid the safety Chris Clemons looks excellent and was a late round steal by MiamiI hope so. I am still a little worried about him being the starter.

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Spillers gonna beat the blitz coming from the Gay Sharks.

Nublar7
08-26-2010, 02:55 PM
Spillers gonna beat the blitz coming from the Gay Sharks.Even though you were scared away, I still see you are as mature as ever. :up:

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Even though you were scared away, I still see you are as mature as ever. :up:

Relax finfan, I was just playing. You should grow thicker skin when in a rival board.

I was scared away? Haha! I was banned for pointing out posts made by a MOD (feelthepunani)that went against the TOS. When I did MODS would delete those posts which were PROOF that MODS went against TOS . So I would repost until I got banned.

FH was okay until the new ownership took over. Imagine that, making fellthepunani a MOD? :roflmao:

Nublar7
08-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Relax finfan, I was just playing. You should grow thicker skin when in a rival board.

I was scared away? Haha! I was banned for pointing out posts made by a MOD (feelthepunani)that went against the TOS. When I did MODS would delete my posts which were against TOS too. So I would repost until I got banned.

FH was okay until the new ownership took over. Imagine that, making fellthepunani a MOD? :roflmao:As far as I know you were not banned. Also, FTP is not a mod.

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 03:16 PM
As far as I know you were not banned. Also, FTP is not a mod.

Maybe they lifted it but I haven't had the urge to go back anymore. The better posters and Mods like Wharfrat have all left.

It's about time you realize Feelthepain is an idiot. He was made a mod by the new owners at that time I was banned.

huck1974
08-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I banned myself from Finheaven. The place is a joke.
Justa, you might want to go get into the discussion at thephins.

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 03:28 PM
thanks for the invite

LtFinFan66
08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
I think Hartline had become #3. Camarillo was #4. Patrick Turner is probably #4 for them now, which means they aren't terribly deep, imo.Hartline is #2

Samphin1
08-26-2010, 05:20 PM

Wow, haven't seen or heard from Justafan in a LONG time. That Mr. Bean avy is still burned into my brain. LOL.

Anyhow, yeah a lot of the familiar people you used to spar with moved over to thephins.com. And some of us others started up www.fanhell.com as a generic sports site so people wouldn't feel backed into a corner by Dolphins fans.

That and we wanted to see our swear words actually show up vs. ****

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 05:45 PM
how you doin samphin?

Mike13
08-26-2010, 08:42 PM

Hartline is essentially a younger faster version of Camarillo and he impressed last year as a rookie.

Our WR deopth chart is as follows

1) Marshall
2 )Hartline
3) Bess
4) Turner
5) Moore/Wallace?

The last two are UDFA that have impressed in camp and in preseason.

Samphin1
08-26-2010, 11:57 PM
how you doin samphin?

Doing alright my man. Just living life, traveling all over this country watching my phins. Working hard, playing harder, etc.

Hopefully everything is going great in your world.

Barb
08-27-2010, 02:48 AM

I was scared away? Haha! I was banned for pointing out posts made by a MOD (feelthepunani)that went against the TOS. When I did MODS would delete those posts which were PROOF that MODS went against TOS . So I would repost until I got banned.

FH was okay until the new ownership took over. Imagine that, making fellthepunani a MOD? :roflmao:

thats why you should hang at thephins.com, if you feel to go on a dolphin board at all...:;