Interesting proposition from another board...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Interesting proposition from another board...

A guy from BBMB says we should trade for McNeil and Vincent Jackson and make a run at the division.

Hypothetically, and feel free to debate this, if we picked up a young pro bowl LT and a solid No. 2 wide receiver do you think we could win 10-11 games and make the playoffs?

I do actually. I think that Trent is adequate enough to be a game manager and with McNeil, our line would be solid enough to open some big running lanes. Not only that, but the QB is protected.

When you run, run, run and do it well good things can happen. you can open up the play action and look downfield. Jackson automatically makes the pass game better and demands respect, taking away the double team on Evans.

A trade for both would be incredible in my opinion. Also near impossible. But with our secondary and added beef up the middle, mixed with an improved offense these players could give the Bills some more wins.

It won't happen, but what if it did? How would that change your season predictions?
    I am The Batman.
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Interesting proposition from another board...

A. this move might win us 6 games instead of 3.

B. what do you plan on giving up to acquire all of that?

We don't have enough quality to pick up those two guys in a trade.

Comment

• Electrici
      • May 2003

Sounds great. But how exactly is that going to happen?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
        • Jun 2005

I would def say 9-11 wins if we got both

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
          A. this move might win us 6 games instead of 3.

B. what do you plan on giving up to acquire all of that?

We don't have enough quality to pick up those two guys in a trade.
          A. You only think they're good for three wins?
          B. That wasn't what I asked. Plus, this wasn't my idea I was just forwarding the suggestion from another board. If I had to guess, I'd say it would take the equivalent of a first and a mid round pick.
          C. We have plenty of picks, we just want to use them in the draft.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• BillsWin
            man amongst boys
            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Electrici
            Sounds great. But how exactly is that going to happen?
            Don't know. Ask the guy on the other board who mentioned it. Like I told fun times, maybe a first and a third, fourth or fifth if I had to guess. Or the equivalent to that. Maybe some players. Who knows?

What do you think it would take?
            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BillsWin
              A. You only think they're good for three wins?
              B. That wasn't what I asked. Plus, this wasn't my idea I was just forwarding the suggestion from another board. If I had to guess, I'd say it would take the equivalent of a first and a mid round pick.
              C. We have plenty of picks, we just want to use them in the draft.

Well you need to give up quality to get quality.

In order to toss around these type of ideas you need to have a clear perspective of what you want to give up to make it come true...in terms of draft picks even giving up our entire 2011 draft likely doesn't get both of them.

Talent wise I think we're one of the worst teams in the NFL. Combine that with no QB, no OLine, no playmakers, a difficult schedule and 3 teams in the division that are clearly better than we are. How can you project winning more than 5 games?

Adding a Tackle and a Wide Receiver, while yes will help lessen the talent gap, isn't enough to turn the team into a serious contender. Besides we don't have enough in terms to give up to acquire both of those guys.

Comment

• wmoz11
                • Sep 2008

That's 55-70M in guaranteed money between those guys.

Theoretically, though, Jackson is valued at about a 2nd since he doesn't have a contract he'll play for and McNeill is at least a 1st.

I'd pay that price plus a roster player, but that's a lot of money to dish out.
                Last edited by wmoz11; 08-27-2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Jaybird
                  • Dec 2005

It would take most of our draft picks for next season... never a good idea

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

I really don't think this team is a left tackle and a wide receiver away from competing, there are other problems facing them. The glaring weakness is linebacker. FTY isn't dumb with his assessment either, these guys come with a price. Another thing to think about is just bringing in a left tackle, it doesn't guarantee a line gels.

Comment

• Mad Max
                      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                      A guy from BBMB says we should trade for McNeil and Vincent Jackson and make a run at the division.
                      It would mean turning Jake Locker/Andrew Luck into Marcus Mcneil. Therefore I'm going to pass, I'm not mortgaging the future for a slim chance of getting waxed in the playoffs this season.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                        I really don't think this team is a left tackle and a wide receiver away from competing, there are other problems facing them. The glaring weakness is linebacker. FTY isn't dumb with his assessment either, these guys come with a price. Another thing to think about is just bringing in a left tackle, it doesn't guarantee a line gels.
                        i'm with this guy on the matter at hand.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                          • Jan 2003

We are missing to much for 2 players to make a 10=11 win season. Not to mention we have no real depth unless your looking at DB's or RB's and injurys can and probably will have us playing guys that have no business playing.

While it certainly would be nice to have these guys it would not make a big difference this season. Fill a few more of our holes and we could revisit it.
                          The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• G Wolly
                            • Mar 2004

Vincent Jackson wouldn't be too effective until we have an established QB to throw the ball to him.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                              Dances With Buffaloes
                              • Sep 2002

wait... 2 good players (one a probowler) for what?

i mean seriously, what would be a fair trade... if i'm the chargers i don't give up McNeil for at least CJ Spiller, plus a 1st rounder...

Jackson is probably worth at least a 2nd rounder and a starter so... what? Poz and our 2nd rounder?

I mean if you're good with giving up our 1st and 2nd plus Poz and Spiller then sure.

Personally i don't think so
                              Last edited by Ingtar33; 08-28-2010, 02:14 AM.
                              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X