PDA

View Full Version : Whitner says...

northernbillfan
08-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Interesting quote from Donte Whitner about the coaching style of Jauron and company and a major differences he sees in Gailey.

Whitner said " "Because of the coaching staff, I don't mean to knock anybody, but I know with some of the things we did in the past some of the teams would look at us and guys would say, 'We don't understand what you guys are doing.' We sort of had our own ways of doing things, which were unique to the National Football League. Guys would say, 'You come out and play hard, but no adjustments? We knew you would do this and do that.' [The difference is] having a coaching staff that knows we have to make adjustments."

This is something that frustrated me, and I'm sure you as well, to no end. Watching the team week in and week out, come onto the field in the second half and be makign the same dumb ass plays over and over again. No wonder the Bills were easy to beat.

Michael82
08-26-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm guessing you are posting from your phone. You got all kinds of typos and Donte is Donte....not Dante.

Prov401
08-26-2010, 02:31 PM
We knew Jauron was terrible...

northernbillfan
08-26-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm guessing you are posting from your phone. You got all kinds of typos and Donte is Donte....not Dante.I know it's donte, I don't why I spelled it that way. Anyway I fixed the post.

northernbillfan
08-26-2010, 02:34 PM
We knew Jauron was terrible...I know we knew it and I know the players knew it. It's interesting to hear a player publicly calling him out for what he was doing.

bigbub2352
08-26-2010, 02:36 PM
Sums it up and all us so called fans were dead on about the skeletor regime

thanks donte

ddaryl
08-26-2010, 02:52 PM
It was so blatantly obvious that we never made any adjustments ever...

The #1 ***** about Jauron was always game time decision making and lack of adjustments

X-Era
08-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Interesting quote from Donte Whitner about the coaching style of Jauron and company and a major differences he sees in Gailey.

Whitner said " "Because of the coaching staff, I don't mean to knock anybody, but I know with some of the things we did in the past some of the teams would look at us and guys would say, 'We don't understand what you guys are doing.' We sort of had our own ways of doing things, which were unique to the National Football League. Guys would say, 'You come out and play hard, but no adjustments? We knew you would do this and do that.' [The difference is] having a coaching staff that knows we have to make adjustments."

This is something that frustrated me, and I'm sure you as well, to no end. Watching the team week in and week out, come onto the field in the second half and be makign the same dumb ass plays over and over again. No wonder the Bills were easy to beat.

Drove me crazy. Some games were better than others but I got so sick of watching teams climb back into it by adapting and we do nothing to keep them from winning. As I recall, there was at least one NE game like that.

JD
08-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Great thread

Hogwasher
08-26-2010, 11:17 PM
I just want to beat the patriots.

Luisito23
08-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Talk is cheap Whitner...

Italian Stallion
08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Talk is cheap Whitner...

Talk is very cheap you're right...however this is one instance where I actually like to hear Donte run his mouth. Actually hearing what we were all bascially saying as fans for 4 years come out of the PLAYERS mouths just confirms how dark of a period it was in Bills history, and that we aren't crazy.

It will never get old hearing how AWFUL the past coaching staff was...only because they are now GONE. :rockout:

trapezeus
08-27-2010, 08:26 AM
i've always suspected the NFL is an old boys club when it comes to coaches and when you hear that wannedstat, jauron, or norv turner getting multiple shots when they typically lose (turner has been ok with the chargers, but he almost lost the team entirely with a stocked team). And there are other examples.

The bills have clearly thrown jauron under the bus. They've said the training camps didn't have goalline packages, that they didn't practice in pads, that they didn't practice fundamentals, they didn't practice in a variety of conditions.

The players have thrown him under the bus.

The fans threw him under the bus by making a billboard and just booing the ever living **** out of his decisions.

Now if he ends up coach of a team2 3 years from now, i'm going to go crazy.

Lastly, i think if you watched all the bills games in jauron's tenure, you'd see that they did ok to medium bad in the first half, and then just suck it raw in the 3rd and fourth quarters.

ublinkwescore
08-27-2010, 11:56 AM
We knew Jauron was terrible...

I might be speculating, but I swear I saw on either this board, or www.buffalobills.com's MB that Marv Levy is still saying Jauron was the right guy for the job - anyone else heard anything on this?

ublinkwescore
08-27-2010, 11:58 AM
i've always suspected the NFL is an old boys club when it comes to coaches and when you hear that wannedstat, jauron, or norv turner getting multiple shots when they typically lose (turner has been ok with the chargers, but he almost lost the team entirely with a stocked team). And there are other examples.

The bills have clearly thrown jauron under the bus. They've said the training camps didn't have goalline packages, that they didn't practice in pads, that they didn't practice fundamentals, they didn't practice in a variety of conditions.

The players have thrown him under the bus.

The fans threw him under the bus by making a billboard and just booing the ever living **** out of his decisions.

Now if he ends up coach of a team2 3 years from now, i'm going to go crazy.

Lastly, i think if you watched all the bills games in jauron's tenure, you'd see that they did ok to medium bad in the first half, and then just suck it raw in the 3rd and fourth quarters.

you can go crazy about that part, I'll just be praying it's on another AFC East team so that should hopefully equal 2 wins a year.