• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Moulds>Evans

Even with ****ty QB's his entire career Moulds was consistantly better, 6 seasons with 900 or more yards. Evans has only done it 2 times.
  • mightysimi
    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
    • Mar 2010

Re: Moulds>Evans

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
    Even with ****ty QB's his entire career Moulds was consistantly better, 6 seasons with 900 or more yards. Evans has only done it 2 times.
    I didn't realize that Evans retired. Is it possible he has a few more in the tank?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

....says the guy with "83" in his username.

Who said Evans was better? I think pretty much everyone agrees that Moulds is the 2nd best WR this team has ever had, behind Reed.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i'll say the unpopular comment that i'm been saying for a while and get flamed for it, but Evans isn't a real number 1. other number 1's with crappy qb's still are playmakers. they still run routes across the middle. they still have good days.

steve smith is a classic example. delhomme played worse than the bills qb's for parts of the season, yet smith had more catches, more yards per catch and was constantly a threat.

it's so easy for teams to defend evans out of the equation. Evans is a fantastic number 2, if we only had a number 1.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Moulds may have had crappy qb's but his qb's for the most part were willing to throw him the ball. HIs qb's new he was a big physical wr who would win most of his battles, thats why Drew and Flutie never hesitated to throw to him and let him make a play.

If Evans had Drew , his nos. would have been better. Unfortunately Flutie doesn't have the arm to go deep but I'm sure he would have thrown to Lee in medium range.

Lee is a different type of a wr. He stretches the field which is why JP went deep with him. When teams realized that, they took that away and the qb's had no other option .

The comes in Trent who was as hesistant as Rob Johnson.

Lee has been getting a lot of catches at camp with a more confident Trent. If Trent was like that last year, Lee's nos. would have been better.

Trent in the past WAITS for his wr's to get open. You can't do that with Lee. With Lee you throw the ball down the field and make him get it. Thats what Trent did in his td vs. Cotls. He should do that more often.

Get Lee a ginslinger and he'll have consecutive 1000 yard season. Peyton would have loved Lee when Trent was loving Reed. Get him a dink and dunk qb, Lee suffers.
          Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-26-2010, 01:38 PM.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Crisis
            • Aug 2004

i haven't seen anyone say evans is better than moulds..
            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            Vanek is Austrian not European
            Originally posted by Prov401
            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
            Originally posted by better days
            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ddaryl
              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
              • Jan 2005

We all know Moulds was better, and that Evans is a better compliment to a WR like Moulds on any team to be truly effective

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                We play to win the game!
                • Oct 2009

I was just saying it. I like Evans, just somewhat dissappointed in his career.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Get Lee a ginslinger and he'll have consecutive 1000 yard season.
                  a ginslinger? I'm sure there are plenty in Buffalo but not many who can help the team. Joe Namath is too old to play football these days and Thurman is off the sauce.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

moulds body type befits a more versatile wr than evans who is thinner. moulds could literally do whatever you asked of him (with the exception of holding on to the ball in the miami playoff game).

evans is a one trick pony. he'd have guady numbers on the colts. but he'd also be in a stable of decent receivers.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                      I was just saying it. I like Evans, just somewhat dissappointed in his career.
                      Lee is going through what Moulds went through his entire career except Moulds had better qbs.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Well there doesn't seem to be much of an argument, and what's a thread without, at least a little bit of, an argument?

I will contend that Lee has been misused. Lee may be small in stature, but he is big of heart. I feel comfortable taking the position that if you threw the ball to Lee he would have numbers as good as Moulds, maybe not in receptions, but in yards, due to his ability to get some YAC.

Remember the slant we called last year. You remember it, it was against the Jets. Lee caught the ball and took it to the house. Of course we gained way too many yards on one play to EVER try that again. It certainly didn't fit our conservative style.

Then there is the the highlight from the last few seasons, which would be Lee's one-handed-behind-the-head TD against the Chargers, after the transformers blew up.

I also point to the NE game, in Buffalo, frequently. It was the ONLY game last year where he was the guy. The second half, little Ryan Fitzpatrick decided to give Lee a shot and threw the ball his way. Lee, despite Fitz's errant pass, started going and getting balls. We did this for a little while, then just when it was working all too well, I believe we let Josh Reed play, and he dropped a few. We also had to get TO his obligatory half-assed-effort plays, because he was on such good behavior we had to force several ******ed plays his way every game to ensure that he didn't do his impression of a human powder keg. We keep throwing to Lee, we win. Of course Willfork was out and we ran the ball the length of the field, chewing up the entire first quarter, got bumped back 15 yards on 3 successive false starts and had to settle for the FG, then completely abandoned the run, and went to the WR streak down the sideline show, but I digress.

Either way. I am not flaming you Trap, but I feel Lee is a true #1. What he requires is chances. I am not talking about he has to have 15 yards on a guy like the Colts game last week, I mean throw the ball near him.

Anybody remember the TD against Jacksonville that got called back? The one where Fitzy put everything he had into the ball, and after 30yds of air it was falling short of the DB who was in front of Lee. The mighty heave from Fitz was in the air so long that by the time they went to make the catch they were waiting with the DB between ball and Lee. Lee jumps up and catches the ball around DB's facemask, pulls it over his head, only to have it be nullified by some asinine penalty.

I guess I am not saying Lee is better than Moulds, but he is a damn good receiver, and to look at the back of his football card does him no justice. We have to listen to whining about "no talent" constantly, but Lee has it, and a lot of it. He needs a coach with the ability to grasp how he should be used.

There haven't been a lot of throws his way in preseason, which I would guess will change drastically against the Phish. I think Lee is going to have, far and away, his best year yet. Then we revisit this thread.
                        Last edited by Beebe's Kid; 08-26-2010, 02:20 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Moulds had a more productive career but dropped a ton of balls right in his hands, when wide open.

He then would make impossible catches with guys all over him. Always hard to figure him out.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            a ginslinger? I'm sure there are plenty in Buffalo but not many who can help the team. Joe Namath is too old to play football these days and Thurman is off the sauce.
                            sorry typo error. I meant a rumslinger.

It's also hard to be a true no.1 wr when you have a bunch of no.3 qb's throwing to you.
                            Last edited by justasportsfan; 08-26-2010, 02:52 PM.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• BillyT92679
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                              Moulds had a more productive career but dropped a ton of balls right in his hands, when wide open.

He then would make impossible catches with guys all over him. Always hard to figure him out.
                              That's one area where Lee is a LOT better... Lee has better hands (and arms, not alligator arms like Moulds had). Eric sometimes played smaller than his stature.

But Eric was a lot more versatile, a much better YAC guy than Lee and really a better overall talent at wideout... Eric was a prototype of Andre Johnson.
                              Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

Working...
                              X