PDA

View Full Version : Trent Haters Need Stays Out

ghz in pittsburgh
08-25-2010, 04:07 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13815243/bills-camp-report-chan-the-man-that-can-help-qb-edwards-needs

He basically said what I believe - a sound running game could make Trent look pretty good this year, much like what happened to Jets last year.

But I don't know if we'll win a lot of games though. I stand by my earlier post (a month ago) - our defense will hold us back.

Philagape
08-25-2010, 04:16 PM
"Because of the coaching staff," said safety Donte Whitner. "I don't mean to knock anybody, but I know with some of the things we did in the past some of the teams would look at us and guys would say, 'We don't understand what you guys are doing.' We sort of had our own ways of doing things, which were unique to the National Football League.
"Guys would say, 'You come out and play hard, but no adjustments? We knew you would do this and do that.' [The difference is] having a coaching staff that knows we have to make adjustments."

I want Dick Jauron dead. I want his family dead.

Philagape
08-25-2010, 04:19 PM
That's a great article, btw

Philagape
08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
except where he says "Edwards and the first team ran up 21 points in the first quarter against Indianapolis." 7 points came on the McGee INT

Novacane
08-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Could we please drop the Trent haters crap? He's given us no reason to believe in him. There is a differance between thinking someone sucks and hating them. If it turns out it was all coaching I'll be as happy as anyone else.

Joe Fo Sho
08-25-2010, 05:09 PM
except where he says "Edwards and the first team ran up 21 points in the first quarter against Indianapolis." 7 points came on the McGee INT

He didn't say the first team 'offense'... Ha

BertSquirtgum
08-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Could we please drop the Trent haters crap? He's given us no reason to believe in him. There is a differance between thinking someone sucks and hating them. If it turns out it was all coaching I'll be as happy as anyone else.

agreed. i still think he sucks. so he played decent. he does that from time to time. can't wait to see how ****ty he plays this week. i truly do hope he plays good though.

Electrici
08-25-2010, 05:20 PM
I liked the article, thanks for showing it.

Philagape
08-25-2010, 05:30 PM

A lame internet cliche hardly limited to Trent

HHURRICANE
08-25-2010, 07:26 PM
Yeah, Trent sucks. Couldn't be that Gailey recognizes some issues that he had to deal with. Brohm is the answer so let's not waste anymore time on Trent.

justasportsfan
08-25-2010, 08:52 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Trent is no different from any other rookie qb. don't know what we got in him. Sure he sucked in the past but it's obviously because he was set up to fail. Don't know how anyone can still defend Dick.

I'm not gonna say he sucks or that he has what it takes either.

BillsWin
08-25-2010, 10:35 PM
Sounds like Clark Judge has a hard on for Edwards.

After reading the article, I think I have one for Gailey. Just saying. :idunno:

better days
08-25-2010, 10:36 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Trent is no different from any other rookie qb. don't know what we got in him. Sure he sucked in the past but it's obviously because he was set up to fail. Don't know how anyone can still defend Dick.

I'm not gonna say he sucks or that he has what it takes either.

The irony is that Trent's defenders like to point out the fact Trent was set up to fail, yet they also say Brohm has shown nothing in the ONE game he played last year..........talk about being set up to fail.

Philagape
08-25-2010, 10:53 PM
set up to fail

another lame cliche

better days
08-25-2010, 10:58 PM
another lame cliche

Agreed, & Trent's fans have used it OFTEN.

PromoTheRobot
08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
However good Trent will be, Chan Gailey will bring that out of him. Great article, by the way. In fact best thing I've seen written by a national writer. This guy actually gets what is going on with the Bills.

PTR

SABURZFAN
08-26-2010, 03:09 AM

LOL!!!!!! the hater label was thrown on me and TD with Lossman. i never hated the guy. he just wasn't the answer. i don't think Edwards is the answer either. does that make me a hater on Edwards now? i just find it funny now that the people sick of Edwards were diehard, loyal Lickers who had excuses for Just Pathetic but don't have the same love for Edwards.

SABURZFAN
08-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Agreed, & Trent's fans have used it OFTEN.

not as often as the Lickers used it.

Buddo
08-26-2010, 07:18 AM
Good article, and represents what a fair few believe. Namely, that if Edwards is to succeed, he will be able to do it with Gailey, who is a proven OC, who runs an NFL offence.

This is by no means a 'done deal', but there were some interesting tidbits that do give additional hope, especially the comment in respect to Edwards performance, when he only has one guy to respond to.

While I was optimistic that Losman may have been about to 'get it' after his 2006 season, he regressed. I'm not so sure now, how much was his fault, and how much was the fault of the horrendous offensive coaching that Jauron allowed.

Another observation in respect of Gailey. This guy does obviously have a 'passion' for the game. Perhaps some of the players are rediscovering their own 'passion' for it, after Jauron spent so long trying to deflate everything.

ddaryl
08-26-2010, 07:25 AM

that's a little harsh

How about just a billboard....:kid:

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 09:47 AM
:rolleyes:

Practice should be different ... live heckling is just rude and pointless. There's something to be said for decorum.

Props to Chan.

Per AP:
Edwards also was targeted for his haircut - he's grown out his hair and sideburns - and for being a native Californian.

Idiots..

get a life. It's only football.

acehole
08-26-2010, 10:41 AM
This is fine but at what point does trent need to make trent look good?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13815243/bills-camp-report-chan-the-man-that-can-help-qb-edwards-needs

He basically said what I believe - a sound running game could make Trent look pretty good this year, much like what happened to Jets last year.

