PDA

View Full Version : Leinart trying to steal from Edwards

mightysimi
08-26-2010, 01:13 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/26/matt-leinart-getting-a-reputation-as-captain-checkdown/

That is Trent's title and no one can take it!!!!

trapezeus
08-26-2010, 01:20 PM
is the titans comment about a buffalo nickel a shot at trent? :-)

AustinTransplant
08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
This is great!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Captain%20Checkdown

I have herd Jacksonville fans (yes, all 3 of them) call David Garrard this as-well.

Pennington was called it at one point too.

We are not that original.

ddaryl
08-26-2010, 03:17 PM
They can't take Trentative form us though

don137
08-26-2010, 04:43 PM
I use to think Kelly Holcomb was the leader of checkdowns. Trent took the title and made it an art form. Looks like Trant has some competition for the reigning check down champion. That is one title I hope he loses.

Beebe's Kid
08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
The checkdown is not the problem. Many get all worked up over something that is actually a good idea. If nothing is open downfield, checkdown. A lot of the good QB's do it, and I guess, in a sense that knowing how/when to do it, instead of throwing an ill-advised pick is what separates good QB's from great ones.

People make these comments because they want the glory, the long ball. The problem is that the long ball is unobtainable by Trent. You have to make reads and go through a progression, not stare one guy down, and if that doesn't work, dump off to a tight end.

On the other had, if you dump it off to CJ Spiller, you have a good chance at changing the game. Now you have defenses that are forced to dedicate a defensive back to cover Spiller, taking a body out of the mix downfield....or if you are a moron, just have a linebacker cover CJ.

I have a good feeling that this is where Roscoe comes in. CJ on one side Roscoe on the other. You can't teach speed, and you either respect it or get burnt by it. You can't have an LB cover Roscoe, if you plan on being able to contain him.

psubills62
08-26-2010, 05:18 PM
And...Leinart has been benched! Anderson will start the third preseason game, which indicates that he'll be the season starter unless he completely bombs.

Rumor is that Arizona may be looking to trade Leinart. Seattle was named as a possible destination (as Carroll is the coach).

Hogwasher
08-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Does Leinart list Dakota Fanning as his favorite actress too?

Throne Logic
08-27-2010, 12:06 AM
There was a time only a few years back when everyone *****ed that there was no actual "checkdown" option even available to the QB. . .

Luisito23
08-27-2010, 06:41 AM
There was a time only a few years back when everyone *****ed that there was no actual "checkdown" option even available to the QB. . .

LOL, yeah the season before Trent got drafted.

Novacane
08-27-2010, 07:29 AM
I love it when someone starts a humorous thread and 1 person has to come in and write a long post "educating" us all how the checkdown really is an important part of the game :rolleyes: WE KNOW THAT. Have a sense of humor :loser:

ublinkwescore
08-27-2010, 12:00 PM
I miss the days when Edwards was captain Clutch, not captain checkdown.

DraftBoy
08-27-2010, 12:09 PM
I miss the days when Edwards was captain Clutch, not captain checkdown.

When the hell was he that?

The last buffalo fan
08-27-2010, 12:30 PM

On his wet dreams. :ill:

psubills62
08-27-2010, 12:31 PM

He's probably referring to 2008, before the Adrian Wilson hit. He did come through late several games in a row, though he shouldn't have needed to for most of those games.

mightysimi
08-27-2010, 12:38 PM

2 games against terrible teams. Comeback against Oakland and St Louis.

I would hardly call that worth of a title.

trapezeus
08-27-2010, 01:30 PM
for a second year starter, it seemed like poise. it seemed like promise.

he also lead the team back against washington in his first year and one other game. in like 8 starts he had like 4 come from behinds. jp had 1. it felt like it could lead to something.

instead we still are looking for a qb. in about two weeks, we pretty much have to buckle in and hope that he goes back to those early performances.

trapezeus
08-27-2010, 01:33 PM
And...Leinart has been benched! Anderson will start the third preseason game, which indicates that he'll be the season starter unless he completely bombs.

Rumor is that Arizona may be looking to trade Leinart. Seattle was named as a possible destination (as Carroll is the coach).

For real? i can't imagine him having much trade value though. seattle has 3 qb's including another former 1st round pick. they also blew a bunch of picks in next year drafts for lendale white and the number 2 QB. white got cut and the qb is apparently falling behind losman. So where do they have the picks to take a shot with leinart? and what other team would look at such a thorough failure in leinart and say, "let's trade?"

psubills62
08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
For real? i can't imagine him having much trade value though. seattle has 3 qb's including another former 1st round pick. they also blew a bunch of picks in next year drafts for lendale white and the number 2 QB. white got cut and the qb is apparently falling behind losman. So where do they have the picks to take a shot with leinart? and what other team would look at such a thorough failure in leinart and say, "let's trade?"

Well, Whitehurst hasn't impressed, and I doubt Losman looks that good. Hasselbeck has practiced well, but is a big injury risk.

I think Seattle was just named as a possible destination due to Carroll being Leinart's former coach. I doubt they actually have interest.

more cowbell
08-27-2010, 02:26 PM

He was clutch as hell against the Redskins...led the game winning drive, threw a huge completion to Josh Reed on 4th and 14 (or some number over 10 like that)

Yup. That's when he was promising...now...not so much

trapezeus
08-27-2010, 02:44 PM
i don't doubt that reuniting him with carroll is a good idea, and that the other qbs are probably not showing any promise,

but the seahawks just don't hvae the picks without truly screwing themselves even more than they did with whitehurst and white.

Leinart is like an AIG executive. getting paid for doing absolutely nothing.