PDA

View Full Version : Besides Spiller the Thriller. Trent Edwards...

BuffaloBlitz83
08-28-2010, 07:22 PM
Looked very impressive to me. This new offense with the new regime looks very good so far. Trent is also getting more time to throw the ball. I love what I see from the RB and QB.

Special teams, not so much.

Extremebillsfan247
08-28-2010, 07:38 PM
agreed, wow Simpson down, vicious helmet to helmet collision on a 4th n 1. Hope he is ok. First down though..

tampabay25690
08-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Trent looks so much more comfortable....

more cowbell
08-28-2010, 08:49 PM
The entire offense looks tighter...Edwards looks more comfortable and so does Fitzpatrick.

wmoz11
08-28-2010, 08:51 PM
It's amazing how an actual offensive scheme can make players look better or play up to their abilities. We saw Trent on playaction, 3-step, 5-step, and roll outs. You've got to utilize his athleticism and neutralize the defense's ability to rush him with those types of play calls.

I'm not happy with how our defense played against Cincinnati's 1s, but at least our offense looked competent.

Novacane
08-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Trent has a long way to go to win me back over but I'm starting to get a little more optimistic that maybe his main problem was bad coaching.

Buddo
08-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Trent has a long way to go to win me back over but I'm starting to get a little more optimistic that maybe his main problem was bad coaching.

I'd say that the main problems with much of our 'offense' in recent years, has been bad coaching.

feldspar
08-29-2010, 12:28 PM
The thing I liked most was that we actually were deliberately incorporating the screen pass into the game for a change, and it was working. Huge difference between a checkdown and a designed screen. Trent was also taking shots downfield as well as intermediate passes. I don't think he's as bad as a lot of people have thought...never did.

Playcalling is what is going to make a huge difference this year. Involving Roscoe is a no-brainer.