But I don't know if we'll win a lot of games though. I stand by my earlier post (a month ago) - our defense will hold us back.

trapezeus
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
i think trent's issues are totally different than the other failed QB's so far.

i think bledsoe and jp had a fundamental issue of age and not being bright, respectively, that suck them. Bad coaching didn't help any, but in my mind they didn't have the ability to get it.

I think what trent gets knocked on with dink and dunking, isn't necessarily a bad thing. for me i think he has shown that he can move the ball around a bit, but somehow regressed. that's on him. My concern with him after last year was that he doesn't stay healthy and that his regression was so obvious. the locking on people, the tennessee game where he made the same pass 3 times in a row and got picked off. That didn't look like year 1 and early 2 trent.

Even if gailey gets through to him, i worry about his durability and his ability to play in the winter. I don't think his arm is so weak that its unservicable, but i think his high arc 20+ yard passes aren't made for the swirling winds of the Ralph.

I hope he gets it, I have a little more faith in him than i did in JP and Bledsoe to get it, but i just don't think he makes it past the bye week without being injured.

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 10:55 AM
I think what trent gets knocked on with dink and dunking, isn't necessarily a bad thing. for me i think he has shown that he can move the ball around a bit, but somehow regressed. that's on him. My concern with him after last year was that he doesn't stay healthy and that his regression was so obvious. the locking on people, the tennessee game where he made the same pass 3 times in a row and got picked off. That didn't look like year 1 and early 2 trent.

Although it was just the first game for Brohm his dinks and dunks looked so much better than Trents. Brohm dinks were more decisive and got there fast enough that wr's had more time to run for more yards.

Trents throws even his dinks don't have much velocity that they are easily picked off . He's done that quite a few in his career.

Extremebillsfan247
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM

But I don't know if we'll win a lot of games though. I stand by my earlier post (a month ago) - our defense will hold us back. Fascinating piece there. Not a big Clark Judge fan but that was a very well written article. Thanks for sharing this..
My take on this is that Clark is right, Chan does have a proven track record for taking less than desirable QBs and making something out of them. He has won both with and without a lot of talent. So, if he thinks he can get something out of Edwards, I say all the power to him. I mean, who are we to argue with a guy who has been there and done that? Obviously Gailey knows what he is doing here, and I think we as fans need to back up a little, give him some room, and see what happens. The worst that can possibly happen out of this experiment is that we end up with another losing season. But, who realistically doesn't expect that to happen anyway? The way I see it, we have nothing to lose by going along with this in the short term. JMO...

dasaybz
08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Although it was just the first game for Brohm his dinks and dunks looked so much better than Trents. Brohm dinks were more decisive and got there fast enough that wr's had more time to run for more yards.

Trents throws even his dinks don't have much velocity that they are easily picked off . He's done that quite a few in his career.
Wow you said it perfectly.

Brohm new exactly where to go with the ball, Trent seems to have huge issues with reading defenses and deciding what to do before the ball is snapped.

justasportsfan
08-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Trent seems to have huge issues with reading defenses and deciding what to do before the ball is snapped.

Actually it's been said Trent can read defenses which is probably his advantage over qb's that have competed with him. Could also be why Chan likes him.

Problem is (like you said) it takes him a long time to decide what to do with the ball and when he finally does, he doesn' have th zip to get it there fast enough.

He waits for his targets to get open (Peyton doesn't have to) and if they don't , he abandons and he goes with his checkdown instead. This is why TO said he was just running routes.

Philagape
08-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Wow you said it perfectly.

Brohm new exactly where to go with the ball, Trent seems to have huge issues with reading defenses and deciding what to do before the ball is snapped.

Trent's issue is reading defenses after the ball is snapped, particularly against a 3-4.

Which is something anyone who wants to be a legit NFL QB will need to do. No QB will go anywhere with just snap-and-throws (and last week it got Brohm's offense three points). Decisions have to be made reading defenses in motion, because eventually they're going to catch on to a one-trick pony -- not to mention actually game planning.
That was a fine baby step Brohm took last week, but the training wheels will have to come off before he's even in the conversation.

dasaybz
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Actually it's been said Trent can read defenses which is probably his advantage over qb's that have competed with him. Could also be why Chan likes him.

Problem is (like you said) it takes him a long time to decide what to do with the ball and when he finally does, he doesn' have th zip to get it there fast enough.

He waits for his targets to get open (Peyton doesn't have to) and if they don't , he abandons and he goes with his checkdown instead. This is why TO said he was just running routes.

I have never seen it proven that Trent can read a defense. He looks absolutely lost out there and doesn't know where to go with the ball. It's not hard to audible to max protect when you see an all out blitz coming.

acehole
08-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Trents issues?
Fragile both pysically and mentally.
Can't read defenses fast enough.
Has no zip on ball as pointed out.
Can't/won't throw deep ball.

Worse of all doesnt trust his wr's.
Inturn they dont play for him.

He is not a leader as he can't lead by example....skill or with confidence or experience.

High int/td ratio.

Redzone failure.

Even Holcome could manage a game better.

Having said all that he might do well in this system as he has to hand ball off most of the time..

We shall see...

Do I hate him. No.
Is he a fran QB. No.

Trent's issue is reading defenses after the ball is snapped, particularly against a 3-4.

Which is something anyone who wants to be a legit NFL QB will need to do. No QB will go anywhere with just snap-and-throws (and last week it got Brohm's offense three points). Decisions have to be made reading defenses in motion, because eventually they're going to catch on to a one-trick pony -- not to mention actually game planning.
That was a fine baby step Brohm took last week, but the training wheels will have to come off before he's even in the conversation.