PDA

View Full Version : Im saying this now

X-Era
08-28-2010, 06:39 PM
Call me a homer, I don't care.

CJ Spiller is one of the players that gets us back to the playoffs and beyond.

It still may take years to get the QB, D, and OL that we need. But when we get there again, Spiller will be a major reason why.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2010, 06:40 PM
did he have a big run?

X-Era
08-28-2010, 06:45 PM
did he have a big run?

He has had several. If your asking did he have a long TD run in this game, no. But, he has again shown how explosive he is. He, IMO, will be a big reason why we get back to being a contender.

mikemac2001
08-28-2010, 07:05 PM
It's turning 3 yard runs into 5 yards

And 5 yard runs into 10+

His blocking has been suspect though but will get better

Extremebillsfan247
08-28-2010, 07:08 PM
He started out kind of shaky, almost got his QB killed on a poor block, but redemption was huge with a couple of big runs with one giving us the lead just before halftime. Trent looking good out there. I can't believe I'm saying that but its true, he looks like an actual QB tonight. JMO

X-Era
08-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Spiller didn't necessarily make sense as a position of need when we drafted him. But, he was arguably the BPA. And when you draft the BPA, you may just get great players.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 07:15 PM
Dear Chan,

You dont need 3 RB's and Spiller should start very early this year. Please trade the guy you dont need for a pick or a good player. You have other needs, be smart.

Thanks,

X

TheBrownBear
08-28-2010, 07:18 PM
at the game...edwards and spiller looked real good tonight. Edwards can be solid with protection and the right playcalling.

Dr. Lecter
08-28-2010, 07:22 PM
View from the game- spiller is special

X-Era
08-28-2010, 07:46 PM
Anybody catch Spiller right there clapping as Ghee got up, and how he cheered him on as he appeared OK and got carted off after that nasty hit?

Class act. I like this kid.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2010, 08:02 PM
was the 20 yd td a speed run or just good blocking?

hammerbillsfan
08-28-2010, 08:03 PM
:clap:

tampabay25690
08-28-2010, 08:15 PM
He is special...
I saw him play last year in the ACC championship game up close and I said WOW this guy can take over a ball game....

X-Era
08-28-2010, 08:27 PM
was the 20 yd td a speed run or just good blocking?

I think its classic Spiller. He needs room to work, but if you give it to him, he can burn you.

NOT THE DUDE...
08-28-2010, 08:28 PM
I think its classic Spiller. He needs room to work, but if you give it to him, he can burn you.

dang!

BuffaloBlitz83
08-28-2010, 08:52 PM
The bottomline is he makes a 10 yard run 25, a 5 yard run 15, and a 20 yard run 80

X-Era
08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
dang!

It's preseason and anything more than a gut feel is probably saying too much. But, he has what it takes IMO, and he should be able to go out and prove himself this year with ease if he gets he carries.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 08:53 PM
The bottomline is he makes a 10 yard run 25, a 5 yard run 15, and a 20 yard run 80

That's the type of career he has had so far... and it appears that it will continue.

Turf
08-28-2010, 08:55 PM
Spiller is the thriller and should be the starter come gameday. Gamebreaker is what he is.

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Finally catching up on the Spiller love? And some people were mad when we drafted him. Now those people know.

Give Spiller at least 20 carries a game and we will win a lot of games.

Turf
08-28-2010, 08:59 PM
I was never against getting him.

ublinkwescore
08-28-2010, 09:02 PM
I was shocked and a little disappointed at first, then I started watching the youtube vids and reading up on the guy, now I'm gonna try to get my kid a spiller jersey one of these days - I'll sport my lynch on sundays, and he'll sport Spiller.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Finally catching up on the Spiller love? And some people were mad when we drafted him. Now those people know.

Give Spiller at least 20 carries a game and we will win a lot of games.

