PDA

View Full Version : Moats mastering new position

psubills62
08-27-2010, 09:07 AM
Sorry if already posted

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article173347.ece

It was Arthur Moats' first game with the Buffalo Bills -- not to mention his first game at inside linebacker -- and it didn't take long for him to look dazed and confused like, well, a rookie.

After a play where he missed a tackle, Moats placed his hands on his hips and glanced around Washington's FedEx Field in frustration.

"There were a couple of plays out there and I was like, 'Man, I'm really lost,'" said Moats, who played defensive end at James Madison. "The game is way faster than in training camp and practices and I was like, 'What in the world?'"

The transition from college defensive end to NFL inside linebacker in the Bills' 3-4 scheme has been challenging for Moats. Whereas the ball carrier is often at arm's reach of a defensive end, linebackers must attack from angles and make tackles in open space.

Honestly, I like the idea of getting a college DE who doesn't really have the measurables for OLB and putting him at ILB. The guy knows how to get around offensive linemen, and could be a very useful option in blitzing. If he can get coverage down, this guy would be a very good Ted LB.

k-oneputt
08-27-2010, 09:36 AM
I like the idea of drafting linebackers from college, preferrably from big-time schools {south} and letting them play linebacker in the NFL.

mayotm
08-27-2010, 10:15 AM
His performance in the second pre-season game was significantly better than the first. Nice to see the improvment.

justasportsfan
08-27-2010, 10:20 AM
we would have kept him as a DE in the cover 2. Then there would have been 3 confused players. Ellis, Maybin and Moats.