View Full Version : XS Stream Info

BuffaloBlitz83
08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Anyone know what his stream site is located at? And how much? Thx

psubills62
08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Anyone know what his stream site is located at? And how much? Thx

xslive.net

He was very generous and set me and several other people on here up with an account for free for 2 weeks. The normal suggested donation is $15 for 3 months or $6 per month.

OpIv37
08-27-2010, 02:14 PM
myp2p.eu and it's free.

Or just DVR the NFLN replay and watch it Sunday morning

BuffaloBlitz83
08-27-2010, 02:16 PM
xslive.net

He was very generous and set me and several other people on here up with an account for free for 2 weeks. The normal suggested donation is $15 for 3 months or $6 per month.

sweet, i'd do the 15 for season

ChristopherWalken
08-27-2010, 02:33 PM
I've signed up and dontated. High quality feed!!

wmoz11
08-27-2010, 02:48 PM
myp2p.eu and it's free.

Or just DVR the NFLN replay and watch it Sunday morning

As someone who streamed every game but a couple last season, I find sites like myp2p very unreliable. It was hit or miss whether the stream would last the entire game and the quality was usually quite poor.

SquishDaFish
08-27-2010, 03:29 PM
XS is awesome. He will give free preview for preseason if you ask. Excellent stream seeing not a huge amount of people are on at once.

jimbledsoe
08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
As someone who streamed every game but a couple last season, I find sites like myp2p very unreliable. It was hit or miss whether the stream would last the entire game and the quality was usually quite poor.

Can I ask you what you use?

wmoz11
08-27-2010, 04:05 PM
Can I ask you what you use?

justin.tv, ustream.tv, atdhe.net, myp2p, p2p4u.net, channelsurfing.net

Don't Panic
08-27-2010, 07:54 PM
xs... $1 a game for an almost guaranteed stream and good quality. How can anyone complain?

wmoz11
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Want to know how crazy (stupid) I am? I bought the NFL Preseason Live package from NFL.com for $20 just to make sure I see tomorrow's game fully and in good quality.

T-Long
08-27-2010, 09:50 PM
will xs have the game tomorrow for sure?

wmoz11
08-27-2010, 09:56 PM
It won't at all since his local feed is blacked out.

xs_sports
08-27-2010, 10:12 PM
It's not blacked out, they totally took it off the schedule and moved it to Sunday. I live in Canada and have NEVER had a Bills game blacked out on me.

I will have it a 2am on NFL Network and on Sunday at 8pm.

Mahdi
08-27-2010, 11:42 PM
It's not blacked out, they totally took it off the schedule and moved it to Sunday. I live in Canada and have NEVER had a Bills game blacked out on me.

I will have it a 2am on NFL Network and on Sunday at 8pm.
are you sure about showing the game on Sunday at 2 am? I don't see it on the schedule....

gggbills
08-28-2010, 02:04 AM
Want to know how crazy (stupid) I am? I bought the NFL Preseason Live package from NFL.com for $20 just to make sure I see tomorrow's game fully and in good quality.
That's not a bad idea, how is it working for you?

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 07:14 AM
That's not a bad idea, how is it working for you?

I tested it out with some of the games last night and it was great. It works basically like Tivo in that you can go back and watch something again and then catch up to real time. Also, you can choose to listen to the tv audio, or either one of the teams' official radio broadcasts.

Stream quality was great.

Gibran Chandan
08-28-2010, 07:24 AM
I tested it out with some of the games last night and it was great. It works basically like Tivo in that you can go back and watch something again and then catch up to real time. Also, you can choose to listen to the tv audio, or either one of the teams' official radio broadcasts.

Stream quality was great.

For anyone considering this option - just keep in mind that it is ONLY available for the preason games, and that it won't be an option during the regular season.

Thanks, NFL.

gggbills
08-28-2010, 07:34 AM
For anyone considering this option - just keep in mind that it is ONLY available for the preason games, and that it won't be an option during the regular season.