Don't know who you are referring to.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3220710&postcount=3

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=191578&highlight=spiller

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 09:09 PM
Don't know who you are referring to.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3220710&postcount=3

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=191578&highlight=spillerNice it only took you til draft day and later in june to even know who he was.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:16 PM
I love this:

"Nah, he doesnt surprise me... Uh, I saw him up close and personal for two years... He doesnt surprise me a lick."

Gailey, with two years at GT saw this guy and knew what he was.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:24 PM
Nice it only took you til draft day and later in june to even know who he was.

Maybe you didnt read my pre-draft Draft Guide. Thats OK, here was my overview:

"This years running back group is highlighted by two homerun hitters in C.J. Spiller, and Jahvid Best." It was part of the Draft Guide released well before the draft.

And here was my write-up:

"CJ Spiller is a home threat both running and receiving and can score any
time he touches the ball. Spiller is more of an outside runner than an inside runner.
He's able to break tackles inside, but lacks the size and strength to be much
of a bruiser running in between the tackles. Where Spiller excels is when he has
space to work. He has great elusiveness, and manages to get a ton of extra
yards. CJ is a versatile running back with great hands, and an ability to be a
teams returner."

Or maybe you missed this:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=190639&highlight=spiller...please look at the date.

Or this,

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3208153&postcount=7

again check the date.

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Nice second only to predictions of Clausen and Tebow at 9.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Nice second only to predictions of Clausen and Tebow at 9.

And?

You claimed I only jumped on the Spiller bandwagon after the draft, is that true or not?

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 09:37 PM
And?

You claimed I only jumped on the Spiller bandwagon after the draft, is that true or not?Ya it only took you til Clausen and Tebow were eliminated. Both those qb's would be terrible picks, and people actually were crying to draft those scrubs over spiller.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:41 PM
Ya it only took you til Clausen and Tebow were eliminated. Both those qb's would be terrible picks, and people actually were crying to draft those scrubs over spiller.
Well, i guess you choose not to read. 4/14 is when again?

Anyways, I think and have thought, Spiller is a very good prospect and that despite the lack of a need at the time, he is a good move for this organization.

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 09:44 PM
Well, i guess you choose not to read. 4/14 is when again?

Anyways, I think and have thought, Spiller is a very good prospect and that despite the lack of a need at the time, he is a good move for this organization.We had a horrible offense last year. Playmaker was a drastic need.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 09:50 PM
We had a horrible offense last year. Playmaker was a drastic need.
What exactly is your argument?

Was I a Spiller bandwagon jumper or not? Did I think he was the top rated RB before the draft or not?

Did I think we could actually draft him, before the draft or not?

Because in my mind, I thought he was worthy of the 9 pick and that we had a great shot at drafting him there. Was I wrong?

I mean if your point is only that I didn't commit to the exact pick at 9 before it was made, You are right. I'm not sure I will ever do that. Does anyone really ever know?

Man, I have a whole new appreciation for what Db goes through.

Buffalogic
08-28-2010, 10:14 PM
I guess if you list a bunch of picks you might get one right.

I guess you'd say you were right if the bills drafted Clausen or Tebow or whatever. Anyone can say that.

And your name used to be Edwards era if I'm not mistaken and now you try to replace him with Brohm and at the draft You wanted Clausen lol. Now you wanna say Spiller is great while I remember you were banging the drum hard for Clausen.

It doesn't really matter, Spiller is the man and he's ours. Period.

X-Era
08-28-2010, 10:21 PM
It doesn't really matter, Spiller is the man and he's ours. Period.
Just this easy.

The rest is silly crap.

:up:

BTW, I have no idea who the Bills will pick with any pick, and no one else here does either. I form an opinion on whom is worth the pick and whom is a nice fit for the Bills. That will never be a single player... If you are looking for that, I suggest a pro, or maybe the amazing Kreskin. This is for fun, not for profit. I simply form an opinion on whom I think will become a good NFL player. I'm right sometimes, but I'm wrong also.

TheGhostofJimKelly
08-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Well I didn't think he was going to be anything special, but now that you have said it, I am convinced.

