X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AB4now
    • Jan 2010

yea or nah

parrish at the age of 28, finally playing the slot(were he should have been the whole time), could really be a threat. what does everyone think. imo i think he a. should have been here a while ago and b. can be the speedy mismatch we have been looking for(among other things )
    thats whats up
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: yea or nah

Originally posted by AB4now
    parrish at the age of 28, finally playing the slot(were he should have been the whole time), could really be a threat. what does everyone think. imo i think he a. should have been here a while ago and b. can be the speedy mismatch we have been looking for(among other things )
    I think we want him to be our Wes Welker. Im worried he will get chucked at the line and it will take him out of the quick slants that may be his best pattern. Id also like him to quit dancing just a bit and use his speed to get extra yards.

I guess Im trusting Gailey to find a way to get him open and get him the ball.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'm not expecting much from Parrish.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• AB4now
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
        I think we want him to be our Wes Welker. Im worried he will get chucked at the line and it will take him out of the quick slants that may be his best pattern. Id also like him to quit dancing just a bit and use his speed to get extra yards.

I guess Im trusting Gailey to find a way to get him open and get him the ball.
        i totally agree. as far as getting chucked at the line, i hope that chan is smart enough to put him in motion if this happens
        thats whats up

Comment

• AB4now
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
          I'm not expecting much from Parrish.
          is this because you dont expect much from our QB? if this is the case i really cant disagree because this position is dismal at best. in saying that though running drag routes or crossing patterns will allow parrish to get open and would fit perfectly into "captain checkdown's" five yard passing radius.
          thats whats up

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

We kinda had this chat a while back.
            He was not used right but he also didn't have right attitude.
            If you play him close and puts a move on you you r done.

If you give him a cushion you r done.

So Wr screens.
            Pump fakes.
            Skinny posts.
            Fly paterns.
            Crossing paterns.

See w Welker.

Very hard to cover.

Will force teams to play more man.

Will open up running game as safeys will have to play them over top.

Will open some Tight end opportunities.

IF IF IF he does his job.

Originally posted by AB4now
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Hogwasher
              • Aug 2010

Parrish makes you cover him up close to the line, so he draws a safety down or a linebacker away from the play. We know that works with Welker and New England.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

I expect him to have about 3 to 400 yds. this season with maybe 5 TDs.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• zone
                  No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                  • Oct 2003

I liked what I saw from him vs. Indy hopefully he can have a big year under Gailey's system.
                  www.blzbus.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

The guy is a threat with the ball in his hands, but he's undersized and runs terrible routes, so it's damn near impossible to get him the ball.

And like most guys from Duhhhh U, he's dumber than Leonardo DiCaprio's character in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

It does seem like Gailey has a more open offense and is trying to get him involved, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see something from the guy.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                      We play to win the game!
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      The guy is a threat with the ball in his hands, but he's undersized and runs terrible routes, so it's damn near impossible to get him the ball.

And like most guys from Duhhhh U, he's dumber than Leonardo DiCaprio's character in What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

It does seem like Gailey has a more open offense and is trying to get him involved, but I'm not getting my hopes up until I see something from the guy.
                      Smarter than guys from ND :)

Comment

• Gibran Chandan
                        • Aug 2010

What do I think?

Find more ways to give him the ball, and I'll be a happy man. Always liked Roscoe.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

I think Parrish's rise this pre-season is directly related to the lack of talent that is available at the wideout position.

Parrish has had great camps before so I think people on this board better not get too excited.

I think the RBs of this team are it's strength and will be the focus of this offense. Parrish will have a very limited impact.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I think Parrish's rise this pre-season is directly related to the lack of talent that is available at the wideout position.
                            Sounds plausible to me. Fans for years have asked why he wasn't more involved in the offense but the (many) coaches somehow were never able to get it done.

His zippy punt returns in his 1st 4 years certainly helped out - my guess is that is why they renewed his contract.
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Hogwasher
                              Parrish makes you cover him up close to the line, so he draws a safety down or a linebacker away from the play. We know that works with Welker and New England.
                              Please don't ever mention Parrish and Welker in the same post again. Ever.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X