Thanks, NFL.
Cool, I am going to buy it today.....heck it's only $20 bucks, I'll pay that to watch a Bills game live

xs_sports
08-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Guys, since I can't get the game live tonight (gutted :( ) I ordered UFC.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 01:14 PM
Cool, I am going to buy it today.....heck it's only $20 bucks, I'll pay that to watch a Bills game live

Thats what I am doing.

Ingtar33
08-28-2010, 01:55 PM
i really don't mean to be a spoil sport but this is illegal as all hell... and i'd hate to see the legal wrath the NFL might bring down on this board for even allowing this to be advertized here.

they don't call it the "no fun league" for no reason.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 01:56 PM
i really don't mean to be a spoil sport but this is illegal as all hell... and i'd hate to see the legal wrath the NFL might bring down on this board for even allowing this to be advertized here.

they don't call it the "no fun league" for no reason.

Pay the 20 bucks and your legal.

Ingtar33
08-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Pay the 20 bucks and your legal.

are you saying xs has legal permission from the nfl to sell it's games online to the general public? If that is the case then I stand corrected.

Mindbender
08-28-2010, 02:15 PM
are you saying xs has legal permission from the nfl to sell it's games online to the general public? If that is the case then I stand corrected.

he's talking about the nfl.com stream.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 02:18 PM

NFL Preseason Live on NFL.com for 20 bucks to watch any game live.

Ingtar33
08-28-2010, 02:24 PM
NFL Preseason Live on NFL.com for 20 bucks to watch any game live.

yes... but again, XS is re-selling that isn't he?

In which case it's illegal.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 02:26 PM

No idea where he gets his feed from. What I'm doing has nothing to do with XS.

I went to NFL.com and signed up for NFL Preseason Live... all legal.

SquishDaFish
08-28-2010, 02:32 PM
He doesnt get it from NFL.com he gets it from the national broadcast

Gibran Chandan
08-28-2010, 02:44 PM

No, he isn't reselling it.

A: he's not using NFL.com's stream
B: he's not technically selling a broadcast. He's simply asking for donations for a server.
C: EVERY stream of EVERY regular season game is illegal, unless you live outside of the United States and can purchase the NFL Game Pass or whatever it's called. So...unless you want to start attacking every single thread about every single stream, you might want to save your breath.

Ingtar33
08-28-2010, 02:49 PM
He doesnt get it from NFL.com he gets it from the national broadcast

which he can't sell. every broadcast talks about it... "any rebroadcast without expressed written permission by the nfl is expressly prohibited"... and yes, every stream is illegal, that's why the NFL shuts them down every week... and thats just the free ones.

It doesn't matter if he gets $$ to pay for his net connection and donates every dime back to the nfl. without the nfl's permission to broadcast (not to mention charging money for that broadcast) what he's doing is completely illegal, and believe me, the nfl won't let it last... nor will they go easy on anyone promoting what he's doing. (they might turn a blind eye on promoting free streams... but promoting streams that charge? no... they won't let anyone get away with that)

I could be wrong about this, but i don't think i am. This is the same league that's tried to ban restaurants from having "Superbowl" parties, because the name "Superbowl" is trademarked, and they have to pay the NFL for the rights to use the name.

Believe me, they don't play games... and while i won't tell XS not to do it (everyone can break the law on their own hook) as i'm sure he knows this, my concern is simply for this board because he's advertizing it here.

I don't know what type of liability that makes for this board... but i suspect there is some liability out there somewhere for it (again, I’m not a lawyer, but I’m pretty sure I’m right about this, I just want to make sure the mods have thought about it, and looked into it, as i'd hate to see the league shut this place down, and fine the owners of the server/page)

Ingtar33
08-28-2010, 03:06 PM
No, he isn't reselling it.