When is the first commercial with Spiller and Miller (Ryan), there has to be an ad there.

hammerbillsfan
08-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Spiller videos from tonight :up:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a16674/Spiller-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a1665d/Spiller-20-yard-TD

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a1665b/Spiller-20-yard-run

Enjoy! :gobills:

k-oneputt
08-28-2010, 11:08 PM
I guess we won't have to break him in slowly with the 12 touches a game bs.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2010, 11:23 PM
I guess we won't have to break him in slowly with the 12 touches a game bs.

Really?

He's had 29 touches in 3 preseason games thus far.

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 11:25 PM
Really?

Yeah, and he has played 5 quarters.

psubills62
08-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Really?

You mean games where the first team offense only played a half? So...multiply that # by 2 and you have 20 touches a game.

k-oneputt
08-28-2010, 11:27 PM
Really?

LOL. enough said.

Mr. Pink
08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL. enough said.

He's had the touches because there's two running backs out.

Do you think he'd have that many touches in preseason if Lynch and Jackson were healthy?

And do you think he's going to get that many when both of them are ready and healthy?

It's a numbers game on top of the fact he's not built to taking the pounding of being the featured back, notice all his runs that go anywhere are bounced outside?

He's not a between the tackles runner who can handle the rock 20-25 times a game.

Oh yeah, in the first preseason game, he had 4 touches.

k-oneputt
08-28-2010, 11:51 PM
It's pretty obvious who Gailey is gonna run the offense through. HIS #9 pick. You saw a glimpse of it in the 1st half tonight on how he is going to do it. Jackson will be giving him the breather.
Either way you and your "12 touches a game" crew had better re-evaluate.

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2010, 07:33 AM
Really?

And Joique Bell has had 30. I don't think he will get more in the regular season.

I am not really sure what your point is.

Dr. Lecter
08-29-2010, 07:38 AM

Do you think he'd have that many touches in preseason if Lynch and Jackson were healthy?

And do you think he's going to get that many when both of them are ready and healthy?

It's a numbers game on top of the fact he's not built to taking the pounding of being the featured back, notice all his runs that go anywhere are bounced outside?

He's not a between the tackles runner who can handle the rock 20-25 times a game.

No doubt the two guys out has increased his workload.

I am also not sure why you think he can't get that many touches a game.

I don't deny that his workload will be affected once Lynch and Jackson are ready as they will get plays too. But I think it is pretty clear to anybody with a tiny bit of football sense that this guy is the most talented RB on the roster (and probably the most talented player). They have to get him the ball. If it means less work for Freddie or Lynch so be it.

Trading Jackson, once he is healthy, might be a good idea depending on the return.

Buffalogic
08-29-2010, 07:42 AM
Who would trade for Fred Jackson really? He's pretty old. I can't even think of a team that would trade for him let alone give us equal compensation.

Extremebillsfan247
08-29-2010, 07:51 AM

Give Spiller at least 20 carries a game and we will win a lot of games.I wasn't on this board for pre draft I don't think. But, I don't think anyone was really angry with the Spiller pick. The majority consensus was that the Bills passed up on positions of need for a position where we were already stocked with talent. Just about anyone you talked to outside of One Bills Drive that focused on this team thought we would either go QB, OL, or DL at 9. So, that is where a lot of the attention among fans and media alike went to. The Spiller pick was a bit of a surprise but I doubt anyone was really questioning his ability. However, one can only look back at it now and be impressed with Nix staying true to his word. He had been saying since the draft talk started that the Bills would be looking for the best player on the board at 9. That turned out to be Spiller, and up to this point it looks to be the right decision. JMO

mayotm
08-29-2010, 08:33 AM

So Mr. Pink, he doesn't have the build to touch the ball 20 - 25 times a game? Kind of like Chris Johnson doesn't have the build?

k-oneputt
08-29-2010, 09:55 AM
So Mr. Pink, he doesn't have the build to touch the ball 20 - 25 times a game? Kind of like Chris Johnson doesn't have the build?

