• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Roster count

By my count, I get 77 on the roster right now. I don't know if PUP counts or if Reserved counts.

So, I think that means only 2 cuts have to happen.

I think were keeping the roster low to be able to shop when the rounds of cuts come. Just a guess.

Anyone want to confirm the count and details?

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Roster count

79?

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
      So they have Nelson listed and hes on the suspended reserve list... but I dont know if he counts as a roster spot.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I think he does until the suspension kicks in.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

I can't believe I am saying this - YardRat is correct. He will not count for the first four weeks but does now.

I now have to take a shower.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Easley and Batten actually count as well, until the first group of roster cuts. Buffalorumblings.com had an article that mentioned it. Basically, because both have no actual NFL experience, the Bills could either 1) put them on waivers, or 2) put them on IR and keep them officially on the roster until cuts.

That's why two guys had to be waived (Destin and someone else) for the tight ends to be signed. Easley and Batten won't be off the roster until the first set of cuts.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mindbender
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by psubills62
              Easley and Batten actually count as well, until the first group of roster cuts. Buffalorumblings.com had an article that mentioned it. Basically, because both have no actual NFL experience, the Bills could either 1) put them on waivers, or 2) put them on IR and keep them officially on the roster until cuts.

That's why two guys had to be waived (Destin and someone else) for the tight ends to be signed. Easley and Batten won't be off the roster until the first set of cuts.
              yup, here's the article in case some were interested in the weird roster counting rules.

Roughly a week away from the first cut-down date, the Bills still have two open roster spots. Will they fill them?
              "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix

Comment

Working...
              X