PDA

View Full Version : Five on the bubble

northernbillfan
08-26-2010, 02:18 PM
This is a good article from the folks at Buffalo Rumblings talkinga bout five big(ish) names fighting for their jobs.

The names are Hardy, Fitzpatrick, McCargo, Ellison and Calloway. The reasoning can be found in the original article here (http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/26/1651723/five-big-name-bills-fighting-for).

Do you agree with all five names? Would you subistute any of those for somenone else, and if so who?

bigbub2352
08-26-2010, 02:21 PM
how can calloway be on the bubble we have no depth at oline...scrw the rest of the bums

Michael82
08-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I would replace Calloway with Kirk Chambers.

ServoBillieves
08-26-2010, 02:33 PM
No surprises but Calloway on that one.

Not quite sure how Calloway went from 2nd or 3rd round potential and "an elite RT prospect" to a 7th round guard. Again, I'm not in meetings, I'm not watching him at pro-days, but it puzzles me.

Still, even if he goes he's almost straight to PS.

HHURRICANE
08-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I would replace Calloway with Kirk Chambers.

I can't understand how Kirk Chambers makes this team every fing year?!?!?

JCBills
08-26-2010, 03:33 PM
I can't understand how Kirk Chambers makes this team every fing year?!?!?

I think he's been cut and brought back due to someone getting injured a few times.

Ickybaluky
08-26-2010, 04:06 PM
Do you guys think Antonio Coleman is on the bubble? I liked him at Auburn, even if he doesn't have great athleticism or height for a 3-4 OLB. Still, he is one of those guys who knows how to rush the QB.

Just wondering if people here think he can make the team, since I haven't heard his name around here much.

Dr. Lecter
08-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Do you guys think Antonio Coleman is on the bubble? I liked him at Auburn, even if he doesn't have great athleticism or height for a 3-4 OLB. Still, he is one of those guys who knows how to rush the QB.

Just wondering if people here think he can make the team, since I haven't heard his name around here much.
Danny Batten being out is a big help to him.

Right now the OLBs look like Ellis, Kelsay, Maybin and Torbor. If the Bills keep 5 or axe Kelsay he will likely be around. If not, he is a PS candidate.

Scumbag College
08-26-2010, 06:22 PM
I can take or leave any one of those guys on that list.

tampabay25690
08-26-2010, 06:32 PM

I think COLEMAN makes the team....
He gives the Bills a good PASS rush and a guy that may fit in the 3-4 better then Kelsay or Maybin...

I think Kelsay is gone...

NextbillsQB
08-26-2010, 08:50 PM
Replace Calloway with Brohm

YardRat
08-26-2010, 09:03 PM
I don't know why a seventh-round rookie would be on the list...replace Calloway with Chambers, and it's legit. I wouldn't be surprised if all five didn't make the roster, though.

Bmax
08-26-2010, 10:16 PM
I don't know why a seventh-round rookie would be on the list...replace Calloway with Chambers, and it's legit. I wouldn't be surprised if all five didn't make the roster, though.

I agree with Chambers...He is so bad that he makes me wish Jerry Crafts was a Bill again.

Bmax

NextbillsQB
08-26-2010, 10:26 PM
If Fitz is on the list Brohm has to be too

northernbillfan
08-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Replace Calloway with BrohmBut then the five cut would be Fitzpatrick and Brohm. Can't have that happen.

northernbillfan
08-27-2010, 12:55 AM
If Fitz is on the list Brohm has to be tooFitz is on the list because of how Brohm played last week.

This weekend we get to see both and the one that shines the best will have the edge going into cut day.

Night Train
08-27-2010, 04:32 AM
Strange to still have a full camp roster at this late a date.

Years back, there would have been 2 rounds of cuts by now.

Luisito23
08-27-2010, 07:19 AM
I can take or leave any one of those guys on that list.

I can take or leave anyone on the Bills, but that's another topic, sorry :clump:

HHURRICANE
08-27-2010, 08:23 AM
First off, I think the guy who picked the "5 on the bubble" ddin't really put alot of though into this:

Hardy: As much as I think he is a disaster, it's looking increasingly ikely that Gailey is going to keep him base on the numbers.

Fitzpatrick: You could say the same about Brohm. Talk about a coin flip. So doesn't that mean Brohm is on the bubble as well?

McCargo: I think this is the only one that i would say is correct.

Ellison: probably our best LB in coverage so very unlikely.

Calloway: Serioulsy? He's a late rounder. I could pick a dozen guys like this that are on the "bubble".

Forward_Lateral
08-27-2010, 08:36 AM
I think McCargo is playing well at End, and is not on the bubble.