A: he's not using NFL.com's stream
B: he's not technically selling a broadcast. He's simply asking for donations for a server.
C: EVERY stream of EVERY regular season game is illegal, unless you live outside of the United States and can purchase the NFL Game Pass or whatever it's called. So...unless you want to start attacking every single thread about every single stream, you might want to save your breath.

A: Irrelevant to my point
B: Irrelevant - he has made financial profit from the league's property.
C: Yes they are all illegal, but most don't "profit" financially, so the league simply shuts them down and doesn't prosecute.

-This isn't about attacking web streams... nor attacking XS... nor any one on these boards who has become a subscriber to his web stream.

This is about protecting the board from the NFL. It's my belief advertizing this crime on this board opens the moderators, owners, and server owners up to punitive legal fines, and potentially to the end of this board.

That is my ONLY concern. what XS and people who watch streams do is not my concern.

ParanoidAndroid
08-28-2010, 03:33 PM
A: Irrelevant to my point
B: Irrelevant - he has made financial profit from the league's property.
C: Yes they are all illegal, but most don't "profit" financially, so the league simply shuts them down and doesn't prosecute.

-This isn't about attacking web streams... nor attacking XS... nor any one on these boards who has become a subscriber to his web stream.

This is about protecting the board from the NFL. It's my belief advertizing this crime on this board opens the moderators, owners, and server owners up to punitive legal fines, and potentially to the end of this board.

That is my ONLY concern. what XS and people who watch streams do is not my concern.

Has he made a profit? Are you his accountant?

gggbills
08-28-2010, 03:33 PM
No idea where he gets his feed from. What I'm doing has nothing to do with XS.

I went to NFL.com and signed up for NFL Preseason Live... all legal.

Same for me. Going to test it in 30 min by watching the the Browns/lions game live

bills4ver
08-28-2010, 03:35 PM
i am interested in the NFL live- but does it allow you to pause for a few hours I have a fantasy draft at the same time as the game. It says the nfl live archive won't have the game until 24+ hours but what about the actual feed can u pause it for a few hours?

Also is there any way to get the feed through a ps3 so u can watch it on the big screen instead of little pc montitor. There help and faq section is terrible.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 03:39 PM
i am interested in the NFL live- but does it allow you to pause for a few hours I have a fantasy draft at the same time as the game. It says the nfl live archive won't have the game until 24+ hours but what about the actual feed can u pause it for a few hours?

Also is there any way to get the feed through a ps3 so u can watch it on the big screen instead of little pc montitor. There help and faq section is terrible.

So, its similar to ESPN360 in that it archives the games. When I watched the Pats game this morning, I could pause. Not sure if you can do that live.

Get a new video card with dual display, HDMI outs and you can connect directly from your PC to your TV. That's what I do, except I run it to my projector... which gives me HD TV at 108 inches diagonal. If your stuck on the PS3 method, I wouldnt know.

bills4ver
08-28-2010, 03:52 PM
So, its similar to ESPN360 in that it archives the games. When I watched the Pats game this morning, I could pause. Not sure if you can do that live.

Get a new video card with dual display, HDMI outs and you can connect directly from your PC to your TV. That's what I do, except I run it to my projector... which gives me HD TV at 108 inches diagonal. If your stuck on the PS3 method, I wouldnt know.

i just got a new video card with hdmi outputs but don't have a clue how to hook it up or what to do lol - plus my big screens are like 2 rooms away wish there was an easy way.

I am just worried about paying for it pausing it at the start walking away to draft for 2 hours then not getting it

X-Era
08-28-2010, 04:02 PM
i just got a new video card with hdmi outputs but don't have a clue how to hook it up or what to do lol - plus my big screens are like 2 rooms away wish there was an easy way.

I am just worried about paying for it pausing it at the start walking away to draft for 2 hours then not getting it
There used to be ways to record streaming video. I used one in the past but cant remember the name of the software.

But yeah, thats the difficulty. I have my PC right next to my receiver which does HDMI switching so Im good.

mightysimi
08-28-2010, 04:11 PM

ps3 has an internet browser. Couldn't you just go to the website that you are streaming through?

gggbills
08-28-2010, 04:12 PM
There used to be ways to record streaming video. I used one in the past but cant remember the name of the software.

