PDA

View Full Version : Blacked out I know... But

ServoBillieves
08-28-2010, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure how the whole blackout thing works, how much of the area is blacked out?

I'm going to be in Olean with family and wanted to know if we'd be partaking in watching the game.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure how the whole blackout thing works, how much of the area is blacked out?

I'm going to be in Olean with family and wanted to know if we'd be partaking in watching the game.

For some crazy reason I think i know this answer.

Its 75 mile radius from the stadium. However, if any part of a channels coverage area goes into the 75 miles, they must be blacked out too.

ServoBillieves
08-28-2010, 09:40 AM
That sounds about right. Might have to head in to Granny's and see if they're carrying it.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:52 AM
That sounds about right. Might have to head in to Granny's and see if they're carrying it.

I checked WKBW on TV Guide in Bath NY's Time Warner and its not on. They are showing it at 8pm on Sun.

TigerJ
08-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Elmira might be able to carry it if their signal doesn't get too close to Orchard Park. Unfortunately, I think Elmira's network affiliates lean more toward Jets and Giants games. I think we'll be getting a satelite hookup soon, but it won't help us this weekend.

PromoTheRobot
08-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Forget about it. WKBW isn't broadcasting the game live to anyone if they can't show it in Buffalo or Rochester. Everybody's gotta wait till Sunday night.

It's not a CBS game. It's a local WKBW production. Hence there is no blackout radius because only WKBW and WHAM in Rochester were showing the game in the first place.

PTR

X-Era
08-28-2010, 12:58 PM
Forget about it. WKBW isn't broadcasting the game live to anyone if they can't show it in Buffalo or Rochester. Everybody's gotta wait till Sunday night.

It's not a CBS game. It's a local WKBW production. Hence there is no blackout radius because only WKBW and WHAM in Rochester were showing the game in the first place.

PTR
I don't think thats true at all.

They still record the game, they simply don't show it locally until Sunday. And NFL Preseason Live (online) has the live feed.

The NFL has the rights to the game and the NFL is the one showing it by preseason live. WKBW is simply following the NFL's blackout rules and not broadcasting it live. But, they will still be there with camera's.

PromoTheRobot
08-28-2010, 01:09 PM
I don't think thats true at all.

They still record the game, they simply don't show it locally until Sunday. And NFL Preseason Live (online) has the live feed.

That is correct. They have to do the play-by-play live in order to be able to show it on TV later. Plus the Cinci stations are showing the game live with their own PBP guys. But there are only two local TV stations showing the game: WKBW and WHAM. I don't think anyone in Elmira or Syracuse was signed up. So that means no broadcast until Sunday.

I just checked the Elmira and Syracuse listings. Nobody is showing the game tonight or Sunday.

PTR

X-Era
08-28-2010, 01:13 PM
That is correct. They have to do the play-by-play live in order to be able to show it on TV later. Plus the Cinci stations are showing the game live with their own PBP guys. But there are only two local TV stations showing the game: WKBW and WHAM. I don't think anyone in Elmira or Syracuse was signed up. So that means no broadcast until Sunday.

I just checked the Elmira and Syracuse listings. Nobody is showing the game tonight or Sunday.

PTR

Were saying two different things.

You're saying no one getting WKBW will be watching it live on cable, thats true.

I'm going to be watching it live by NFL Preseason Live streaming online. But the feed will be WKBW.

PromoTheRobot
08-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Were saying two different things.

You're saying no one getting WKBW will be watching it live on cable, thats true.

I'm going to be watching it live by NFL Preseason Live streaming online. But the feed will be WKBW.

You are right again. And thanks for reminding me about NFL Presason Live. I just signed up.

PTR