Easley could have played in September...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Easley could have played in September...

:op:

Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

Buffalo Bills rookie wide receiver Marcus Easley is recovering well following knee surgery and is now off crutches, according to an NFL source with knowledge of the situation.
    Per a source, Easley didn't tear his anterior cruciate ligament and could have returned to play as soon as the first month of the regular season.
    However, the Bills opted to shut down the fourth-round draft pick for the entire regular season.
    I was and still am very excited about this kid. Shutting him down for the season when he could have returned in September confuses me and makes me brain hurt.
    I am The Batman.
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Easley could have played in September...

I am confused as well, but he is raw and this will give him time to work on his game and strength so it is not something that I am going to get to upset about.

I do expect him to start next year though, he has speed and gets good separation.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

The team is going nowhere this year. Why have him come back, rush and risk the chance of hurting it again for just a little experience? If the Bills did that people would have been screaming.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
        shelby's big brother smilie smilie
        • Mar 2007

It would be nice if the option to come back was there

Comment

• Kelly The Dog
          • Jul 2002

"The first month of the season" to me means after four games. And that is preceded by "could" which is likely the early end of, say, "4-6 weeks" or maybe 3-5. Still, you're talking about a rookie, with only one year of college experience, missing all of pre-season, and the first month of the regular season when he "could" come back and start practicing? And we're going to cut David Nelson or Chad Jackson for this?

He simply was going to miss too much time, and wasn't a sure fire, polished play-maker as a rookie anyway. I'm excited about his future, and think it was a good pick, and he could turn out well. We couldn't afford to keep him on the active roster though, not knowing when he will return, missing all that essential time, and having to waive a guy who is likely to play.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            If the Bills did that people would have been screaming.
            Would they have? haha

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

I'm not buying it... Every year some reporter suggests that an injured player could have returned... Poz, McKelvin come to mind. The next season, we always hear that they weren't actually game ready.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
                "The first month of the season" to me means after four games. And that is preceded by "could" which is likely the early end of, say, "4-6 weeks" or maybe 3-5. Still, you're talking about a rookie, with only one year of college experience, missing all of pre-season, and the first month of the regular season when he "could" come back and start practicing? And we're going to cut David Nelson or Chad Jackson for this?

He simply was going to miss too much time, and wasn't a sure fire, polished play-maker as a rookie anyway. I'm excited about his future, and think it was a good pick, and he could turn out well. We couldn't afford to keep him on the active roster though, not knowing when he will return, missing all that essential time, and having to waive a guy who is likely to play.
                Great points Dog. I think they IR'ed him to save a roster spot, knowing he would not be ready this year.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by draz54
                  I'm not buying it... Every year some reporter suggests that an injured player could have returned... Poz, McKelvin come to mind. The next season, we always hear that they weren't actually game ready.
                  +1

And Angelo Crowell.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by psubills62
                    +1

And Angelo Crowell.
                    How could I forget... 2 years removed and he still can't get on the field.

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin
                      :op:

Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

I was and still am very excited about this kid. Shutting him down for the season when he could have returned in September confuses me and makes me brain hurt.
                      Very Buffalo Bills-ish. I expect nothing less from this franchise.

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by draz54
                        How could I forget... 2 years removed and he still can't get on the field.
                        I heard Crowell is going to play in the UFL this year.

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

The bills seem to have some good wr options. not studs or anything, but they have choices to make without easley in there, so there isn't any need to rush him back.

and if the bills secretly still think the QB situation is fruitless, and that they are run oriented this season, he isn't going to "learn" much. if evans has crappy numbers and he's a stud, how is a rookie supposed to impress when the ball simply isn't thrown very much.

i don't think this is as bizarre as the mckelvin and poz IR's that jauron did. This one makes sense.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by better days
                            I heard Crowell is going to play in the UFL this year.
                            Yep, on the same team as Shaud Williams, the Omaha Nighthawks.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

the only thing i can think of the bills thinking is they didnt think he'd be ready for a little longer and this year will now be like a redshirt year for him.

if i remember correctly he didnt play till his junior year in college

i dont think it will hurt for him to learn to be a pro for a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X