But yeah, thats the difficulty. I have my PC right next to my receiver which does HDMI switching so Im good.

Watching the Browns game right now. Looks good, real good. Watching on a Gateway laptop, 17 inch HD screen. This is cool

bills4ver
08-28-2010, 04:22 PM
ps3 has an internet browser. Couldn't you just go to the website that you are streaming through?

just tried on the ps3 can get to the website but need adobe flash and ps3 does not support it - well looks like monday at 8 i will be watching if not still working

LVGrown
08-28-2010, 04:46 PM
i live in vegas and get dish network, they show everything out side of the local channels on east coast time. my guide shows the game on nfl network at 11 tonight.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 04:52 PM
i live in vegas and get dish network, they show everything out side of the local channels on east coast time. my guide shows the game on nfl network at 11 tonight.

Your NFL Network sched is different than mine? I cant believe that. Your 3 zones away which would make it 2am EST. Which makes sense because we all had confirmed that that was the original time. But, its changed now to Monday.

So, on their site now they have sea at 11pm EST, and NO at 2am EST.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 04:57 PM

Just checked the live Cleveland game and it paused it just fine. I don't know what happens if you go 2 hours but it worked so far.

gggbills
08-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Your NFL Network sched is different than mine? I cant believe that. Your 3 zones away which would make it 2am EST. Which makes sense because we all had confirmed that that was the original time. But, its changed now to Monday.

So, on their site now they have sea at 11pm EST, and NO at 2am EST.

I am in So. Cal, have AT&T Uverse. On NFL Network the guide says the Bills will be on tonight at 11:00pm PST. We shall see

DrGraves
08-28-2010, 05:12 PM
sooo how can i watch this game for free?

X-Era
08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
No clue, I dont think you can.

I just opened the game on my NFL Preseason Live and it says the game will start soon. Also, you cant pick the Buffalo feed, only the Bengals feed (its a selection at the bottom of the player). You can, however, pick Bills commentary.

This is different, but interesting. The video is very good by the way... so far.

jimbledsoe
08-28-2010, 05:15 PM
xs... $1 a game for an almost guaranteed stream and good quality. How can anyone complain?

Thanks MOZ

X-Era
08-28-2010, 05:24 PM
sooo how can i watch this game for free?

From the game day thread:

Online Viewing Sources

NFL Preseason Live ($20) (http://preseason.nfl.com/)
xslive.net (http://www.xslive.net/)
atdhe.net <--Most Reliable (http://atdhe.net/)
Justin.tv (non-direct) (http://www.justin.tv/directory/sports/hockey?kind=live&order=hot&lang=en)
UStream (http://www.ustream.tv/)
p2p4u (http://p2p4u.net/)
Channelsurfing.net (non-direct) (http://channelsurfing.net/)

Follow online with NFL Gamecenter (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010082853/2010/PRE3/bengals@bills#tab:analyze)

Mahdi
08-29-2010, 01:09 AM
So is there a stream right now on XSlive?

Extremebillsfan247
08-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Got an error message from xslive.net (http://www.xslive.net/) while clicking on the directory to sign up.

Error 404: The requested resource was not found.

Just putting it out there.

Mahdi
08-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Got an error message from xslive.net (http://www.xslive.net/) while clicking on the directory to sign up.

Error 404: The requested resource was not found.

Just putting it out there.
I signed up and paid but I can't log on.

xs_sports
08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Mahdi! I activated your account. Since it was an e-cheque it have to activate the account manually, usually it's instant.

Sorry for the delay!

Mahdi
08-29-2010, 07:54 PM
Hey Mahdi! I activated your account. Since it was an e-cheque it have to activate the account manually, usually it's instant.

Sorry for the delay!
No worries. Thought it would be something like that. Thanks for the quick update.