His build is almost identical to CJ. As are his physical abilities.
Only in Buffalo can we get a legit player and give him 12 touches. Nope, I think Gailey is smarter than that.

ddaryl
08-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Call me a homer, I don't care.

CJ Spiller is one of the players that gets us back to the playoffs and beyond.

It still may take years to get the QB, D, and OL that we need. But when we get there again, Spiller will be a major reason why.

Nix 1st draft pick as a GM appears to be a grand slam....

hats off to BPA and Nix

X-Era
08-29-2010, 10:16 AM

hats off to BPA and Nix

It really does.

I'm still a bit leery on several of our picks... Carrington, Troupe, Moats, Batten, and Wang. But, they have plenty of time to develop so we will see.

psubills62
08-29-2010, 10:27 AM
It really does.

I'm still a bit leery on several of our picks... Carrington, Troupe, Moats, Batten, and Wang. But, they have plenty of time to develop so we will see.

I don't think leery should be the right word...maybe cautious? After all, I've heard nothing but good things about Carrington, and numerous positives about Troup. Moats seems to be coming along just fine. Batten and Wang really haven't had much chance to prove themselves.

X-Era
08-29-2010, 10:31 AM
I don't think leery should be the right word...maybe cautious? After all, I've heard nothing but good things about Carrington, and numerous positives about Troup. Moats seems to be coming along just fine. Batten and Wang really haven't had much chance to prove themselves.

Cautious is better.

Troup hasn't been the pocket collapser or the guy that is tackling RB's at the line yet. Carrington has been very quiet so far, and Moats has looked decent against 3rd stringers but has also missed tackles and been out of position on ST's which will be a bigger role for him this year.

Just cautious. Like I said, they have plenty of time to develop.

Kelly The Dog
08-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Spiller should almost always be on the field AND only get his 15+ touches a game. Teams have to account for him on every play. Send him one way and run Lynch or Jackson the other. Split him out and take two guys with him. Put him in motion, look to him and then back to Evans. There are dozens of ways to both utilize him and utilize him as a decoy because he's so dangerous.

Canadian'eh!
08-29-2010, 11:35 AM

hats off to BPA and Nix

you guys love to jump the gun. How about we wait for the regular season before we proclaim the draft a stunning success?

mayotm
08-29-2010, 04:39 PM
you guys love to jump the gun. How about we wait for the regular season before we proclaim the draft a stunning success?People are excited that the Bills look much better than expected. There's nothing wrong with it. It doesn't mean it's going to translate to the regular season. However, I'd rather see them playing decently than stinking up the joint like last pre-season.

Mad Max
08-29-2010, 04:55 PM
Who would trade for Fred Jackson really? He's pretty old. I can't even think of a team that would trade for him let alone give us equal compensation.

This.

He's worth much more to us than whatever someone else would offer for him (5th 6th round pick).

Mr. Pink
08-29-2010, 08:13 PM

More like Eric Metcalf and Reggie Bush.

Same type of player.

Between the tackles, pretty useless, get them into space and watch out.

Philagape
08-29-2010, 08:51 PM
More like Eric Metcalf and Reggie Bush.

Same type of player.

Between the tackles, pretty useless, get them into space and watch out.

Spiller's long TD against the Colts started between the tackles.

Mad Max
08-29-2010, 09:12 PM
you guys love to jump the gun. How about we wait for the regular season before we proclaim the draft a stunning success?

I think the guy was only referring to the Spiller pick not the entire draft.

And I think he's right to be enthusiastic, as Spiller's talent is undeniable, pre-season or not, gameplan or not...if he sees the slightest daylight, he gone.

If he played a more cerebral position such as QB, or WR it would certainly be premature to annoint him after the pre-season, but he plays a position that doesn't require much more than heart and skill (ask Travis Henry how smart you have to be to play RB). Barring injury, which is a legit concern, he WILL be great.